Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 02 2006
By: djwho~ First Son 2 posts

How to play ps2 game online using the wireless internet on the ps3

4 replies 19 views Edited Dec 2, 2006
is it possible to play ps2 games online using the wireless internet for the ps3. if this is possible someone please help me with this.
Message 1 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Re: How to play ps2 game online using the wireless internet on the ps3

Dec 2, 2006
Yes it is possible.

If you havent already you might have to make a Internal PS2 memory card on the PS3 HD. This is very simple. When on the PS3 XMB goto the Game Tab. Then goto Memory Card Utility and select New Internal Memory. Get that setup then follow this.

First you have to have Socom 2, Socom 3, or any PS2 game that allows you to make a Network Configuration. Then you put that game in the PS3. Load the game. Go online on that game and where you see it say Edit Network Configuration (something like that) goto it. Then it should load the Network Configuration area. Do whatever it asks then save it. Now when you try to go online on any PS2 game you will have the Network Configuration setup to allow you to go online.

Ive been online on THUG, THAW, Socom 2, Socom 3, and Socom Combined Assualt.. So it works if you have questions or problems just reply here.
Message 2 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 2, 2006
now are u connected through the ethernet cable or wireless, cuz i tried it wireless for madded fro ps2 and it didnt work.
Message 3 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Dec 2, 2006
Im connected wirelessly to my Modem.

But one Socom Combined Assualt once when I went to go online it didnt go but all I had to do was Select the Network Configuration.

Also if its not working go back into the Network Configuration area and re-test the connection. If it says it passes then go and try the game again.
Message 4 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Dec 3, 2006
lol yeah. i would figure any ps2 online game would work, with the exception of FF11. The other day my buddy brought over Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007 and played it online on my ps3.
Message 5 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes