Uncharted Territory
2167 posts

Re: How will we transfer old UMD games to PSP Go!?

Sep 19, 2010
Look, the PSPGo is probably considered a fail by Sony. If you want all digital content, you can still download games and movies on your memory stick for your old PSPs, and still have UMDs.

Being a Go owner I am thoroughly disappointed in the Devs for screwing us like this. I thought we were gonna get the full UMD library on the PSN, that's why I bought it.

Message 41 of 49 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

UMDs - transfered to - PSP go

Sep 19, 2010

Why not just use the Game sharing option to tansfer the games and encode a license on the go so that the game can not be transfered uploading that licence with the games unique sereal number so that the umds cannot be coppied to multible systems hence eliminating Piracy. that would be the smart way to go about it.....

Message 42 of 49 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 10, 2010
hey Nasomi this is off the subject,but can you tell me if you know, the games that you can get/win trophies for?
Message 43 of 49 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 15, 2010

RockMax wrote:
Look, the PSPGo is probably considered a fail by Sony. If you want all digital content, you can still download games and movies on your memory stick for your old PSPs, and still have UMDs.

Being a Go owner I am thoroughly disappointed in the Devs for screwing us like this. I thought we were gonna get the full UMD library on the PSN, that's why I bought it.

amen. I am particuarly amazed at how obnoxious companies like Squarenix are about this. I mean, no crisis core, no FFT war of the lions, no kingdom hearts... wth is wrong with those guys? it's at least (assuming 39.99 prices on psn) 120 bucks they will never ever get from me even though I would spend that money on a heartbeat to get those games and the reason they won't put the games on psn is?

I love my psp go. I love the fact that I can carry it in my pocket (the older models are just retardedly big, no one in their right minds would walk out on the street carrying those) and bluetooth is great (nothing like wireless technology to listen to music) but the lack of GAMES on a GAMING device is just ridiculous. Thank god Konami and Capcom know better and all their great games are available.

Message 44 of 49 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 15, 2010

Only a small niche of people wanted this thing.  Personally, I will always want a hard copy of the majority of games I buy.  Something feels a lot better about actually owning a physical copy of a game that I can hold in my hands.  People say technology changes, which it does, and we should just go along with it.  Well yes, games SHOULD get better and prettier, but we should also have some constants.  One of those constants should be hard copies of games, forever and always whether that be UMD or cartridge. 

LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH!

Message 45 of 49 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 16, 2010

Got one word for ya.   CFW...............coming this christmas.

Message 46 of 49 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
248 posts

Oct 16, 2010

Maybe the Go was a way to get NEW users and not a way for old users to complete their PSP collections?  I mean seriously guys....some of you have perfectly working 1000,2000,3000, and Go models.  WHY?!!!  As we all know, gaming companies don't make squat from the console but from the games.  So buying more systems doesn't do anything unless you are doing some personal firmware upgrading on your old ones....::crickets::.....yeah that's what I thought. 

Anyways,  I think the Go did bring new people to the PSP.  I've been here for a while and have noticed that there are a few newer faces on here from when I first came on board and those are predominately Go users.   I think that the digital content is fine for any NEW user.   The only way for Sony to allow UMD transfer of games to Go format would be a UMD/digital coupon trade which, from what I have gathered here and other forums, is not what users were willng to do...so Sony said OK and didn't run it. 

So STOP COMPLAINING!!!!!!! We got a bigger family and I appreciate their comments as much as yours. 

Message 47 of 49 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 18, 2010

mega_man_aXe wrote:

Only a small niche of people wanted this thing.  Personally, I will always want a hard copy of the majority of games I buy.  Something feels a lot better about actually owning a physical copy of a game that I can hold in my hands.  People say technology changes, which it does, and we should just go along with it.  Well yes, games SHOULD get better and prettier, but we should also have some constants.  One of those constants should be hard copies of games, forever and always whether that be UMD or cartridge. 

LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH!

Now think how stupid it would have been if say, metal gear solid peace walker were digital only. wouldn't you (who claim will ALWAYS want a hard copy of the game) be left scratching your head? I am all for people getting their UMD games, what I don't get is why Sony won't enforce software developers to also release said games in digital format. what is the point of the psp go if you cannot go "all in" in the digital media? What is the point not putting awesome games that everyone and their moms will buy for sure on psn?  do they honestly believe I will buy a psp 3000 bundle with kingdom hearts just because it's not on psn? That is ludicrous to say the least. and then I am left with no way to play an otherwise awesome game because huge companies like Sony and Squarenix who have been in this business for over 10 years can't figure out the obvious. it's mind boggling, really.

Message 48 of 49 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 19, 2011

why not sell the games, then use the money to get a psn card, then use that to get psp go games?

i'm not a psp genius and there's probably a flaw in my plan. please do not insult me on it. thankyou

Message 49 of 49 (40 Views)
0 Likes