Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 20 2012
By: MMCDOLE First Son 4 posts

How to tell differnce between enemies and team in Multi-player Black Ops 2

5 replies 284 views Edited Dec 20, 2012

I have played all of the Call of Duty games, but I have only played the campaigns.  For Black Ops 2 I have started the multi-player and I am having a blast.   My problem is...I have a hard time telling the difference between my teammates and the enemy.  I have to use the target finder to be sure.  If I see an enemy from a distance, it appears they do not have a rank above their head, but as they get closer they look the same as my teammates.    My teammates name does not appear above their head, just their rank as well.   Can I do something to fix this?  It would be nice if I could set it up where my teammates name is above their head and the enemy's name does not.  How can I distinguish the difference better without having to use the target finder?  Any help would be greatly appreciated?  Could it have anything to do with the non standard PS3 controller I use?

Thanks

Mark

Message 1 of 6 (284 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11174 posts

Re: How to tell difference between enemies and team in Multi-player Black Ops 2

Dec 20, 2012

There's actually a perk, I believe, that scratches off your screenname from the top of your head. Some of your teammates might be using this to avoid trackers. Apart from that, the people on your team should have green screennames above their heads while people on the other team are in red. You won't notice people on the other team with a screenname from the distance either. Usually you have to get close enough to spot the screenname plastered above in order to distinguish the color. But as it is, just shoot anyone that you see without a screenname above their head from a distance. If you're close enough to a teammate and you notice the green arrow representing that person on the mini-map, you'll be able to tell where that person is and even catch their screenname in the process. 

Message 2 of 6 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

Looking at the map is a great idea...thanks.

But I have never seen any of my teammates with their name showing.....from any distance.  It is a pain!  I can't tell you how may times I have been killed by someone I thought was my teammate or shot at my teammate because there is no difference up close.  Without the target finder I would be screwed; but I know it is costing me a lot of unwarranted deaths.   The enemy has no name showing, ever, and definitely not in read and my teammates never have a green name above them.

Message 3 of 6 (272 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 20, 2012

I just went to Youtube and wached a team deathmatch....On the video you can clearly see your teammates name in green and the enemies name in red.   When I play it does not do this, there are no names showing for either team.  Imagine how difficult this has been for me!

Someone has to know how to fix this.  Please.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 6 (265 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11174 posts

Dec 20, 2012

When you start out every match, have you ever noticed how your teammates are all lined up in a group of green arrows pointing forward? Just try to keep an eye on the mini-map if you can, as in the Call of Duty series it's always been about watching the screen as well as watching the mini-map. Where you see red dots on the map, that means an enemy is shooting in that particular proximity. Where you see green arrows, that shows where your allies are.

I'm not sure what's going on with all the names being crossed off, though. It might be some kind of glitch in your copy of the game. If it's no big deal, you could get yourself another copy of the game to see if that one would work out better, or you can stick to watching the mini-map so that you're able to tell where everyone is located.

Message 5 of 6 (263 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Thanks for your help.  My buddy has Black Op 2, so I will have him bring his over and try it.

Message 6 of 6 (260 Views)
0 Likes