Apr 24 2014
By: BortLicensePlate Uncharted Territory 1396 posts

I Don't Understand the Hype for Destiny and DriveClub

[ Edited ]
13 replies 723 views Edited Apr 24, 2014

Destiny looks like a great game, but it looks like Halo + Borderlands + Strong MP component.

And why is there an interest in DriveClub when there is Gran Turismo? Is Gran Turismo too hard for most people because it's a simulator?

Please this is not a "troll thread." So don't chop my head off lol. I am asking a genuine question.

I will probably get both games in the future.

But real talk.  Why is there such a ruckus over these games? And yes I know Bungie is making Destiny and they are a great developer.

Mod Edit: Updated Labels. Check here for more information. Thanks! - lokis_grrl

Message 1 of 14 (723 Views)
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Re: I Don't Understand the Hype for Destiny and DriveClub

Apr 24, 2014

Destiny is an fpv, open world, shooter, mmorpg, adventure game. There weren't too many of those for the ps3. And it looks like it will may be the first for the ps4. Everyone is waiting to see the potential of the next gen consoles in this cluster of genre's put together. Plus it is made by the developers and publishers of 2 of the top selling fps games in the world!

As for drive club vs gran tourismo... You pretty much answered this question yourself. GT is a simulator. DriveClub is more of a hangout. The 21st centruy seems like the century of social prosperity, and lets face it the more social options a game has, the better it sounds.

Besides if you buy GT you probably fall ander one of the groups below.

• Have a decent knowledge of cars(enough to tweak features enhance performance to set new challenges or records)
  • Actually like to get a feel for driving the car(and probably has a $100+ steering wheel & pedal config)

I don't know much about cars but I do like driving them, so I will be fullfilling option 2. However as of yet I don't believe there is a good combo yet for the ps4. Haven't really checked either though.

Message 2 of 14 (707 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Apr 24, 2014

I don't know/care enough about cars/racing to see what's up with DriveClub. If the game is free to PS+ (as I recall hearing at one point) I might give it a shot, but otherwise I don't care. That said, I'm going to guess that it's going to be a bad-**bleep** game for it's genre and target audience.

As for Destiny, I think it should be hyped.

While if you just take each little piece you can break it down to seem like it's nothing special, but that's silly and can be done with ANY game ever. The total package of what Destiny is bringing to the table is really innovate and looks quite intresting. Even outside of the game play concepts it seems like it will have a very vivid backstory and diverse world(worlds?) that should appeal even to those not too fond of FPS shooters.

I can't wait for Destiny and I do hope it lives up to the hype. It's one of my must have games of the year, I'm just worried if I'll have the time to juggle playing Destiny and ESO at the same time if I end up digging both games.

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 3 of 14 (702 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Apr 24, 2014

Shoot, nice replies, I am singularly pleased.

Message 4 of 14 (680 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2014

It's bungie, you know destiny is going to have a terrific story with strong immersion, they are top notch in the industry, its not like the same cod game every year they make masterpieces. Play Halo 1 to 3 and you'll get it.

Message 5 of 14 (643 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Apr 24, 2014

You have different taste in games. We all do.

That said, I think you should have an open mind.

People still crave online MP games, more than ever IMO so Destiny is surely going to be one of the biggest games to launch this year. It could even eclipse the success GTA5 has enjoyed. And likekty overshadow other game releases for the holiday season. Its Bungie... A studio that eats coal and defacates diamonds. 

DriveClub... Is a game where its going to focus on direct competition. A very social game for those who like racing games. Its definitely not going to touch GT in simulation accuracy of vehicle dynamics, but its not going be like playing slot cars. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 14 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3198 posts

Apr 24, 2014

I'm in the same boat with Destiny, I don't see the reason's for the Hype. Nothing about it seems all that intersting to me.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 7 of 14 (620 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Apr 24, 2014

Wow really ill say this 

cause u have no hype for a game every game got hype  look every year call of duty come out  and so many people buy it and so hype for it why ? same goes for final fantasy  or watch dog  dibalo 3  even sports game people get hype for  some games isnt big hype as other games 

who really care if a game got hype or not buy what u want enjoy what u play  

each person got there own taste in games and there hype is diffrent then  urs 

Message 8 of 14 (613 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Apr 24, 2014

I don't understand the hype for any racing game.  Yuck.

Message 9 of 14 (585 Views)
Naughty Paw
20194 posts

Apr 24, 2014

DriveClub is hyped because of the PS+ version.

Destiny is hyped because Bungie and "muh Halo/shooter/whatever."

Message 10 of 14 (581 Views)