Survivor
2666 posts

Re: How will we transfer old UMD games to PSP Go!?

Feb 19, 2010

DarklingVladd wrote:
the way i see it. the go offers us more, but at a larger price right off. think about this everyone. all games are download. that means, god i hope they do this, that you can download import games for less. i could get my armored core 3, silent line and last raven for less and more easily. i know they have a policy of one redownload over five psps per account but you can always make a back up on the computer. the way i see it, your paying to be MORE protable. you can carry 14 GB of games. and all run faster b/c it is running off the ram. if you want a psp go and have a lot of old UMDs, either suck it up and wait for a solution or be proactive and save your money. there is always ways to make more money. cut peoples yards in the summer, shovel snow in the winter. pet sit. if you want the psp go and all your old game, find a way. nothing is impossible. i will get a go, but only once i know i can get my games again and afford it. my psp 1000 is showing it's age and i like the idea of compacking things. there are things i will be missing out on like the gps attachment and i have to play by new rules. but thats how it is. gamers should know that best. its the same old game with new rules. now shut up and have fun

not really.  you are getting less actually. theres alot of games out there not available for download.

wrong!

Message 21 of 49 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1224 posts

Feb 19, 2010
Oh my GOD people the horse is dead get off his back! You have UMD's you want to keep just DO'NT buy the PSPgo it's as simple as that!
White PSPgo owner and older girl gamer LOL!!
Every dollar Government spends Makes the People Poorer!
Resistance is Futile!!
Message 22 of 49 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Feb 19, 2010
Umm,  wasn't this thread"talked" about several days or a couple of weeks ago???????????????????????????????????????????????
Message 23 of 49 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Honestly i luv the PSP GO system and this CFW (custom firmware) is crap, the system is good and maybe they should try having a PS3 update where you can rip UMD's into a e-boot and transfer it to a PSP Go, also i luv not carrying around games cuz i dun have 2 worry 'bout breakn UMD's but u can still trade in games and use an edge card from gamestop, then buy PSN cards, but they don't have a game call "naruto shippuden akatsuki rising' also, MY FAVORITE GAME IN THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO COME OUT BUT ITS NOT COMING OUT FOR PSN STORY ITS CALLED "KINGDOM HEARTS BIRTH BY SLEEP' i seen so many trailers ITS A BOSS LOOKING GAME and im not complaining im just asking them  2 update this game into the store but i think the PSP go is a 4.5 star sytem, sony has so many complaints they problem wont even look at this i just hope they do... they have a big franchise and r my fav company to buy from i have system(s) computers and everything SO ROCK ON SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 24 of 49 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Ok....I think this was the final thread on the last post asking this same exact question.

Sony had said that there would be software available to move UMD files over to the GO...however....things changed and now it was swept under the rug.

Another reason is copyright.  If this was allowed it would violate copyright and actually be a form of pirating.

Here's reality. The VCR started back in the 70's as BETA MAX. Then it went to VHS. Stayed around forever and people built large libraries of films. Then Came DVD's and people found themselves having to buy all of those movies again, and now BLUE RAY.  By 2015 movies will be introduced to the public on SD or Memory Sticks.  Televisions will have a SD slot on the front or you can buy a card reader.  It's called technology. Like it or not, it's going to happen. If you try to keep up with it, you'll go broke, and all of those items like VHS and BETA will be worthless.

So, if you are looking for a way to transfer your UMD's to the GO, I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't believe it's going to happen. You're just going to have to buy your favorite games and movies all over again. Don't blame Sony..blame technology.

Eagle
Message 25 of 49 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 27, 2010

but what if we the games are not available on the website?

Message 26 of 49 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5025 posts

Mar 27, 2010
Then you don't get to play them on the pspgo.
Message 27 of 49 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Mar 27, 2010

WA7JK wrote:

Ok....I think this was the final thread on the last post asking this same exact question.

Sony had said that there would be software available to move UMD files over to the GO...however....things changed and now it was swept under the rug.

Another reason is copyright.  If this was allowed it would violate copyright and actually be a form of pirating.

Here's reality. The VCR started back in the 70's as BETA MAX. Then it went to VHS. Stayed around forever and people built large libraries of films. Then Came DVD's and people found themselves having to buy all of those movies again, and now BLUE RAY.  By 2015 movies will be introduced to the public on SD or Memory Sticks.  Televisions will have a SD slot on the front or you can buy a card reader.  It's called technology. Like it or not, it's going to happen. If you try to keep up with it, you'll go broke, and all of those items like VHS and BETA will be worthless.

So, if you are looking for a way to transfer your UMD's to the GO, I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't believe it's going to happen. You're just going to have to buy your favorite games and movies all over again. Don't blame Sony..blame technology.

I don't see movies being made on sd cards for a long time. Not tell they are cheaper than disc and they make a player for them since not everyone has a sd card slot on their tv
You should blame sony they made the psp go even when they knew that lots of games would never make it to psp go
Message 28 of 49 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Mar 27, 2010
This is why the Go is a fail. IMO

Message 29 of 49 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Mar 27, 2010

jus like people who use ds lite instead of dsi because of the gameboy advance cartridge slot

Message 30 of 49 (6 Views)
0 Likes