Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: I am concerned for the vita .

Dec 30, 2012

why bother post these kind of threads. its not like people here is going to agree with you that vita is in trouble. i love my vita and all but sony isnt doing the system any favor. also they dropped the 32GB from 99 dollars to 60 lol  still expensive as hell oh well 

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 70 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Funny thing is that almost all the time these threads come from new posters and 15 year old playstation faithful lmao, why are you concerned for a system that you dont own yet? Get concerned once you make the investment, thats when you should be concerned, anyways tell me something 15 year old faithful which sony system has had the best launch line up from them all? Which system has had the best support in its first year? I will give you a hint, it wasn't the mighty ps2, and the system has third party support, not as strong as it should be but it will eventually get it or have you forgotten ps3 story already 15 year old faithful? You want me to tell you ps3 story too?

Maybe that is because I got my first console, a PlayStation with jet moto 2 and crash bandicoot 3 on Christmas 1998 . 2013 will make it 15 year but I did play tekken 2 a lot at my friends’ house in 1997. I would say that make me a 15 year fan.  A savvy consumer does his homework before he buys something to prevent buyer remorse. Just because I haven’t bought on doesn’t mean that I should not be concerned. As a fan I would like the vita to succeed. You want me to compare a handheld year one to console year one? Apples and oranges  in the current market consoles are king in the west and handheld are king in japan . Lets compare the third party support to the psps first year to the vita . Back then during year one  Sony had the third party  promise of  grand theft auto ,metalgear acid Lumines, burnout , Midnight Club, and Crisis Core - Before Final Fantasy VII. While this all didn’t come out in 2006 they were promising . the vita doesn’t even have hedio kojima on board .

You think Sony needs to make a push next year? What does that mean exactly? Do you realize that by not buying a PS Vita simply because of some obscure Yahoo opinion piece you are a part of the problem not the solution? The more people that buy a PS Vita the more support it will recieve. It's as simple as that. Until you buy a PS Vita you have no room to complain about it not getting enough support because you're doing nothing to help.

It means that Sony puts it weight in the vita and doesn’t leave it out of e3 for one. It means that sony comes up with some better ads . It mean that sony works out deal with third party like that Capcom 5 that I previously  spoke of . It means price drop on the vita, its memory cards, and everything in between to improve that install bases size which will help with the third party issues  .

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 70 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Dec 30, 2012

You should be concerned. In the last two weeks the 3DS has sold over 700,000 units in Japan while the Vita has sold under 40,000. The Vita is in trouble and if you can't see that then you are either a blind loyal fanboy or just flat out stupid. Third party developers don't make games for systems that don't sell. Where is SquareEnix? Where is Capcom? Sega? I will tell you where they are, they are making games for the 3DS. The PSP struggled big time until Monster Hunter saved it. The Vita doesn't have Monster Hunter. NIntendo does. I love my Vita but I am concerned as well and if you aren't then you are just ignoring the giant elephant in the room.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 70 (181 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Dec 30, 2012

As a long time gamer I am not worried about the Vita.  I own the Vita. I own the 3DS. I own a PS 3. I owned the 360 and still have a Wii.

I know the Vita has a few flaws. The primary flaw though seems to be the gaming community and pundits. There are a lot of people who complain about the price of the Vita and the price of the memory. To an extent, I agree and I do understand the points they make. At the same time I am comfortable with the price of the Vita (but not so much with the memory cards.) I spend 9 months putting money down on my Vita before it was released so that I could get it on day 1. It is the first system I have ever bought on day 1.

When I bought it I knew there was little on the software front on the horizon for me. I only a few Vita specific titles. I bought some PSP games that I hadn't had a chance to play. The near future of the Vita still doesn't look promising. People dissed the PSP and it still managed to sell over 70 million units. Sure it ended up being one of the most hacked systems out there but it was still a solid piece of gaming hardware in my opinion. The Vita is also a solid piece of hardware as well.

I hope that the community at large gives the Vita a chance. I hope developers will also give the Vita a fair shake. I know the price is high for many people. I understand that. I know that right now Sony is the whipping dog for many people and many tech pundits. But as long as I enjoy it, it doesn't matter much to me if others disagree. I say give it a chance.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 70 (179 Views)
Fender Bender
3929 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Finally! A reasonable post.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 70 (166 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6965 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

heartsovereasy wrote:

Funny thing is that almost all the time these threads come from new posters and 15 year old playstation faithful lmao, why are you concerned for a system that you dont own yet? Get concerned once you make the investment, thats when you should be concerned, anyways tell me something 15 year old faithful which sony system has had the best launch line up from them all? Which system has had the best support in its first year? I will give you a hint, it wasn't the mighty ps2, and the system has third party support, not as strong as it should be but it will eventually get it or have you forgotten ps3 story already 15 year old faithful? You want me to tell you ps3 story too?

