Fender Bender
3055 posts

Re: How to put ps3 in dmz

Sep 15, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

http://adamcook.wordpress.com/2008/04/04/how-to-get-flawless-online-gaming-with-your-ps3/

i would never advise someone to ever use DMZ....the PS3 online hackers have found a way to use it to their advantage and have seen some interesting things done firsthand..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 12 of 32 (137 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
19459 posts

Sep 15, 2013

kythunder wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

http://adamcook.wordpress.com/2008/04/04/how-to-get-flawless-online-gaming-with-your-ps3/

i would never advise someone to ever use DMZ....the PS3 online hackers have found a way to use it to their advantage and have seen some interesting things done firsthand..

I wasn't advising for or against it. I was answering their question. If they really want to do it they'll find the way somewhere. It's not up to me to decide if it's right or wrong. I don't think gilksy's "fix" is any good either but if someone asks for it I'll provide the link. Maybe I'm wrong.......

Message 13 of 32 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Sep 15, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

kythunder wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

I wasn't advising for or against it. I was answering their question. If they really want to do it they'll find the way somewhere. It's not up to me to decide if it's right or wrong. I don't think gilksy's "fix" is any good either but if someone asks for it I'll provide the link. Maybe I'm wrong.......

Ahh yea i understand i was just giving a heads up and i couldn't agree more on those silly Gilksy's videos..there is way better ways to do it than he did,he was just like one of the first so people think he is the master of it but i could watch his vids and point several things out he is doing very poorly.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 14 of 32 (125 Views)
MVP Support
19459 posts

Sep 15, 2013

I also don't have first hand knowledge of possible consequences of doing this. If you really think it's a bad thing I'll rethink posting links on how to do it. It's not good to contribute to a potentially bad situation either and I believe you know what you're talking about on this subject. What is the worst that can happen?

Message 15 of 32 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 15, 2013
Listen know how to use dmz
but i dont know how do i assign a static ip
so if someone can help me
then i would give you my ip address
then please assign a static ip
Message 16 of 32 (107 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
19179 posts

Sep 15, 2013

shubhamguttu619 wrote:

Putting your PS3 in a DMZ is, in essence, giving it a static IP. If you know how to put the PS3 in a DMZ (which you say you do), you will give your PS3 a static IP during the process.

If you need extra help, you can look up DMZ guides on the Internet.

Message 17 of 32 (100 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
19459 posts

Sep 15, 2013

shubhamguttu619 wrote:

Did you read any of these replies? Did you check out the link? You need to assign these things we can't do it for you. I'm guessing English isn't your native language. You should post in your country's forum.

http://uk.playstation.com/country-selector/

Message 18 of 32 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 15, 2013
i checked the link
there was nothing new in the link.
i have also followed the same steps few days ago
but was not able to connect to psn
it worked for me for 2 days and suddenly stopped and
now i dont what has happened is it my router who is creating all this mess or my ps3.
Message 19 of 32 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

Message 20 of 32 (90 Views)
0 Likes