Sackboy
509 posts

Re: How will we transfer old UMD games to PSP Go!?

Aug 16, 2009
Yes, yes, wel all know you can or will be able to download the titles, that has been beaten to death. The actual question is, what do you do with your old games, how will you play them on the psp go, if you are able to at all. Yes the games will be available for download, but at what cost, people aren't going to be keen on buying a game twice, especially buying a virtual version when the real one is sitting right next to them. Great way at not answering the OP's question though, and providing information that everyone already knew.

PS3 20gb with 120gb hd *** PS3 40gb *** PS3 80gb *** Ps Vita 3g *** 2x Ps Vita wifi *** 2x White PSP-Go
Message 11 of 49 (7 Views)
Fender Bender
3460 posts

Aug 17, 2009

inginear wrote:
 you could probably mail in the original upc

Every copy of a game has the same UPC code, there are no unique ID codes for this to work.

Thus, anyone could post a list of UPC codes on the net and everyone could get free games

Message 12 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 18, 2009
Just kidding dude. Didn't really mean i was sueing them. Anyway, just try it, it could prevent pircay i think.
Message 13 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Aug 18, 2009
NEWS FLASH!!!  Sony will use Magic to transfer UMD'S to your new psp GO.  
Message 14 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1009 posts

Aug 18, 2009

Ghosth4xor wrote:
NEWS FLASH!!!  Sony will use Magic to transfer UMD'S to your new psp GO.  

Holy &$!@ ! That's awesome, it solves all of our problems!

Message 15 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Oct 2, 2009
the way i see it. the go offers us more, but at a larger price right off. think about this everyone. all games are download. that means, god i hope they do this, that you can download import games for less. i could get my armored core 3, silent line and last raven for less and more easily. i know they have a policy of one redownload over five psps per account but you can always make a back up on the computer. the way i see it, your paying to be MORE protable. you can carry 14 GB of games. and all run faster b/c it is running off the ram. if you want a psp go and have a lot of old UMDs, either suck it up and wait for a solution or be proactive and save your money. there is always ways to make more money. cut peoples yards in the summer, shovel snow in the winter. pet sit. if you want the psp go and all your old game, find a way. nothing is impossible. i will get a go, but only once i know i can get my games again and afford it. my psp 1000 is showing it's age and i like the idea of compacking things. there are things i will be missing out on like the gps attachment and i have to play by new rules. but thats how it is. gamers should know that best. its the same old game with new rules. now shut up and have fun
Message 16 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 10, 2009
psp go is very liky to be in my future, but i have 20 to 30 umds that I play often.So lets see here 30 umds times lets say 40 dollars a piece puts me out 1200 dollars .holy crap thats enough to buy a car or something that i dont have already.between the psp go and the games thats 1460 dollars. I want an anwer fraom sony by Nov. 1st or else i am going to not by this system. I like the hard drive and bluetooth but its not worth $1460.                                                     SONY GIVE AN ANSWER ALREADY SO THAT YOU CAN GET MY $260 AND MY CUTOMER SATISFATION BACK                          DONT YOU KNOW THE SAYING " THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT."
Message 17 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 13, 2009
seriuosly sony i have alot of games on umd for my psp-2001 daxter edition and im planning to buy a psp go after i get a ps3 slim but i will only buy the psp go if sony finds out a way to download the umd games from playstation network to the psp go or that you connect your psp 3000 to your go via usb and you put the umd in and transfer the files onto the go.
Message 18 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Feb 18, 2010
yeah I too have plenty of UMD's and refuse to just throw them away and be forced into buying them again for the Go. I hope this Go will be gone soon or hacked cuz it's a joke, I mean how rich does Sony think we are?
Message 19 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
919 posts

Feb 19, 2010
there are ways via 6.10 firmware just no legal
Can't Wait for TN-a! I'm ready to hack my psp!
Message 20 of 49 (7 Views)
0 Likes