Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: How to change your Country??

May 5, 2010

guys I have some problem , now i live in Riga- Latvia and I have Russian PSN acc. I have played too many games and i have many prises from games , but soon i will live in  England and i wanna creat english acc, but i don't want loose  my prises , what I can do? 

And  new idea if we will write to official  PS mail to incluse new option " CHANGE COUTRY" maybe they will do?

sorry if anything in my words not write, my english not perfect =]

Message 11 of 31 (2,997 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 22, 2010

this is **bleep**ing ridiculous. as a member if the US armed forces i change locations A LOT. do they really expect every american to be living in the US? could they at least put a military designation code (AE, etc.) in the "STATE/ PROVINCE" block?! I buy stuff online quite often and this is the ONLY time I did not have the capability of puting a APO address in. I also cant belive petitions are banned on here. whats coming to this! what is this 1930s Germany?!

i apologize for ranting, but i find this whole thing disguisting.

Message 12 of 31 (2,997 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 11, 2010
So... how many threads are there with the same stuff in here? Sony,... just allow changing country! This is the era of globalization and internet! Noone stays put in the same place forever!
Message 13 of 31 (2,997 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Dec 12, 2010

Unless worldwide copyright laws change dramatically over the next few years, I don't think Sony will allow you to change your country. And even if they do allow it, it may cancel all your purchases from the regional store (store download list) that your account is linked to. So it's still not great for people who genuinely move around the world.

I just use my US account when I am outside of the US. It works, thank god. Well, at least the gaming store and trophies work perfectly  and that's more than good enough. Only difference is that when my Credit Card billing address changes to an non US address one, I have to buy US PSN Card vouchers. And for any add-on content, I just make sure the regional BD disc and regional add-on content match. For example, if I have an UK Blu-ray game and want to buy add-on content I just use a UK PSN account and buy that content. But even then you can actually PLAY the additional content and collect trophies on the account of your choice!

TBH, I wouldn't want some of the the overseas accounts as they can have inferior store content.

One thing I would like is the ability to use the US video store overseas for those with a US account. After all, you can do this easily with an US itunes account, so it's not too much to ask for in this day and age!

For people who move countries a lot, just stick to one account and use that for your PS3/PSP needs!

But yes, Sony please make ONE global one store for people of the whole world to use, get rid of regional add-on content and strongly fight regional protection as a whole in the future.

Message 14 of 31 (2,997 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 17, 2010

Facing the same problem too. I registered my account while i was in Australia.

I have moved back to Malaysia and i want to keep all my trophies. This sucks.

Message 15 of 31 (2,997 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 28, 2011

Yes that would be good.

Message 16 of 31 (2,997 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

May 9, 2012

yes this is an outrage!!! I can not download any of the map packs for call of duty world at war because my country was set to arab somehting rather, on accident, I had NO IDEA, the country would effect the content and interface of my playstation store! this is so STUPID sony, who the hell is in charge of your polocy, the democrats! LOL

FAIL

Message 17 of 31 (2,997 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Thats bullshi*

What if we changed country i moved from australia to the usa and i dont want to do my trophies again but i want to buy something on the store?

Message 18 of 31 (2,587 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
272 posts

Jan 4, 2013
What we really need is the ability to use any Internation Credic Card.
When I got my PS3 there was no Brazilian PSN yet, so I had to create an US one.
I now have to rely on PSN Cards to buy stuff from the Store since Sony blocks my credic card.
If a game costs 29,99, I have to get two $20 cards to be able to buy it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My PS3 Trophies - Seu Ranking Definitivo
Message 19 of 31 (2,581 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 30, 2013

This is something, that sony must attend to. for exemple mine is set on Iceland. whay is that even posseble becouse, it's all as good to be offline as set on this country, (wich I'm from). so I bougt God of war, ancension just for the multyplayer play, and it dosen't work ofc. those games come not cheep. but now I have to create account set on uk. and I will loose all my trophies in other games...   ppl will end up with 2-3 accouts just so they can get, what thay thoght they where buying in the first place. this is extrimly contaminated networking.

Message 20 of 31 (2,249 Views)
0 Likes