First Son
1 posts

Re: How to change your Country??

Mar 31, 2013

also why can hongkong change username and no other country's, fix that too please...

Message 21 of 32 (2,612 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2547 posts

Apr 1, 2013

izuel87 wrote:

This is something, that sony must attend to. for exemple mine is set on Iceland. whay is that even posseble becouse, it's all as good to be offline as set on this country, (wich I'm from). so I bougt God of war, ancension just for the multyplayer play, and it dosen't work ofc. those games come not cheep. but now I have to create account set on uk. and I will loose all my trophies in other games...   ppl will end up with 2-3 accouts just so they can get, what thay thoght they where buying in the first place. this is extrimly contaminated networking.

Why can't you play Multiplayer if you're from Iceland?

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 22 of 32 (2,609 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 13, 2014

I can't understand why a world renouned corporation couldn't take into account that people travel from place to place. The world is a living nerves system in both the literal and metaforical sense. That it failed to take into account the basic principle of human migration really makes me question their knowlege about consumer needs. Oh well. At least the conversion of energy for the device doesn't seem to be an issue when you travel.

Message 23 of 32 (1,606 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29187 posts

May 13, 2014

X-Europa-Motyl-X wrote:

I can't understand why a world renouned corporation couldn't take into account that people travel from place to place. The world is a living nerves system in both the literal and metaforical sense. That it failed to take into account the basic principle of human migration really makes me question their knowlege about consumer needs. Oh well. At least the conversion of energy for the device doesn't seem to be an issue when you travel.

Sony would rather manage smaller territories and address their needs more directly, than try to manage the great big world as one market. You say they didn't "take into account human migration". This may be a revelation to some seeing that when you enter "Playstation.com" into an address bar, it brings you here, but this is primairly the site for the U.S. and Canada. Very few people in the U.S. "migrate" internationally, unless you're in the military, going to school, or for work. If you move in the U.S., you're most likely moving to another state INSIDE the U.S. So changing countries is not that much of a priority for most. 

The other problem you run into are things like copyright laws which are not universal, monetary restrtictions on banks and differeing exchange rates as well as taxes, and content bans in many countries. Germany has a different version of The Last of Us than the rest of the EU. Does that mean that Sony didn't take into account people from Germany travel? Of course not. They had to comply with German law, so they localized the game to meet that nation's needs. Also consider that many games are BANNED outright in certain countires, and you can actually be IMPRISONED for posessing them. There's also laws against sending money outside of the country in some nations. 

I know it's very hipster to say we're a big global community, but the reality is that we as a people are still VERY tribal when it comes to certain aspects of our daily lives. It's something that doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon either. 

Message 24 of 32 (1,600 Views)
First Son
3 posts

May 21, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Sony would rather manage smaller territories and address their needs more directly, than try to manage the great big world as one market. You say they didn't "take into account human migration". This may be a revelation to some seeing that when you enter "Playstation.com" into an address bar, it brings you here, but this is primairly the site for the U.S. and Canada. Very few people in the U.S. "migrate" internationally, unless you're in the military, going to school, or for work. If you move in the U.S., you're most likely moving to another state INSIDE the U.S. So changing countries is not that much of a priority for most. 

What if I moved from US to CA? I cant use the CA paypal on US account or a CA PSN card amount to the US account. I also dont want to lose the plus games which I downloaded using US account..

Message 25 of 32 (1,555 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29187 posts

May 21, 2014

sab_krit wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

What if I moved from US to CA? I cant use the CA paypal on US account or a CA PSN card amount to the US account. I also dont want to lose the plus games which I downloaded using US account..

If you still plan on using your current account, you'd have to pay for everything in US dollars. You can make multiple accounts for different regions. Many people have UK, US and Japanese accounts to have access to different games in those regions. Your different accounts don't preclude each other, meaning you don't have to delete one account to make another. You do, however, have to pay in the native currency, which will be more expensive due to taxes and exchange rates. 

Message 26 of 32 (1,553 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

May 21, 2014

The_Apprentice wrote:

Techn0mancer wrote:
Nope, you have to create a new account. Sony planned poorly in that respect.

A new account? **bleep**???

That really sucks...cuz I've been using that online user name for so long....

*sigh*

You can keep using your old account as well. I own accounts in the US, UK, and Japan. I use them too,lol

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 27 of 32 (1,552 Views)
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

sab_krit wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

If you still plan on using your current account, you'd have to pay for everything in US dollars. You can make multiple accounts for different regions. Many people have UK, US and Japanese accounts to have access to different games in those regions. Your different accounts don't preclude each other, meaning you don't have to delete one account to make another. You do, however, have to pay in the native currency, which will be more expensive due to taxes and exchange rates. 

Thats an inconvenience right either pay more to keep ur plus games or lose evrything. Why not make the plus, system dependent rather than account dependent. In case if I create a CA account and activate plus for that account in the same system, I can still keep the plus games from the other account.

Or atleast setup some link between the old US account and new CA account or let me change country within the same territory.

Message 28 of 32 (1,548 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 30, 2014

I don't believe you can change your country... 

Message 29 of 32 (1,434 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29187 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2014

sab_krit wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

sab_krit wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Thats an inconvenience right either pay more to keep ur plus games or lose evrything. Why not make the plus, system dependent rather than account dependent. In case if I create a CA account and activate plus for that account in the same system, I can still keep the plus games from the other account.

Or atleast setup some link between the old US account and new CA account or let me change country within the same territory.

Because if something happens to your system, you're SCREWED, and you'd be screaming about how you'd have to spend ANOTHER $50 on Playstation Plus. Despite the popular belief of some, your accounts are for the Network, not the console.

You can't migrate content to different accounts because there are differences in things like monetary exchange laws, and content laws. Even though consoles are region free, content is still localized to comply with those laws.

Message 30 of 32 (1,419 Views)
0 Likes