First Son
1 posts

Re: How will we transfer old UMD games to PSP Go!?

Apr 6, 2010

I found on the web that you will be able to with a disk you put in your ps3 then plug both psp's into the ps3 with the game in the old then it will automatically transfer then you just put your memory stick in

Message 31 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Apr 7, 2010

trexblue wrote:

I found on the web that you will be able to with a disk you put in your ps3 then plug both psp's into the ps3 with the game in the old then it will automatically transfer then you just put your memory stick in

Oh really? My PSP makes me cookies when I shake it.

Message 32 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3590 posts

Apr 7, 2010

Lethal_Vampire wrote:

trexblue wrote:

Oh really? My PSP makes me cookies when I shake it.

lluuuucccckkkehhh

Message 33 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3035 posts

Apr 7, 2010

foxhound421 wrote:

so i've got a stack of twenty-something UMD games. say i buy a PSP Go!, how will i play those games on it? has Sony said/confirmed anything about this yet?

my theories:

• use UPC codes from the box to download them for free from PSN

• a kiosk in major PSP game retailers that you insert the UMD and it copies the game file to your Go! via Bluetooth

from what Ive heard there are to many "legal problems" so you cant download them for free, sony has already talked about this.

Message 34 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3035 posts

Apr 7, 2010

also heres a twist even if you have a psp go, you wont be able to buy the new kingdom hearts game , since disney wont make a downloadable version.

Message 35 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Apr 7, 2010

mlbpowerpro wrote:

also heres a twist even if you have a psp go, you wont be able to buy the new kingdom hearts game , since disney wont make a downloadable version.

Correct you are! I feel bad for the Go owners, I can't wait for BBS!

Message 36 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Aug 18, 2010

what is BBS

Message 37 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8172 posts

Aug 18, 2010

gavinova22 wrote:

what is BBS

Birth By Sleep. The new portable Kingdom Hearts game.

Another UMD exclusive, possibly for now.

Message 38 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 19, 2010

As far as I see it, the PSP Go is going to be a digital flop. You'll get some people who will buy it because its a gimmick, but in many ways it falls short to the PSP-3000-2000-1000. Smaller screen, tiny buttons, problems for UMD owners.

I foresee a future version of the Go, which will be a little larger and contain a UMD slot... or something. With many good titles not on the PSN store, people are either going to trade the go back in or just not buy it if they actually bother to research it in the first place.

So, I may actually decide to pick up another used 3000. And heck, the money I saved not buying the go, I could just get a 16GB Duo stick and essentially get next to the same damn thing.

Sony... I know you make generally decent products, but this is a stupid notion. Little kids are more prone to buying the DS, so maybe you should actually realize your psp is more popular with the adults who ACTUALLY make money. SO GIMME MY BIGGER BUTTONS!!! I swear the 'Go' is for people with midget hands.

Message 39 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

Sep 19, 2010

HIPPIEHUNTERX wrote:

As far as I see it, the PSP Go is going to be a digital flop. You'll get some people who will buy it because its a gimmick, but in many ways it falls short to the PSP-3000-2000-1000. Smaller screen, tiny buttons, problems for UMD owners.

I foresee a future version of the Go, which will be a little larger and contain a UMD slot... or something. With many good titles not on the PSN store, people are either going to trade the go back in or just not buy it if they actually bother to research it in the first place.

So, I may actually decide to pick up another used 3000. And heck, the money I saved not buying the go, I could just get a 16GB Duo stick and essentially get next to the same damn thing.

Sony... I know you make generally decent products, but this is a stupid notion. Little kids are more prone to buying the DS, so maybe you should actually realize your psp is more popular with the adults who ACTUALLY make money. SO GIMME MY BIGGER BUTTONS!!! I swear the 'Go' is for people with midget hands.

What do you mean "is going to be" - it already is a flop.

Message 40 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes