I Only Post Everything
1226 posts

Re: I DID IT!!!! i have completely opened my ps3!!! :)

Jul 22, 2010

Great, now you did it. you released the PS3 demons sealed inside. we are all doomed.. DOOMED I SAY!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 21 of 25 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1938 posts

Jul 22, 2010

Prince25 wrote:
Can I ask why did you do it?
Because you got the YLOD? or to prevent one?

i had my 80GB ps3 since launch & its working perfectly so far & i've been using it a lot, do i need to worry about YLOD?

i have never got a YLOD, i just wanted to avoid it and make my ps3 run cooler. thats it. i had only ONE time when the ps3 shutted down on me in the middle of infamous and it was blinking red light and it didn't stop until i had pushed the on/off botton an they it just stayed red and then i pressed it again and it turned on. now this was only one time and thank god it only happened once, and since then i just wanted to apply arctic silver 5 to make sure it runs cooler and never overheat again.

Message 22 of 25 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 22, 2010

Do i need to worry bout getting a YLOD?

cause i'd like to prevent it & I can't buy a new PS3

Youtube                    Myspace                          Twitter
prince25

Message 23 of 25 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1938 posts

Jul 23, 2010
if you have a 80GB non BC system then i wouldn't worry about it. but if you still want to prevent it just apply some arctic silver 5 and your ps3 will thank you Smiley Tongue
Message 24 of 25 (42 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 8, 2012

Hey ppl in the PS3 realm.  I want to thank everyone in here that suggested the new thermal paste.  I took my PS3 aprt to clean it not even thinking about breakin the thermal paste from the board. I put it back together not addin any, and i swear it sounded like my Playstation was goin to take flight.  So in a panic I took it apart, read these posts, found thermal paste, (thx mom in law), and blamoh...no more hairdryer...I cant afford a new PS3, so I thank you all...Add me and Ill thank u again.  Peace out!

Message 25 of 25 (42 Views)
0 Likes