Maybe that is because I got my first console, a PlayStation with jet moto 2 and crash bandicoot 3 on Christmas 1998 . 2013 will make it 15 year but I did play tekken 2 a lot at my friends’ house in 1997. I would say that make me a 15 year fan.  A savvy consumer does his homework before he buys something to prevent buyer remorse. Just because I haven’t bought on doesn’t mean that I should not be concerned. As a fan I would like the vita to succeed. You want me to compare a handheld year one to console year one? Apples and oranges  in the current market consoles are king in the west and handheld are king in japan . Lets compare the third party support to the psps first year to the vita . Back then during year one  Sony had the third party  promise of  grand theft auto ,metalgear acid Lumines, burnout , Midnight Club, and Crisis Core - Before Final Fantasy VII. While this all didn’t come out in 2006 they were promising . the vita doesn’t even have hedio kojima on board .

You think Sony needs to make a push next year? What does that mean exactly? Do you realize that by not buying a PS Vita simply because of some obscure Yahoo opinion piece you are a part of the problem not the solution? The more people that buy a PS Vita the more support it will recieve. It's as simple as that. Until you buy a PS Vita you have no room to complain about it not getting enough support because you're doing nothing to help.

It means that Sony puts it weight in the vita and doesn’t leave it out of e3 for one. It means that sony comes up with some better ads . It mean that sony works out deal with third party like that Capcom 5 that I previously  spoke of . It means price drop on the vita, its memory cards, and everything in between to improve that install bases size which will help with the third party issues  .

well its true that the system doesnt have Hideo on board it has other developers and third party games like Rayman, Assassins Creed, Need for Speed, Mortal Kombat, BlazBlue, Call of Duty, Disgaea, Dynasty Warriors, Fifa, Lego games, Madden, Metal Gear collection, Ninja Gaiden, Oddworld,Persona, Ragnarok, Ridge Racerrrrrrrrrrr (remember that one? ), Silent Hill, Street Fighter, Super Monkey, Marvel vs Capcom and more, not bad for less than a year dont you think? and you can add playstion mobile, ps one games to that list as well so i dont think the situation is as bad on the software side of things as people are making it out to be, i think the system will start selling more once sony make an official price drop announcement and they lower the prices on the memory card as well, listen dont get me wrong but i think you could do more good if you buy the system instead of being concerned about third party support, that will come for sure as i said before if you want we can have this conversation holidays 2014. 

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 70 (163 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Dec 30, 2012

It doesn't bother me a whit if the Vita fails since I don't have a financial stake at Sony. As long as it has a few games that interest me (and  it has a long list of these for me)

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 70 (160 Views)
Splicer
43 posts

Dec 30, 2012

I do not know why people exagerate everything......When the PS3 came out everybody was saying that the PS3 was gonna fail and reports are that PS3 has been out for almost 7 years already and still going on good.....Vita has not been a full year in the US and the price is almost 300.....the 3ds I can get it for 120 an it has been out for 2 full years.....give vita time sales will go up plus a price cut is coming.....and a lot of surprise games are coming everyone will be surprised!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 70 (149 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Dec 30, 2012

SnWnMe wrote:

It doesn't bother me a whit if the Vita fails since I don't have a financial stake at Sony. As long as it has a few games that interest me (and  it has a long list of these for me)

Neither do I however  I like the vita tech and I would like to see it reach its full potential . If the vita fails then it wont do that  . transfarring,crossbuy backtouch pad,and dual analog sticks are good ideas that should catch on . My "stake" is derived from that fact that I am a Sony fan and a gamer . I want the industry to move in what I think is that right direction .  "gamers should care about games" but  we all know that dead consoles dont get as many games.  

Not to move goal post but most of the games that you listed are ports . Now ports are support but they are not very good support .  Even when the 3ds  was selling bad it got third party support  in the form of new games . I haven't heard third parties say anything good abou their  vita game sales figures .  Sony should be handing out dev kits and exclusivity deals like they are going out of style . Sony need to entice third parties and heck even there first parties like naughty dog and Polyphony Digital to develop for vita .

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 70 (144 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Dec 30, 2012

I didn't read every response here, so I apologize if I repeat anything that's already been said.

First let me say that I didn't buy my Vita until Black Friday, when I got the AC3L bundle for $200 ($50 savings), which I think is a fairly reasonable price and if it wasn't discounted on Black Friday, I had planned on buying it anyway. The article mentions a $300 price tag, but most people opt for the WiFi model and not that 3G garbage. I don't think $250 for a system is unreasonable. Now the memory prices are definitely a negative, IMO, but in theory you really only need to buy one 16-32GB file because nobody really needs to have 20 games installed at once. If you're concerned about downloading games all over again, I'm pretty sure you can transfer them to your PC or PS3, though I haven't personally done that.

As for third party developers, I'm not sure if you saw this list someone else posted: https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/Wow-Big-Games-coming-to-Vita-in-2013/td-p/3...

Now there are definitely quite a few "ports" on the list, but there are also quite a few brand new titles, including some Vita exclusives. I'm personally looking forward to Soul Sacrifice the most, a Vita exclusive third-party title.

Though I understand your concern, the Vita's unknown future shouldn't really matter. When there are enough current games and upcoming games that warrant a system purchase, then why does anything else matter? You already mentioned three games in your OP, and I'm sure there are plenty more. Does the Vita really need 50 killer games for it to be a worthwhile purchase for you? That's a little ridiculous.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 70 (128 Views)