Aug 18 2013
By: Illuvial Sackboy 521 posts

How will the friends list work?

5 replies 163 views Edited Aug 18, 2013

If I can have thousands of friends on PS4, but only 100 on PS3 & Vita, how will that work? Since you would use the same profile on all 3 platforms how will my friends be determined? WIll there be an update to the Vita & PS3 to allow for thousands of friends?

I'm a tad confused as to how it will work

Message 1 of 6 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1102 posts

Re: How will the friends list work?

Aug 18, 2013
My guess would be that whatever friends you have on ps3 will transfer over, lets say u have 100. And any additional friends you make on ps4 will be exclusive to that system. I'm not really sure, I've thought about this for some time, theres no news on it explaining it. At least that I could find. I highly doubt the ps3 or vitas list will be updated.
~~~~~~~~~ Show No Fear - Fortune Favors The Bold! ~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 6 (148 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38743 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2013

Illuvial wrote:

If I can have thousands of friends on PS4, but only 100 on PS3 & Vita, how will that work? Since you would use the same profile on all 3 platforms how will my friends be determined? WIll there be an update to the Vita & PS3 to allow for thousands of friends?

I'm a tad confused as to how it will work

Actually the limit for friends on the PS4 will be 2,000, not 'thousands'. as far as I know the limit on the PS3/VITA will remain at 100.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 6 (127 Views)
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Aug 18, 2013

xfisticuffsx wrote:
My guess would be that whatever friends you have on ps3 will transfer over, lets say u have 100. And any additional friends you make on ps4 will be exclusive to that system. I'm not really sure, I've thought about this for some time, theres no news on it explaining it. At least that I could find. I highly doubt the ps3 or vitas list will be updated.

I would say this is probably how it will work. Additionally I think that you will have the option to confirm your idietity to certain friends, so instead of seeing their screen name, you'll just see their real name. I think we will also have two friends lists, our "real life friends" or those we share our real identity with, and those we just share screen names with. If Sony was smart they would allow you to change notification settings fr each group. So for example I would only like to see when my real life friends log on, but I don't want to see one if anyone else on my friends list does.

I think that kind of system would work well.

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Message 4 of 6 (106 Views)
Sackboy
521 posts

Aug 19, 2013

pacpunk wrote:

xfisticuffsx wrote:

I would say this is probably how it will work. Additionally I think that you will have the option to confirm your idietity to certain friends, so instead of seeing their screen name, you'll just see their real name. I think we will also have two friends lists, our "real life friends" or those we share our real identity with, and those we just share screen names with. If Sony was smart they would allow you to change notification settings fr each group. So for example I would only like to see when my real life friends log on, but I don't want to see one if anyone else on my friends list does.

If they are gicing us 2,000 friends they better give me a folder system to organize them with or I'll be fairly ticked off.

Message 5 of 6 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Illuvial wrote:

pacpunk wrote:

xfisticuffsx wrote:

If they are gicing us 2,000 friends they better give me a folder system to organize them with or I'll be fairly ticked off.

I agree

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Message 6 of 6 (56 Views)
0 Likes