PlayStation MVP
4374 posts

Re: I am concerned for the vita .

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

xClayMeow wrote:

I didn't read every response here, so I apologize if I repeat anything that's already been said.

First let me say that I didn't buy my Vita until Black Friday, when I got the AC3L bundle for $200 ($50 savings), which I think is a fairly reasonable price and if it wasn't discounted on Black Friday, I had planned on buying it anyway. The article mentions a $300 price tag, but most people opt for the WiFi model and not that 3G garbage. I don't think $250 for a system is unreasonable. Now the memory prices are definitely a negative, IMO, but in theory you really only need to buy one 16-32GB file because nobody really needs to have 20 games installed at once. If you're concerned about downloading games all over again, I'm pretty sure you can transfer them to your PC or PS3, though I haven't personally done that.

As for third party developers, I'm not sure if you saw this list someone else posted: https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/Wow-Big-Games-coming-to-Vita-in-2013/td-p/3...

Now there are definitely quite a few "ports" on the list, but there are also quite a few brand new titles, including some Vita exclusives. I'm personally looking forward to Soul Sacrifice the most, a Vita exclusive third-party title.

Though I understand your concern, the Vita's unknown future shouldn't really matter. When there are enough current games and upcoming games that warrant a system purchase, then why does anything else matter? You already mentioned three games in your OP, and I'm sure there are plenty more. Does the Vita really need 50 killer games for it to be a worthwhile purchase for you? That's a little ridiculous.

Bravo my friend, I have plenty games for my Vita as well, a fantastic investment and i can't wait for next years games and possibly E3 but your post sadly should be gutted by the OP heartsovereasy shortly. To him, the Vita needs 50 new killer titles, ports are deemed aweful (glad I don't care as I really love Oddworld Stranger's Wrath - a Port of the PS3, which was  a Port of the Xbox), otherwise it's failing in his eyes and others. Just enjoy your Vita, heck friend me if you like, but avoid threads like these -  it's a conversation that will cause you to be blue in the Face like the good old first year of the PS3...trust me :smileyhappy:!

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 70 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1912 posts

Dec 30, 2012

da1writer wrote:

Bravo my friend, I have plenty games for my Vita as well, a fantastic investment and i can't wait for next years games and possibly E3 but your post sadly should be gutted by the OP heartsovereasy shortly. To him, the Vita needs 50 new killer titles, ports are deemed aweful (glad I don't care as I really love Oddworld Stranger's Wrath - a Port of the PS3, which was  a Port of the Xbox), otherwise it's failing in his eyes and others. Just enjoy your Vita, heck friend me if you like, but avoid threads like these -  it's a conversation that will cause you to be blue in the Face like the good old first year of the PS3...trust me :smileyhappy:!

haha, thanks! I'll friend you when I go on my Vita later :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 70 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2416 posts

Dec 30, 2012
I don't mean offense to anyone, but you guys are dismissing the OP for all the wrong reasons. And if you want to ignore his concerns because he's on the fence about getting a PSV, what's your excuse to ignore mine that I own a PSV since day one, two memcards (8 and 32 GB each) and 20 PSV titles (17 retail, 3 digital)~?
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 70 (190 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4374 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:
I don't mean offense to anyone, but you guys are dismissing the OP for all the wrong reasons. And if you want to ignore his concerns because he's on the fence about getting a PSV, what's your excuse to ignore mine that I own a PSV since day one, two memcards (8 and 32 GB each) and 20 PSV titles (17 retail, 3 digital)~?

'Cause we like you JuanMdP :smileytongue:!

While you do critique the Vita often, you do have more good posts than anything else and your posts make logical sense as I too don't disagree that the Vita has it's share of problems. My concern is for the OP, he acts like he has a crystal ball and sees that no third party announcements [yet] of games he's interested in deems the Vita as a failure and he won't purchase it. Until he does buy it, only then he should raise flags and his opinions will have much more weight but he honestly doesn't know what he is missing :smileywink:!

My only thing I can give to the OP to show that I'm not out to get him entirely - Don't be like some of the third party game developers, if you never take a stab at the Vita sooner rather than later, how do you know it's going to do good for ya now or in the future. Just like life (Vita means life), you have to just take a chance and hope for the best...

Oh crap - here he comes *braces for stoning from OP*

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 70 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Dec 30, 2012

The problem is that 3rd party developers are not going to take a chance on a system that is selling horribly. The cost of developing games is so much now that you need big time sales numbers to just break even. 

If there were some good third party games in development we would have heard about them. You hear about games a year or two before they come out now. One thing that annoys me is seeing companies making games for both the Vita and PSP. One example is God Eater. That game had really good sales and I think it would really help the Vita move some units but they are putting it on the PSP as well. The PSP is still outselling the Vita 3 to 1 in Japan so the PSP version will the hurt the Vita sales. If only they would have just made it for the Vita.

The Vita needs a system selling IP and as of right now that doesn't exist. Hopefully God Eater will inspire Japanese gamers to buy it. Like I said, I love my Vita but I am really concerned about it's future. 

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 70 (156 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

Perhaps you should change your username to da ad hominem because that is what you have been doing this entire thread .  Ownership of a vita doesn't mean that I can't be critical of the vita . The situation with sales and third parties game would be the same either way .  Now it is a fact that if a third parties games don't sell well  then they don't develop games for your system .  My point was that Sony needs to be catering to third parties to secure games for the vita .

The vita needs its own identity and ports don't help create that . why buy  the vita for this ports when I can play it on my ps3 ?

da1writer wrote:

JuanMdP wrote:

'Cause we like you JuanMdP :smileytongue:!

