First Son
13 posts

Re: How to put ps3 in dmz

Sep 15, 2013
Da_Almighty_Guy
I have assigned a static ip address earlier,but as i told i was not able to connect to psn.So i think that there must be something wrong that i might have done during the process.So i thought if you guys could help me step by step. Smiley Very Happy
Message 21 of 32 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Sep 15, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

I also don't have first hand knowledge of possible consequences of doing this. If you really think it's a bad thing I'll rethink posting links on how to do it. It's not good to contribute to a potentially bad situation either and I believe you know what you're talking about on this subject. What is the worst that can happen?

using DMZ with just only the PS3 online there isn't much that can be done,but if you have another device as most people do connected to your router then it can be easily accessed by someone using a JB console with them running it through their own pc and gain access to your computer along with other devices..

this used to not be possible very easily but there is so many script kiddies out there running these silly tools, as now Sony can't even ban a JB console anymore as they have spoof tools to mask their real console id/MAC...

i personally have even found a way using wireshark alongside of net tools 5 to gain these hackers ip addresses on GTA4 and then i can flood their connection so they get disconnected,and i do it all on the pc and the PS3 has nothing to do with it but just give me their IP as the packet crosses my network switch...

i only do this to the hackers so in a way i am just helping Sony out for free and to give us players a real game to play.

so my main point is,it is best to always use the most secured connection you can because these noobs take advantage of people when the oppurtunity arises.

i have read and not positive if it really works but supposedly some of these people can decrypt certain things in these packets and actually get a legit players console banned...not sure it really works but in theory it makes sense and this was a few years ago and other measures i would hope would be put in place.

so in other words,most of the time your most likely to be ok but it only takes one person who really knows their **bleep** to really foul things up for someone because they took the easy way out by opening all kinds of ports that aren't needed or using DMZ..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 22 of 32 (126 Views)
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Sep 15, 2013

have you bridged your modem to your router as i stated last night,if you are using 2 device setup as in a modem and a router then everything is actually having to be routed twice and PSN doesn't like it because most of these modems are also a router and they need to be bridged..

if you give us the brand and model number of the modem then i can probably tell you how to do it.

Message 23 of 32 (121 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 15, 2013
BRAND NAME-EDIMAX
Model-Br-622nC
Message 24 of 32 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Sep 15, 2013

shubhamguttu619 wrote:
BRAND NAME-EDIMAX
Model-Br-622nC

that is your wireless router,need the model and number to the Modem..

Message 25 of 32 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

what do you mean by number to the modem?

the model is Br-6228nc as i told earlier

Message 26 of 32 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Sep 15, 2013

the brand and model number...

Message 27 of 32 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Sep 15, 2013

that number you gave me is for your wireless router,i need the brand and model to the modem,the one the DSL line or cable line connects to.

Message 28 of 32 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Sep 15, 2013

do you have UPNP enabled on the router and ps3?  if not it should be.

Message 29 of 32 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

UpNp was enabled on my ps3 but not on my router
i enabled it right now
can you tl me the reason to enable it

Message 30 of 32 (94 Views)