May 29 2012
By: heyugetoverhere First Son 26 posts

I Thought Boys Didn't Like Me

[ Edited ]
18 replies 181 views Edited Jan 6, 2013

Hello my name is Amy and I used to think boys didn't like me. But I don't think that anymore. I used to think that because sometimes when I try to talk to boys they ignore me. That hurts. Anyone reading this, if someone tries to talk to you please don't be rude. Show them respect just like you want to be respected. Just wanted to say that. Ok, one day after class a tall cute boy named Kenny looked at me and said hi. I was so shocked and taken off guard. I quickly looked back at him said hi and walked away as fast as I could. I was sure he thought I was weird. I felt so stupid after that.

A few days later he walked into my job on campus and made an appointment to see my boss. I didn't feel nervous then. An hour later the phone rings. Its him again. This time he asked to make an appointment with me. That's when figured out that he liked me. We scheduled a lunch date. That night I went to PS Home to talk to as many boys as I could. I needed to get better talking to boys so I practiced on them. One boy invited me to his PS Home house. He showed me his arcade games, his outfits and we hung out in his pool. It was a fun virtual date. But I was still anxious for my real date. I didn't know what to wear so I dressed my PS Home characters with clothes that looked like mine to figure out what to wear. bnbnb

The day of the date Kenny showed up late but I didn't want to say anything. We went to a Subway restaurant for lunch. When we got there the only thing I could think about was Norlan North. I must have purchased a million cups for those Uncharted 3 codes. I asked him if he knew what Uncharted was. He said no. So we talked about stuff he liked to talk about. He was so boring but I really wanted him to like me. I'm glad I learned how to talk to boys  in PS Home. It really help me keep the conversation going. Anyone reading this, if you want boys to like you talk about things they like. I learned that from Cosmo. I know it worked because he said the sweetest thing to me. He said I have a smile that lights up the room. That made me like him even more.

Unfortunately, he left campus so we don't see each other anymore. But there's good news. I joined a game club on campus and a lot of members love Uncharted. I gave them some of my extra a subway codes and made a bunch of new friends. Sometimes we hang out in PS Home. And something great happened. One of the boys in the club said hi to me.

Message 1 of 19 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: I Thought Boys Didn't Like Me

May 30, 2012

Ummm,Nice to know?!?

Awaiting GTA V !!!
Message 2 of 19 (181 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4238 posts

May 30, 2012

heyugetoverhere wrote:

if you want boys to like you talk about things they like. I learned that from Cosmo.

Bad advise. Depends on the guy. Some are shallow and want to just boast about themselves, while others may be more caring and prefer to listen to the person standing in front of them.

I'd suggest finding someone who is willing to go 50-50 in the discussions.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 3 of 19 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

heyugetoverhere wrote:

if you want boys to like you talk about things they like. I learned that from Cosmo.

Bad advise. Depends on the guy. Some are shallow and want to just boast about themselves, while others may be more caring and prefer to listen to the person standing in front of them.

I'd suggest finding someone who is willing to go 50-50 in the discussions.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

in response to your comment. how can it be bad advice if it worked for me.

Message 4 of 19 (181 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4238 posts

May 31, 2012

If it worked for you, cool.

No, I'm not emo. The quote is from "Apocalypse Now."

Message 5 of 19 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

May 31, 2012

i don't understand how the anecdote about kenny is good? he sounds self absorbed

"do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"

Get your Portable ID!
Message 6 of 19 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4290 posts

May 31, 2012

interesting topic? I am still baffle? Yet that is just me. When this section come up?

This is how I see this situation. Women and Men base relationships on physical attraction at first. A lot of romantics say otherwise. Yet human instincts dictate otherwise. Sometimes it happens that attraction happens after spending time with the individual.

I am assuming Cosmo is a womens magazine. I wouldn't try to base any logic out of those magazines. Every month they are contradicting what they said the previous months. It just a selling gimmick I see!

I would love to meet a woman who is interested in gaming as much as I am. Now I am a big time God of War fan so if a girl can talk Kratos to me than it is an instant win for me lol.

This is what this forum needs a dating section for gamers. Maybe you get the moderators to think about this?

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 7 of 19 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

You dont even read Cosmo but you talk about it like you do. 

Lots of gamer girls like God Of War. Have you tried geek2geek.com. How about we all ask Mochuu to talk to sony about a dating app for the vita

Message 8 of 19 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jun 1, 2012

MMAtt702 wrote:

i don't understand how the anecdote about kenny is good? he sounds self absorbed

ok maybe he was a little self absorbed

Message 9 of 19 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Jun 1, 2012

lol at least it had a happy ending

Get your Portable ID!
Message 10 of 19 (181 Views)