Oct 17 2012
By: Darth-Krayt Wastelander 896 posts

How to play DOOM 3 co-op?

6 replies 38099 views Edited Oct 17, 2012

I read the game has online co-op. But I can't see any options to start or join a co-op game. And since I havn't seen any reviews, and none of my friends have the game, I havn't had a place to ask. Has anyone with the game figured this out yet?

PSN ID: Darth-Krayt

Eye of Judgment, Monster Hunter, Killzone 2, Sared 2 Fallen Angel, WipOut HD Fury, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Super Street Fighter 4, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Mortal Kombat, Unreal Tounament 3, MGS4, Oblivion, Ghostbusters, Dragon Age Origins, MAG, Heavy Rain, GoW3, Dragon Age 2, Rage, Skyrim, DOOM3:BFG, Gran Turismo 5
Message 1 of 7 (38,099 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7027 posts

Re: How to play DOOM 3 co-op?

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2012

dam double post

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 2 of 7 (38,085 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7027 posts

Oct 17, 2012

Doom 1 and 2 were to have co-op.

Doom 3 will not have any...

The Press keep getting things wrong or changing there minds...

So you may need to quit doom 3 and load one of the others...

Also because the press got it wrong it may have been removed completely.

Why did you not go to ID games forum for the update...  

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1408944-doom-3-bfg-edition-faq/

What multiplayer is included for DOOM 3 BFG Edition?

ONLINE multiplayer for Xbox 360 and PS3:
DOOM: 2-4 players per map
DOOM II: 2-4 players per map
DOOM 3 and Resurrection of Evil: 2-4 players per map
Lost Mission: N/A

OFFLINE multiplayer for Xbox 360 and PS3:

DOOM: 2-4 players per map
DOOM II: 2-4 players per map
DOOM 3 and Resurrection of Evil: N/A
Lost Mission: N/A

Is there any co-op gameplay included with DOOM 3 BFG Edition?.
The co-op gameplay for DOOM 3 was only included with the original Xbox release of DOOM 3. As BFG Edition is based upon the original PC release, there is no online/offline cooperative play. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of DOOM and DOOM II feature online and splitscreen co-op supporting 2-4 players.

No co-op for Doom 3.

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 3 of 7 (38,084 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Ahh, ok. Disappointed. Thanks for the info though. There actually hasn't been a whole lot of good coverage of this game. Still only 1 review has been posted to n4g, and it was a bad review, both of the game but more so on the author's part. Horribly written. Thanks.

Eye of Judgment, Monster Hunter, Killzone 2, Sared 2 Fallen Angel, WipOut HD Fury, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Super Street Fighter 4, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Mortal Kombat, Unreal Tounament 3, MGS4, Oblivion, Ghostbusters, Dragon Age Origins, MAG, Heavy Rain, GoW3, Dragon Age 2, Rage, Skyrim, DOOM3:BFG, Gran Turismo 5
Message 4 of 7 (38,077 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
587 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Who cares about their review everything is drop dead gorgeous and runs at 60 fps even online. And it's not like it's a full price game,

Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Message 5 of 7 (38,046 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2012

Who said I care about what the review said about the game? I was looking for info, not the review itself. I come up with my own opinions about games. I put no stock in any reviewer's opinions. But I will use reviews for factual info, like whether a game has co-op, and how to use features, which was the point of this thread. 

My own personal negative opinions on this collection are all completely different than the negatives listed in that one review I read on the game. They were crying about dated graphics and bad sound. My complainsts are dated multi-player (no co-op in DOOM 3, only 4 player competitive), a lack of customization options (no full screen in DOOM 1 and 2, no control mapping, no custom sountrack support on PS3). 

Don't get me wrong, I like the collection, and I can name alot of positives as well. But it could have been ALOT better, alot more polished. In the state it's in now though, lacking some basic options, I'm not comfortable with the fact that I paid $40 (well, $36) for this game. If it were $20, I'd be much happier. It feels like a $20 game. Even $30 ($27 with plus), like it cost on Steam would have been a DECENT price. I do wish I saved the money in my PSN wallet for Killzone HD and something else I'm looking forward to like Guardians of Middle Earth, and waited for DOOM 3 BFG to cost $20 at retail (probably in a couple/few weeks on Black Friday).

Message 6 of 7 (38,027 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9696 posts

Oct 19, 2012

Darth-Krayt wrote:
Ahh, ok. Disappointed. Thanks for the info though. There actually hasn't been a whole lot of good coverage of this game. Still only 1 review has been posted to n4g, and it was a bad review, both of the game but more so on the author's part. Horribly written. Thanks.

Never ever trust a written review on n4g. Wannabe Journalism website.

Message 7 of 7 (37,981 Views)
0 Likes