Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 14 2011
By: ParkwayDrive001 First Son 7 posts

How to change NAT type

13 replies 99 views Edited Mar 14, 2011

Hi guys.

I am trying to change my NAT type 3 (strict) to either NAT type 1 or 2. I have read heaps of forums and discussions and tried everything but I just can't figure it out.

Heres my details:

NAT type: 3

Computer: Mac

IP address: 10.0.2.2

Wireless

Router: D-Link DSL-504G

Using DHCP

I am trying to play online with my friends on Modern Warfare 2.

Hopefully thats enough details. : )

Message 2 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: How to change NAT type

Mar 14, 2011

How about your Internet connection? Cable or DSL?

What have you tried?

If you're using DSL have you tried putting your modem into bridged mode?  And you can edit out your MAC address. No one needs to know that.

Message 1 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 14, 2011

Solar_Difusion wrote:

How about your Internet connection? Cable or DSL?

What have you tried?

If you're using DSL have you tried putting your modem into bridged mode?  And you can edit out your MAC address. No one needs to know that.

It is a DSL but I haven't tried putting it into bridged mode. To do that, don't you have to enter your IP address into your browser, if so, i've tried that but it doesn't seem to work on Firefox or Safari.

Message 3 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Mar 14, 2011

Might be an issue for you then.

But yes, you enter the modem's IP Address, and put it into bridged mode.

You might have to change settings on your router's config pages as well (like adding your ISP e-mail or username and password) so that your router gets the appropriate settings.

But yeah, you'll need to be able to get to the config pages, and if you cannot, you're not going to be able to do anything even if you get your ISP on the phone.

Can you use a Windows PC to get Internet Explorer to use to configure the router and modem?

Message 4 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 14, 2011

Solar_Difusion wrote:

Can you use a Windows PC to get Internet Explorer to use to configure the router and modem?

Well, we do have a Windows PC on an Ethernet cable connected to the router. I will try it, hopefully it will succeed.

Message 5 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Mar 14, 2011

K. You may need your ISP's help with it.  They may require a setting (PPPOE) that needs a username and password.

This is usually ISP Assigned, and may be your ISP assigned e-mail address and password for that e-mail account.

After you put your modem into bridged mode, you may need to configure your router's WAN port to get it's settings through PPPOE and it may need the login info.

Message 6 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 14, 2011

The IP address didn't work in the browser damn it. All it did was load for about 2 minutes and say it could not connect to the webpage. I used Internet explorer aswell. Should I try something else? I used the IP address under Settings>Network Settings>Settings and Connection Status List from my PS3 which was the 10.0.2.2. I also realised my IP was different to most other peoples, usually theirs are like 192.168.0.1 or something. Is it because I have a Mac or my router is differnt or something???

Message 7 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Mar 14, 2011

hello am also having problems with online on gt 5 everytime i go in to online lobby race it disconnects me i checked my ps3 and it say NAT type 2 but it kicks me out of lobby rooms everytime i get in so i never could play online i have 2 laptop am wondering if that could why it slows it down or is it because my router sucks am not sure i have netgear router  i had to get a different one cause my linksys ran out of warranty

Message 8 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Mar 14, 2011

ParkwayDrive001 wrote:

The IP address didn't work in the browser damn it. All it did was load for about 2 minutes and say it could not connect to the webpage. I used Internet explorer aswell. Should I try something else? I used the IP address under Settings>Network Settings>Settings and Connection Status List from my PS3 which was the 10.0.2.2. I also realised my IP was different to most other peoples, usually theirs are like 192.168.0.1 or something. Is it because I have a Mac or my router is differnt or something???

It makes no difference what the IP address is, your router is just configured differently.

But you do need to have the correct address of the Modem.  It's usually printed on the modem somewhere, with a serial number, mac address, etc.

Message 9 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
695 posts

Mar 15, 2011

you would have to enter the IP of the router, in this case, it may be 10.0.0.1, since it is a DLink. and the default username is Admin, and default password is password.

Message 10 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Likes