Highlighted
Apr 19 2013
By: yumi_82 First Son 2 posts

How to take screenshot on PS3?

11 replies 523 views Edited Apr 19, 2013

Hi everyone I am trying to take pictures of all the games that i have in PS3 . Unfortunately i don't know how to  take a screenshot on my PS3 (*I used to play PC games). Can someone help me please. 

Message 1 of 12 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Re: How to take screenshot on PS3?

Apr 19, 2013

yumi_82 wrote:

Hi everyone I am trying to take pictures of all the games that i have in PS3 . Unfortunately i don't know how to  take a screenshot on my PS3 (*I used to play PC games). Can someone help me please. 

That feature does not exist on PS3. (Well, only in PlayStation Home.)

If you want to take a picture of your PS3 gaming, you would need your PS3 and PC connected (and a capture card.)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 12 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20477 posts

Apr 19, 2013
The PS3 is unable to take a picture of what is going on on the screen by default. Some games allow you to do this through Cinema/Theater modes or through another built-in feature, such as PlayStation Home or Uncharted Multiplayer.

If you want to take a picture any other way, you'll need a computer and a capture card, as HorrorGod stated above.
Message 3 of 12 (507 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Apr 19, 2013

hmmm i have to buy a capture card then. Anyway thanks guys for answering Cat Happy

Message 4 of 12 (501 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Some games like Dead or Alive 5, Persona 4: Arena, The King of Fighters XIII, Uncharted 3 (online mode only) let you take pictures and/or videos of your last game played. You can then view those videos/pictures while in the game. From my experience, you cannot transfer the pictures/videos to the pictures or videos folders since they're saved as game data.

As the others clearly stated, a PC with a capture card will be a much better choice for you.
My PSN
Message 5 of 12 (495 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20477 posts

Apr 19, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
From my experience, you cannot transfer the pictures/videos to the pictures or videos folders since they're saved as game data.

You mentioned Uncharted 3 in your post, so I think I should clarify something.

Uncharted 3 Cinema Mode allows you to both take pictures and record video footage of your matches. When taking a picture, the picture is automatically saved to the XMB, which can then be transferred onto your computer. The same rule applies to videos recorded, but videos also have the option to directly upload them to either Youtube or Facebook. This has a time limit (1 minute in length I believe) and if you want to upload clips longer than that, you need to export it to the XMB and upload it in some other way, either via the PS3's Video Editor and Uploader or a computer.

As for the other games stated, I do not own them and cannot speak on behalf of them. However, Uncharted 3 is pretty lenient with what you can do with CInema files. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Apr 19, 2013
They put that feature in the PS Vita which is complete useless. Get a good match in call of duty BOD, get like 43k/8d and can't take a screen shot. So I hurry up and grab my phone and take a pic lmao. Others games are the same way, even if its a really nice looking cut scene or something and you can't take a screen shot. But its part of Sony's PS Vita features that will be ran over like everything else the PS3 doesn't have thanks to the developers.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 7 of 12 (487 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Apr 19, 2013
I only played Uncharted 3 in single player mode. I liked the game, but didn't think that the multiplayer was going to be worth my time. I didn't like how they want you to pay to play the game online. I paid for the game, I don't think I should have to pay to play a third person shooter online. If I wanted to pay to play online, I would buy another Xbox.
My PSN
Message 8 of 12 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Apr 19, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
I only played Uncharted 3 in single player mode. I liked the game, but didn't think that the multiplayer was going to be worth my time. I didn't like how they want you to pay to play the game online. I paid for the game, I don't think I should have to pay to play a third person shooter online. If I wanted to pay to play online, I would buy another Xbox.

You don't have to pay in order to play Uncharted 3's multiplayer.

DLC and paying to play online are two completely different things.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 9 of 12 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20477 posts

Apr 19, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:

Unless you bought the game used or downloaded the Free to Play version of the game, the Multiplayer Mode for Uncharted 3 is free. I say used game beause UC3 uses the Online Pass to access Multiplayer and the F2P version because of the extra costs to unlock the features of the MP.

Message 10 of 12 (477 Views)
0 Likes