Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Re: HOW can you tell if it is FACTORY SEALED NEW or just RESEALED USED games??

Jan 16, 2014

lol I think I know which user you talking about Smiley Wink

when it's straight out sealed from publishers I think the plastic is sealed very tight even on corners. Re-sealed, as seen above, kind of have that cringy droop or the corners.

Also.....you can tell when it's factory sealed since when you open it, you get that "New" smell to it and you get high for a brief moment like

"*Sniff* ah....(insert name of game/movie/ etc), dis gon be good" Smiley Tongue

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 27 (1,113 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Re: HOW can you tell if FACTORY SEALED NEW or just RESEALED USED games??

Jan 16, 2014

The DIY shrinkwrap has a thicker, less-stretchy feel to it.  It's pretty easy to spot.  

Also if a game has a seam on three sides, it most certainly was rewrapped. 

I'm not absolutely certain about this, but I believe that all new PS3 games are wrapped with a folded cellophane wrapper instead of heat-shrunk plastic.  You can tell an actual new game because the plastic will have been folded on the top and bottom like a christmas present. I don't know if ALL new games are packaged this way.  I suppose it would depend on if there are more than one production facility or whatever.

Message 12 of 27 (1,109 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jan 16, 2014

I just bought brand new copies of BF4 and Beyond, and it was shrink wrapped. Not the thicker folded plastic that PS3/2/1 games commonly came in.

I think that they're simply moving towards heat shrink wrapping as its cheaper.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 13 of 27 (1,098 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3892 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I just bought brand new copies of BF4 and Beyond, and it was shrink wrapped. Not the thicker folded plastic that PS3/2/1 games commonly came in.

I bought AC4 not too long ago and it was "flap-sealed". If it's flap-sealed, it came from the factory like that because of how commercial wrapping machines are made. Shrink wrapping is a different process and would actually slow manufacturing down. If it's shrink wrapped, it wasn't done at a factory. It was done at a distribution center.

Message 14 of 27 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22462 posts

Jan 16, 2014

takoyakimonster wrote:
It should be sticker-sealed (top and/or bottom part of case) on top of the shrink wrap. Unless the factories get rid of those stickers.

sticker? 

oh like the one on the PSone and PS2 games?

i do not see that sticker anymore that for PS3 games...

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Message 15 of 27 (1,076 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22462 posts

Jan 17, 2014

tross88 wrote:
@dulun18: It's possible the MGS Legacy Collection is factory sealed, since the game inside looks that way. I'm more iffy about the outer wrap, but I think I recall my copy being like that when I got it. The game and the art book look new, so you may have a factory sealed copy of that. The Uncharted box has definitely been re-sealed. With a new copy, both of the games inside should also be sealed.

it's hard to tell for me.. never bought bundle game before .. those bundle back.. resistance, infamous, killzone, god of war.. they all wrapped like the uncharted bundle??

oh.. also.. for 2 games in one.. the Uncharted bundle is light..  . it's like there's no manual in it.. .. i have to record it on video as i open it after BBB response.... don't tell me that it's just an empty box inside..Smiley Indifferent

Message 16 of 27 (1,073 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22462 posts

Jan 17, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I have a NEW copy of BF4 (PS3)  the wrapper is not the same as the 5 games that i posted above..

DSCF1296.JPG

DSCF1297.JPG

DSCF1298.JPG

DSCF1299.JPG

Message 17 of 27 (1,070 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jan 17, 2014

when ps4 was the hot thing during last xmas season, i noticed all the games didn't have the factory shirnk wrap.  every big store, best buy, target, walmart, all had non factory shrink. 

I went back like last week to check out PS4 games and they're all factory shrink wrap now.

How come?  So much demand during xmas no time to factor wrap them so the retailers did it?

Message 18 of 27 (1,043 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22462 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2014

SurfinSantaCruz wrote:

when ps4 was the hot thing during last xmas season, i noticed all the games didn't have the factory shirnk wrap.  every big store, best buy, target, walmart, all had non factory shrink. 

I went back like last week to check out PS4 games and they're all factory shrink wrap now.

How come?  So much demand during xmas no time to factor wrap them so the retailers did it?

or could it be that they re-wrapped USEd games and sold them as NEW??

did you notice the link in my first post about bestbuy used games has the same wrapper as the NEW factory sealed ones.. : (

**i don't get why the USEd one is $45.. when the new one is $30 though..  Smiley LOL

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/18s6f8/best_buy_knows_how_to_sell_used_games/

d

Message 19 of 27 (1,038 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jan 17, 2014

I dont know if they could have done that since every game was not that standard factory seal.  I'm talking about 3 big retailers , multiple stores, multiple racks of games.  I guess it's a mystery.

Message 20 of 27 (1,030 Views)
0 Likes