Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 20 2013
By: Zantetsukin First Son 7 posts

How to finish the console race.

3 replies 71 views Edited Jun 20, 2013

well sony, As I normally back you, and still will, you have some pressing issues in regard to competition.

Microsoft just buckled and decided not only to remove their 24 check in and sketchy drm policies, but also, go REGION FREE.. (though loosly tmentioned, will it truly be region free in the way that we understand it?)

While many gamers who know how to actually read and use some rational sense as to getting more for their dollar and the difference between the specifications, there will be some who flack back to xbox.

To come on par with what the ps4 offers, they will also have to become multi voltage capable.. there are also some other features many might not care about, but are a plus for us, such as blutooth, not having to swap batteries in controllers, and being COMPLETELY free from the internet if we so choose. They also would have to do something about the Kinect and the $100 price difference.None of those are hard to shore up, and they can easily be on par with the ps4 (minus the difference in hardware power). 

While a rational person will remain in this camp, and ask microsoft, "what can you offer me that Sony cannot?", gamers, largly, are not soo rationaly thinking. And when it comes time to launch at the end of the year, will they have made the system on par and bring more to the table as well?

I say for now do not play all your cards... do not force them to come out afterward with a revised and possibly better system. To combat this.. some things may need to be done.

Most extreme would be, bumping up the power under the hood, via more proc power and ram..Another method can also be to offer some more swag and what not at no cost, as well as working much faster to bring the entire PS library to the ps4 via Gaikai.

other incentives might be to include the EYE, and another controller, while keeping the price no higher than it is but always below MS (I suspect they may abondon the kinect and offer a SLIGHTLY less costly model). I would say also do your best to secure more titles, especially exclusives, as the punches will be counted in that arena next.

and.. ADVERTISE... Sony is far too modest about advertising, and it is amazing the results you can get when you inform your would be consumer base about your products.. slip in facts with those cool explosions... (but please, don't stoop to the MS level of hiring people to post good comments from a "gamer" or any of that viral filth. The TRUTH is what will sell the most here. Show them you have more, for less.

also.. some other apps wouldn't hurt.. ps3 originally was able to run other OS like linux, and I could do ALOT more with that single console.. perhaps some apps that do more than visual entertainment, but things like wordprocessing/editing, apps that allow the customer to customize their UI with a/v features... something.. keep it the machine that still does more, with NO restrictions, no limits.

What ever you do, don't stop, don't come out swinging then turn about and raise your arms too early in assumed victory. Keep coming at them, kick them when their down, deny them any foothold.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (71 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24677 posts

Re: How to finish the console race.

Jun 20, 2013

Sony advertises. "Gamers" don't see it because they don't watch The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Monday Night Football, the NBA, NHL, Major League Baseball, The Daily Show, Colbert, or South Park.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (66 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14911 posts

Jun 20, 2013

tl_f9a86b_2854617.gif

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 20, 2013

nonoo, talking about people in chat rooms/blogs, forums and such who claim to be common "gamers" but are very sripted advertisors.. see, oh.. just about any forums feed/blog about gaming...

a spot in a show is one thing... who doesn't do that? and we, as actual gamers, like to pick it apart and notice the wrong controller for a game, or wrong sounds, or why are they mashing every button rapidly for a game of chess...

totally different/  Viral advertising, one reason xbox 360 ever gained any customers.. a big reson.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (52 Views)
0 Likes