While you do critique the Vita often, you do have more good posts than anything else and your posts make logical sense as I too don't disagree that the Vita has it's share of problems. My concern is for the OP, he acts like he has a crystal ball and sees that no third party announcements [yet] of games he's interested in deems the Vita as a failure and he won't purchase it. Until he does buy it, only then he should raise flags and his opinions will have much more weight but he honestly doesn't know what he is missing :smileywink:!

My only thing I can give to the OP to show that I'm not out to get him entirely - Don't be like some of the third party game developers, if you never take a stab at the Vita sooner rather than later, how do you know it's going to do good for ya now or in the future. Just like life (Vita means life), you have to just take a chance and hope for the best...

Oh crap - here he comes *braces for stoning from OP*

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 70 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Dec 30, 2012

then sell your ps3 and vita, if you even own them, and call it a day. go play nintendo or xbox. just spreading negative bs. i think you guys here who troll are just here to talk and gossip and arent really gamers at all.  true gamers who own the vita know its a powerful beautiful system and we love it. if you hate it, move on.   that simple.

One day at a time babe....
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 70 (139 Views)
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Dec 30, 2012

The link in op is to yahoo. No one is going to take that serious; are they?

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 70 (129 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Why do people always ignore the 3DS at the beginning? Do people forget that even with a lower price point than the PS Vita, the 3DS did not sell well and people who did buy the 3DS were raging. There were no games just like the PS Vita and Nintendo was taking a hit. Nintendo had to not only lower the price, but they had to introduce the Ambassador program to keep people happy.

I owned the 3DS since launch and besides Zelda OOT, which was a remake mind you, there was really no other big name game for the system. After a bit of time Mario games finally started to come out and the system started selling better. More third party games started to get developed and the 3DS is now in pretty good standing.

The same thing happened with the PS Vita and happens with any new system. It's rare to see a system come out with a library full of games because developers don't want to commit money to a system when they know the return wont be as promising with not many users. Just like the 3DS the PS Vita is slowly getting its game library and it's almost to the point where its game library is in good standing. I now hardly touch my 3DS because of all the games that are now starting to come out for the PS Vita.

Did it take a while to get to this point? Sure, but that's like all systems. Anyone who worries about a system is ignoring the natural progression of a new system. 3DS users were lucky that they got an Ambassador program because those who buy in early should know that going in the game library will take time to build.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 70 (112 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4374 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

alamarco2 wrote:

Why do people always ignore the 3DS at the beginning? Do people forget that even with a lower price point than the PS Vita, the 3DS did not sell well and people who did buy the 3DS were raging. There were no games just like the PS Vita and Nintendo was taking a hit. Nintendo had to not only lower the price, but they had to introduce the Ambassador program to keep people happy.

I owned the 3DS since launch and besides Zelda OOT, which was a remake mind you, there was really no other big name game for the system. After a bit of time Mario games finally started to come out and the system started selling better. More third party games started to get developed and the 3DS is now in pretty good standing.

The same thing happened with the PS Vita and happens with any new system. It's rare to see a system come out with a library full of games because developers don't want to commit money to a system when they know the return wont be as promising with not many users. Just like the 3DS the PS Vita is slowly getting its game library and it's almost to the point where its game library is in good standing. I now hardly touch my 3DS because of all the games that are now starting to come out for the PS Vita.

Did it take a while to get to this point? Sure, but that's like all systems. Anyone who worries about a system is ignoring the natural progression of a new system. 3DS users were lucky that they got an Ambassador program because those who buy in early should know that going in the game library will take time to build.

I agree, I had the 3DS when it first came out, gues what was happening to that system in the first year. Sales were abysmal, hardly anyone was buying it, not many games pertaining to peoples tastes were hardly coming out for it (it's still ike that for me, I only played the OOT Remake). Dropping it's price is what saved it, When the Vita was at $185 on Amazon and $199 eerywhere else on Black Friday, 160,000 units were sold - so once the Vita drops it's price indefinately like the PS3 and 3DS did, sales will pick up quickly. I evetually sold my 3DS due to it having no titles I was interested in, I moved on and didn't bother going on the nintendo forums to post my thoughts before, during, or after my 3DS ownership. Saw no point posting my concerns that there was only three games that interested me on the 3DS (Resident Evil Revelations, Super Mario 3D land, Zeld OOT 3D) and how I wished more games were coming out for us older gamers (aka 3rd party software). I bought a Vita as it did cater to my tastes and so I moved on from my 3DS, you won't find my name whatsoever in the nintendo forums, despite me owning it long enough to voice my opinion over it.

This is your situation, If you don't want the Vita, If you have concerns about the Vita, DON'T BUY IT and MOVE ON. In the first year of the PS3 and 3DS, alot of people didn't bother buying either as they "had no games they were interested in, 3rd party titles were scarce",, they simply waited a year or two and things were loads better. The Vita library is huge now btw, ports or not there is a ton of games for anyone to enjoy. Don't knock it until you try it is another saying :smileywink:! All systems start out slow and thing get better, being an early adopter has it's pros and cons. Look at the wiiu, has hardly any games and the sales were strong at first but now... you can find the things everywhere unlike the first year of the wii, I personally know things will get better with that system with time and same is for the Vita. If you don't want the Vita right now, don't get it, come back to the forums after buying it and using it for a while to give your opinion on it.

Until then I don't think I'll change my view on you just trolling this forum right now and a good job at that too btw (I'm going into silence mode after New Years to only update my PSOne Classics Thread due to ya, congrats). No posts in any other thread but just this one... hmmmm...

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 70 (104 Views)