Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 18 2008
By: webkyaw Hekseville Citizen 439 posts

How to use Hori Fighting Stick 3 on PC (properly)

7 replies 17519 views Edited Aug 18, 2008

So i'm an old foggie and still enjoy playing arcade emulators (especially 2D fighters) on the PC. I've had an X-arcade stick for a while, but moved into a new place and space is a premium (will have to post pic of my setup later). Long story short, I bought a Hori Fighting Stick 3 for PS3. I managed to get the drivers from http://rapidshare.com/files/22348021/fs3drv.zip.html so the PC would recognize the stick, but the problem is that the stick directions register as Hat POV instead of directions in Windows Controllers. MAME will accept Hat POV, but other emulators like Winkawak or NeoRageX doesn't.

So the solution after days of googling and trial/error, I found this little gem: http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm . Once you check to recognize HatPOV and assign the UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT to the corresponding Hat POVs, voila, playing Art Of Fighting on WinKawak is now possible .

I dont know what category this may fit in, its not really much about the PS3 and more about the HFS3, a PS3 accessory. So if a mod has an issue, please feel free to move it or delete it. I spent countless hours doing trial and error and various programs to come to this conclusion, and I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

Hardware: TWO PS3 BC 80gb (one 160gb upgraded), Sceptre X32BV-FullHD, 4 SixAxis, 1 Dualshock3, 1 Hori FightingStick3, 1 Hori FlightStick2, 1 Logitech G25 + Playseat Evolution seat, 1 GunCon3, PS EYE, 2 Nyko Frontman guitars, PS2 memory adapter
Software: Warhawk, GT5 prologue, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Fightnight Round 3, Enchanted Arms, Folklore, Virtua Fighter 5, Time Crisis 4, NBA Live 08, SuperStardustHD, oh yeah, LITTLE BIG PLANET RECALL EDITION, Hotshot Golf Out of Bounds!!
Message 1 of 8 (17,519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: How to use Hori Fighting Stick 3 on PC (properly)

Aug 31, 2008

Today I just got the Soul Calibur 4 Hori Fighting Stick.  I want to say for the record that the the controller works flawlessly with both of my XP computers (one amd, one intel). No drivers had to be installed at all!

It works great for MAME32 or SNES emulators, and probably NES emulators as well.  Relive your old school arcade gaming, and get this!

Oh yea, it works great for PS3 too!  

Message 2 of 8 (17,519 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
439 posts

Sep 8, 2008
Hi, can you verify for me in Win XP whether the joystick directions (up,down,left,right) are recognized as "directions" or HUD when you go into 'Control Panel', then 'Controller'. Thanks.

Hardware: TWO PS3 BC 80gb (one 160gb upgraded), Sceptre X32BV-FullHD, 4 SixAxis, 1 Dualshock3, 1 Hori FightingStick3, 1 Hori FlightStick2, 1 Logitech G25 + Playseat Evolution seat, 1 GunCon3, PS EYE, 2 Nyko Frontman guitars, PS2 memory adapter
Software: Warhawk, GT5 prologue, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Fightnight Round 3, Enchanted Arms, Folklore, Virtua Fighter 5, Time Crisis 4, NBA Live 08, SuperStardustHD, oh yeah, LITTLE BIG PLANET RECALL EDITION, Hotshot Golf Out of Bounds!!
Message 3 of 8 (17,519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 5, 2009
In control panel, the stick is recognized as POV, which could be a problem for some games or emulators. In MAME32 it works perfectly without a third party driver.
Message 4 of 8 (17,519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 10, 2009

Hi, Does anybody know if the fs3dry drivers work on the SP3? I've read the readme file, plugged in the stick, put the .sys and .inf files to its necessary folders, and installed the driver at the USB HID driver properties. however, it showed amessage like this: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

What should I do? Please help!!

Message 5 of 8 (17,519 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

Jan 10, 2009
Vista user here. Didn't need drivers at all, just plug in and that's it.
Message 6 of 8 (17,519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Hi,

Many thanks for posting the driver to enable HatPOV controls in other emulators. Do you know if it's possible to use two of these sticks on a PC for playing 2 player games using this driver? 

Many thanks.

Message 7 of 8 (14,626 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 12, 2014

>Guide to "Properly" using a stick on PC

>Link to Joy2key
lol

Message 8 of 8 (1,577 Views)
0 Likes