Dec 29 2012
By: heartsovereasy Monster Hunter 35 posts

I am concerned for the vita .

69 replies 710 views Edited Dec 29, 2012

So I have been a playstaion faithful for like 15 years now and I am really concern about the vita  current state . I was  recently considering getting a vita but this list made me reconsider http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-worst-product-flops-of-2012-160851675.html .  There are a number of games that I want for the vita like persona 4 the golden, gravity rush and sound shapes but I am concern that third parties developers  are going to go all gamecube on the vita and drop their support  . I think that the vita is a great piece of tech but it really need a strong push next year . I feel that sony really need to do something to put these fears to rest .  

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 70 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Re: I am concerned for the vita .

Dec 29, 2012

I only read about Psv part. First of all,

Recently, Sony has clumped sales of the Vita and its predecessor, the PSP, together to avoid highlighting embarrassing sales figures

When ?

Frequent complaints about the Vita were that the $300 price tag was too expensive and that its game lineup was both weak and small

Again, when ? How long has this writter not updated infomation ?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 70 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2012

Ya know...uh...if everyone who thought the same as you bought a Vita sales would go up and these statistics would be different.

Not hating as much as its going to seem, just saying the install base won't exist if faithfuls like yourself wait until one crops up. There's been a ton of discussion on this though so I won't go farther than I'm surprised the US has the biggest install base but it makes since when the PSP is still a beast overseas. Though I'm sure most of the anticipated releases are manga/anime/visual novel/light novel related however thats Japans thing so.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 70 (700 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10812 posts

Dec 29, 2012
And not buying one because you're "afraid" is going to help this situation how?
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 70 (688 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4381 posts

Dec 29, 2012

heartsovereasy wrote:

So I have been a playstaion faithful for like 15 years now and I am really concern about the vita  current state . I was  recently considering getting a vita but this list made me reconsider http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-worst-product-flops-of-2012-160851675.html .  There are a number of games that I want for the vita like persona 4 the golden, gravity rush and sound shapes but I am concern that third parties developers  are going to go all gamecube on the vita and drop their support  . I think that the vita is a great piece of tech but it really need a strong push next year . I feel that sony really need to do something to put these fears to rest .  

These type of thread pop up so much, I think people are just trolling now like the first year of the PS3 on this forum (which had me leave this great community for years). Reality is one thing I and many others notice but to continously pop up NEW crappy threads of the Vita [failing], it's getting annoying. Seeing as I'm only the few that love my Vita, especially Playstation Plus which adds tons of value to the Vita AND PS3, I and many others are enjoying "Free" games I probably would have never bought but now wonder why I didn't and gain discounts on games that were in the same category. I love these threads of Doom and Gloom though in the FIRST YEAR OF THE DEVICES LIFE, the PS3 had the same thing and while this sounds redundant, it's doing just fine and actually near the 360's sales despite coming a year after it. Loved my PSP and love my Vita, bring on the hate, people's loss. Just sick of seeing BRAND NEW Threads of the same crap I saw the daybefore crying about "there's no games", "Vita is Failing", "I'm worried about my Vita purchase" - Wake the hell up! The Vita has tons of Games now, especially on PSN like Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (which I'm playing right now and it looks just as good as the PS3 one), plus more are coming down the pipe. People just need to get off the rag and stop being so picky with thier games. Try new things - I'm going to from now on. Gravity Rush is a game I was interested but not to the point of paying it at full price but PS+ gave it to me for "free" and now I wish had supported the dev, the game is fantastic! Sadly - people think there is no great games on the Vita and it's entirely thier problem as there is tons of games but are being too picky with the ones they play...

PS+ gets flak from some of the users here but it's the best thing Sony has ever done to compete and blow away the 360's worthless Gold account  I and many 360 users pay for sadly (seriously, small discounts and the ability to play online and use already free apps is worth $60???). PS+ gets you tons of "free" games, discounts, and online/cloud features - thus giving you tons of content at a yearly affordable price ($50 a year).

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 70 (681 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Dec 29, 2012

@john  

For one it saves my wallet :smileytongue:.  At the end of a day I am A consumer and I would like a return on investment.    Sony marketing   department is supposed to convince me that this is worth the money and they haven't done that .  Sony needs to convince us  fence sitters that the  vita will have third party  support for years to come  . Securing third party exclusives agreements like the capcom 5 would do wonders to help  fix this (just make sure that it doesn't fall thru like that capcom 5 ) .

@da1writer

Just because I said something bad about the vita doesn't mean that I nor anybody else who shares my opinion is a troll . I say the things not to hate but because I am  concerned for the vita especially the its third party  support predicament  . Maybe these thread pop up a lot because there are a lot of people with the same concerns( some legitimate some not ) .  Now  what does your wall of text about psn plus and Xbox live have to do with that ? I never said that the vita doesn't have good games but rather I worried about the future of the vitas third party games .No matter how good a game is I will  get  tried of it and look for something new .  So you can just quit the "picky " strawman agreement because you have me pegged wrong .

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 70 (641 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2416 posts

Dec 29, 2012
A common misconception and recurrent annoyance in this forum is that if you point something negative then you are clearly a hater. Loving something doesn't mean you call it out on its flaws and / or shortcomings, I wish more people would get that~.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 70 (631 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4381 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

@heartsovereasy The way I reply and act on the forum towards threads like these is because of what I mentioned before...
I've seen these before, way before the Vita.
The first year of the PS3 was a very dark time...
People mocked you for buying an expensive device that "had no games", "very little fanbase", "Destined to FAIL"
You can check my posts in 2007, I mentioned more games would come and the fanbase would grow near the 360, alot of people on this forum thought I was mad - I left this forum, just didn't want to fight it anymore, just wanted to enjoy gaming on the device I loved.

So I apologize if my posts come off of "defensive" when it comes to the Vita, it's only because I've seen these posts before, maybe I should back off before I leave again - I don't know. I only mentioned PS+ as it is a service that adds great value to the Vita, paving the way for future possibilities. If PS+ doesn't interest you - fine. If the games available for the Vita doesn't interest you - fine. I think I'll just pass on these threads/posts from now on to avoid frustration. Sony's past history has shown me, that if you understand that before you can run, you must crawl first... Patience is a virtue. I may not have much time on my hands to play as much games as some of you but with time things will get much better as has all of Sony gaming devices have shown time and time again. G'night and farewell-

P.S. I also don't care too much of what the OP says in this thread as he DOESN'T OWN A VITA. Here's how game devices work.

More people buy the device, equals an interest from devs, which leads to more games. Less people buy it and are trolling like heartsovereasy doesn't help the situation. Simple as that, I know the Vita has some issue but I still love it, I still can't belive people are humoring this troll...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 70 (609 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
999 posts

Dec 29, 2012

I'm guessing people just lost faith in Sony even after they released games like Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, God of War, on a console that is "hard to develop on." 

This is the first year, game journalist are hungry to feed news to people and anything like "barely any third-party support" can hurt the reputation of a product. The hard to develop phrase was smack to the Ps3 and now look where it is. 

Btw have you even seen the 2013 line up of games for the Vita?

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 70 (581 Views)
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Dec 29, 2012
Killzone Mercenary, Soul Sacrifice, and Tearaway?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 70 (566 Views)