Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
366 posts

ttopRe: I am concerned for the vita .

Dec 29, 2012

oh god. stop feeding into negative drama gossip and go get a vita. the system is amazing, remember how people doomed the psp? now look at it, its still in production and a japanese hit! it took awhile but you guys are so concerned about what will fail vs. actually enjoying gaming. 

its ridiculous. people are too negative and always want a company to fail. try spreading positive news and think for yourself. the vita is a beautiful system and its still in its infancy. go play it and experience it for YOU

your only denying yourself entertainment by feeding the negative gamers and wannabe journalists

Equality for all
Message 11 of 70 (241 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6993 posts

Re: I am concerned for the vita .

Dec 29, 2012

RogueStatus94 wrote:
Killzone Mercenary, Soul Sacrifice, and Tearaway?

Ratchet and Clank, Guacamelee, Warrior's Lair, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time? 

Message 12 of 70 (232 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6993 posts

Re: ttopRe: I am concerned for the vita .

Dec 29, 2012

AriesSiren wrote:

oh god. stop feeding into negative drama gossip and go get a vita. the system is amazing, remember how people doomed the psp? now look at it, its still in production and a japanese hit! it took awhile but you guys are so concerned about what will fail vs. actually enjoying gaming. 

its ridiculous. people are too negative and always want a company to fail. try spreading positive news and think for yourself. the vita is a beautiful system and its still in its infancy. go play it and experience it for YOU

your only denying yourself entertainment by feeding the negative gamers and wannabe journalists

you took the words out of my mouth, i was about to say the same thing, just go get a vita, little big planet, Sound shapes, Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed, Ragnarok Odyssey, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale and Playstation Plus, you will be entertained for a while, there is nothing to worry about the system is getting the game and the sales are getting decent now so its only gonna get better from now on, third party big name franchises just came out on the system ( Assassins Creed, Need for Speed, Call of Dooty ) and im pretty sure more will follow soon, go get the system and experience gaming on the go at its finest with LBP vita. 

Message 13 of 70 (231 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Dec 29, 2012

I got my vita and the first games Ipifked up were ACIII, Gravity Rush, LBPV, Sound Shapes and Legend of Mana(ps1 title). And to be completely honest even if the vita flopped and they all magically vanished next week(obviously wont happen) I wouldbe satisfied with my purchase because holy **bleep** gravity rush is one of the best games I have play'd in along time.

Message 14 of 70 (221 Views)
Survivor
2491 posts

Dec 29, 2012

LazyShady wrote:

I'm guessing people just lost faith in Sony even after they released games like Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, God of War, on a console that is "hard to develop on." 

This is the first year, game journalist are hungry to feed news to people and anything like "barely any third-party support" can hurt the reputation of a product. The hard to develop phrase was smack to the Ps3 and now look where it is. 

Btw have you even seen the 2013 line up of games for the Vita?

People didn't lose hope, they are just concerned. Nice franchises you mentioned there, too bad only two of those are on the PSV (well, one is on the way), the other is nowhere to be seen and Resistance was handed to a sub par company that butchered the mythos of the series~.

By the way, this is the second year of the PSV, the PSV is one year old as of two weeks ago. And as for the "barely any third party" support claim, it's not really that far off the mark. Where are the Capcom, Square-Enix, Konami, Level 5, Sting, Rockstar, Atlus and Namco (amonghst others) titles? Because the lineup for next year has nothing from them with the exception of Gods Eater Burst 2 (Namco) and Phantasy Star Online 2 (Sega, which isn't even an exclusive)~.

Sure, we got P4: The Golden, but that's still a remake of a PS2 game and so are the two Tales of games in Japan. So, making sensationalist sites aside, it is true that indeed there's little third party support for the PSV~.

One more thing that irritates me about people is the continuous obliviousness to reality; burrowing your head in the sand and thinking that everything's going to be fine because the PS3 had a rough first year. You think that excuse flies? If anything, it should raise a lot of alarms that Sony repeated all the same mistakes that they did with the PS3, it means the company doesn't learn from their screw ups. It's like if you are a parent, you have your first kid who has issues socializing and goes through school being an outcast but then in University it turns out he's a pro and his grades are top notch. Then, you have a second kid and he turns out to be socially incompetent and you just dismiss it saying: "It's fine, our first kid had issues too but he aced University". Uh, hello? That's the wrong approach, mistakes happen, but when you repeat those mistakes, that's a sure way to raise doubt amongst your consumer base~.

Message 15 of 70 (215 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: ttopRe: I am concerned for the vita .

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2012

yeah I have seen 2013 lineup and that is the reason why I concerned . most of the games that you guys are listing off are first party offerings and  Sony cant pull the vita alone. from a thrid partty perspective next year look weaker than this years  . My concerns do come from some negative sources but  when we have  Shuhei Yoshida stating that having a "more difficult time than [they] had anticipated in terms of getting support from third-party publishers "then it should be a red flag to any potential vita owner. 

Message 16 of 70 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6993 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

Funny thing is that almost all the time these threads come from new posters and 15 year playstation faithful lmao, why are you concerned for a system that you dont own yet? Get concerned once you make the investment, thats when you should be concerned, anyways tell me something 15 year faithful which sony system has had the best launch line up from them all? Which system has had the best support in its first year? I will give you a hint, it wasn't the mighty ps2, the system has third party support, not as strong as it should be but it will eventually get it or have you forgotten ps3 story already 15 year old faithful? You want me to tell you ps3 story too?

Message 17 of 70 (168 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2957 posts

Dec 29, 2012

heartsovereasy wrote:

I think that the vita is a great piece of tech but it really need a strong push next year . I feel that sony really need to do something to put these fears to rest .  

You think Sony needs to make a push next year? What does that mean exactly? Do you realize that by not buying a PS Vita simply because of some obscure Yahoo opinion piece you are a part of the problem not the solution? The more people that buy a PS Vita the more support it will recieve. It's as simple as that. Until you buy a PS Vita you have no room to complain about it not getting enough support because you're doing nothing to help.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 18 of 70 (161 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6993 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

As a 15 year faithful playstation fan myself i have learnt how sony systems start each generation and let me tell you they never start strong, NEVER (well you could argue that playstation had a strong start in terms of launch games but i still think vita had a better launch line up) but they start building momentum, better games get release over the years and so on, remember when gran turismo was release on the playstation? Or Ico? Final fantasy? How about God of war on the ps2? Grand theft auto? Metal gear solid 4 on the ps3? Uncharted2? God of War3? Well little big planet is as important to the vita as those titles were to their respective systems, of course there are other important titles but i strongly believe lbp is changing vita's faith, anyways if you want we can have this very same conversation in 2014 when psvita cost $179-$199, memory cards get really cheap and the system have a strong library, what do you say 15 year faithful?

Message 19 of 70 (158 Views)
Fender Bender
3940 posts

Dec 29, 2012
When you say, "15 year old faithful playstation fan", are saying you are a faithful Sony customer who is 15 or a faithful customer for 15 years?
Message 20 of 70 (150 Views)
0 Likes