Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Re: I am so sick of M$ fan boys.

Mar 16, 2013

Can't believe I wasted my time reading OP's rant about hating MS fanboys because he's a sony fanboy. This is just stupid.

Message 21 of 38 (250 Views)
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Mar 16, 2013

deaofly wrote:
I hate Xbox users who only got a PS Vita and say stuff like I will never buy a PS3/ps4 but think they are apart of OUR PLAYSTATION community. 

lol this was pretty funny too. Just bring my vita forums back already >.>

Message 22 of 38 (249 Views)
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Mar 16, 2013
jayquik03......Please say why you want just the Vita forums back. Is it because you feel you think you should be kept separate from real PlayStation fans? I mean ones who have been here with Sony since the beginning? Please enlightened me.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 23 of 38 (243 Views)
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Mar 17, 2013

lol, well for one I didn't have people telling me I wasn't a "Real" playstation fan in the vita forums. I've probably been buying sony products since before you were born so the last thing i'm going to do is sit here and justify myself to you. Consider yourself enlightened. Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 38 (213 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Who.....CARES.
Message 25 of 38 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I dont know if your referring to me or not. Let me just add that i will buy a gaming system if i like it. I wont limit myself to possibilities out there in the gaming world. How ever, Sony has remained a gaming giant in a land of failed current gen consoles. Wii U might be built great but nintendo relies on its first party support for sales, and the same can almost be said for sony but they have way more than a plumber and a peter pan knock off running around with a sword. I already went through M$ first party titles.... Sony offers you more... PERIOD. I can not defend the vita. I just can't. its a great concept with the most powerful graphics for a hand held but the games are so limited. There fore you can not call me a true sony fan boy. The 3DS has a way bigger library and its easier to make games for it. Sonys hand held might change for the better in the future but right now i have to say.... it sucks. And i can give a alot of reasons why but im not going into a vita war on here. oh and for the people that reported me all i have to say is wow..... 3 or 4 days later and my posts are still on here... you sure did show me. 

Message 26 of 38 (197 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Mar 17, 2013
I've owned both systems, and I have this to say:

Xbox Live: The cross game chat is nice, but when I was playing Halo 3 I was getting disconnected at random times in 8 out of 10 games. Note that this is with port forwarding and cat6 Ethernet cables. I port forwarded my first ps3 with cat6 and never did I once get disconnected from a game that the other user didn't rage quit in (soul calibur 4, mvc3, mortal Kombat have been games that people rage quit when I was winning and caused a disconnect) when I was playing CoD MW1 - 3 online I never got disconnected from a single game.

Controller Design: the Xbox controller is heavier than the ps3 controller, requires batteries frequently, and I had to exchange 4 official Xbox controllers for new ones because they would not pair or send any signal other than the Xbox button when they were brand new. That could have been a bad batch though, since I've also had ps3 controllers where the analog sticks stop responding (happens more frequently if the controller is dropped). I must admit that IMO the Xbox controller does have a better design for shooters in terms of button layout, but for someone like me that doesn't play shooters very often and plays primarily fighting and rpg games, the ps3 controller is preferable.

Online Store: xbmp has been difficult to navigate in my experience, and I prefer to actually know how much money I'm spending on a game/DLC instead of having to pull out a conversion chart and do extra math. The new psn store is not as user friendly as good old blue, but I still don't have any problems with it.

Subscriptions: I very much appreciate the value of ps+. I've paid $68 total for a year and a half of ps+, and I have already gotten over double my cost back in free games, and the value goes up every week. I had paid for Xbox live and got absolutely nothing other than the capability to play games online.

Graphics: While 99% of the games on ps3 only support 720p resolution, I have noticed that when comparing image quality and moving video quality between the ps3 and Xbox 360 the ps3 is more detailed and generally has smoother motion when the Xbox is forced to the same resolution. On Final Fantasy XIII I noticed that the graphics are superior on ps3 than on Xbox 360 when set to the same resolution. I also noticed that the ps3 has fewer frame drops than the Xbox 360. When darksiders first came out, my roommate had it on Xbox and his frame drops were so bad it showed him start to swing his sword and then instantly cut to the game over screen.

Audio: I noticed that when connected to a 5.1 surround sound system the Xbox out performs the ps3, when connected to a 7.1 system, the ps3 out performs the Xbox.

Motion control: I prefer the playstation move to kinect, since it is far more accurate and works well with shooters that support it.

Exclusive titles: I like the greater variety of exclusive titles on the ps3. The Xbox exclusives tend to be shooters with the exception of Fable. There are a lot of exclusive ps3 games that there were very good including genji, Motorstorm, infamous, uncharted, ratchet and clank, sly cooper, psasbr, and god of war.

This is entirely based on my own experience with both systems.
My PSN
Message 27 of 38 (196 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Leviathan_502 wrote:

but hey its your first admendment right to say what you want publicly.  

It boggles my mind how many of you Americans are completely clueless about your own amendments and how they work.

Free speech is only applicable when it comes to the Government, and the law.  It does not apply to privately owned venues and locations.

This forum is privately owned, as such Sony can dictate what can and can not be talked about here.  You choose to agree to those limitations when you accepted the TOS agreement.

Freedom of speech does not apply here.  Learn about your own laws and history for God's sake.  I'm sick of the average American knowing less about their own laws and rights then the average non American.

Be One With The Game.

Message 28 of 38 (172 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4072 posts

Mar 18, 2013

I kudo'd you just cause it DOES make sense to have a separate PS Vita forum. Vita's are part of the Playstation family, but it's so nice to have a sub-forum that isn't just "problems" [support] I miss it. (I have PS3's BTW)

Message 29 of 38 (165 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2013
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Src: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bill_of_rights_transcript.html

This is the original text of the first amendment of the bill of rights of the United States. It has since been interpreted by the United States Supreme Court that a person's right to free speech is included in public places as long as it does not cause a civil disturbance (shouting fire in a crowded movie theater, or causing a riot in public streets). If a person is exercising their right to free speech in a closed setting, they are not responsible for what people do outside of that setting (feiner vs New York (happened in my home area), 1951; Reno vs ACLU, 1997

EDIT: Reno vs ACLU directly applies to the internet
My PSN
Message 30 of 38 (163 Views)
0 Likes