Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 17 2012
By: h2omasnah- Monster Hunter 36 posts

How to get by with just a 4GB memory card?

6 replies 414 views Edited Dec 17, 2012

What the title says. Can I have all the content I got from Plus downloaded on my PC and since 4GB isn't enough to hold all the content, delete content from my memory card and than transfer content that's already downloaded on my PC to the memory card? Do you guys get what I'm saying? lol. For example, with PSP and Media Go, I can have all my PSP content downloaded on my PC on Media Go and whenever I want I can tranfer it to my memory stick.

I want to know because I want to get Plus but I don't want to spend more than $300 on a PSVita set up so I was going to buy a $250 PSvita bundle that comes with a game a 4GB memory card and sub to a year of Plus for $50.

Thanks in advance for the help. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Re: How to get by with just a 4GB memory card?

Dec 17, 2012

You can't download content to PC but you can download it to PS3 to install to Vita at a later date.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Ok, it is a problem of small memory card size for sure. Here is a solution

1- Buy the bundle
2- sell the 4GB memory card
3- Buy larger memory card
32 GB >> 79$
16GB >> 44$
8GB >> 24$
prices are taken from Amazon here
http://www.amazon.com/32GB-PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Card/dp/B006JKASCK

Therefore after selling the 4GB card, if u decided to buy 16GB , this means that the total cost of the bundle with this new card is about 270$ which is good i think.

Moreover if u decided to buy cheap 32GB card, the total cost may be 300$ for the bundle with this new card

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (394 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4535 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

I_M_CODE_RED wrote:

You can't download content to PC but you can download it to PS3 to install to Vita at a later date.

It's true, you can't download to PC, but you could download from the Vita and transfer to PC, which would serve the same purpose of storing games on PC to transfer when needed.  It's definitely more convenient with the PS3, but not required.

I have an 8GB card and get by just fine with it.  A larger card would be nice, but I'm sticking with what came with my bundle until prices drop or I have a greater need for it.  A 4GB card would be a little harder to manage, but you can still fit several games on there (depending on the games).  I don't know how much you could sell it for but I don't think it would be much.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Dec 18, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

I_M_CODE_RED wrote:

It's true, you can't download to PC, but you could download from the Vita and transfer to PC, which would serve the same purpose of storing games on PC to transfer when needed.  It's definitely more convenient with the PS3, but not required.

I have an 8GB card and get by just fine with it.  A larger card would be nice, but I'm sticking with what came with my bundle until prices drop or I have a greater need for it.  A 4GB card would be a little harder to manage, but you can still fit several games on there (depending on the games).  I don't know how much you could sell it for but I don't think it would be much.

So, just to make sure, I can download any content to my memory card from my PlayStation Vita, tranfer and store it on my PC, then I can tranfer the content stored on my PC to my memory card whenever I want with no internet required?

I hope tha'ts the case because besides the fact that's the bare minimum of how it should be (it would be better for us if we could download content from our PC and then tranfer to our memory card), that's the only way I'll purchase a PlayStation Vita unless I get a PlayStation Vita, a game I want and a 8GB+ memory card for $300 tops somehow.

I still think either PlayStation 3 and/or PlayStation Vita are too expensive. A PlayStation 3 with 160GB of memory costs $250, a PlayStation Vita with no memory costs $250, a PlayStation 3 with 250GB of memory with Uncharted 3: GotY Edition, a month of Plus and a $30 voucher for use in Dust 514 costs $270, a 250GB PS3 with PSASBR, R&C Collection, Amazon Instant Video credit, a month of Plus and a PS3 Blu ray/Media remote and a 500GB PS3 with AC3 costs $300 and a PSVita with 4GB memory card and AC3:L or CoD:BOD costs $250 and a 3G PSVita with Unit 13, a year of Plus and a 4GB memory card costs $300. Might look a little crazy to understand but you get way more from buying a PS3 than a PSVita for the same price.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (332 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4535 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

You can transfer back and forth, but I'm not sure that you can do it without an internet connection.  I'm unable to test it now, but I know early on at least that it required an internet connection in order to transfer files, even though they had already been downloaded (a method Sony used to protect against piracy).  It would not require you to download the file again though.  I'm not sure if this is still the case, or if the newly-added wifi connectivity option changes anything.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Dec 22, 2012
I want to know too. How does the transferring between computer and Via work? There's no way an internet connection is required because that would be completely dumb and anti consumer.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (263 Views)
0 Likes