Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Re: How much do u think it will cost?And what colors

Apr 16, 2011

yes sir and that metallica black just represents PS and all it's essences. Sad another reason I hate the slims. Matte Black really SNEA.

And I have never really done the skins thing. I just have to wide of a variety of games to devote my console to look in one way. Now if there was a PSN design or a PS+ design or skin I would do that. But no further. As it is I have always got wallpapers and themes that fit my game collection and my interests. And I change those like shoes. 83 ptf 472 wallpapers for psp and 567p3t and seemingly unlimited wallpapers for my PS3. I never have a boring XMB

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 31 of 41 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Apr 16, 2011

around $400 and only in black

Message 32 of 41 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 16, 2011

StuByph wrote:

yes sir and that metallica black just represents PS and all it's essences. Sad another reason I hate the slims. Matte Black really SNEA.

And I have never really done the skins thing. I just have to wide of a variety of games to devote my console to look in one way. Now if there was a PSN design or a PS+ design or skin I would do that. But no further. As it is I have always got wallpapers and themes that fit my game collection and my interests. And I change those like shoes. 83 ptf 472 wallpapers for psp and 567p3t and seemingly unlimited wallpapers for my PS3. I never have a boring XMB

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I only have like one pair of shoes XD

But they are black with some white, so they go with everything

I have started changing my PS3 wallpaper and themes more! It is pretty awesome to find a combination you really like!

I wish there was a "download all" options for the free wallpapers!

Message 33 of 41 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Apr 16, 2011

theUSEDguy wrote:

around $400 and only in black

It will be in white as well, they showed it in one of the videos from January where they had the Black and the White one on display at a conference in Japan! But not sure if the white one will be released when the NGP is launched. I hope so because that is the one I really want; it looks great!!

Message 34 of 41 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 16, 2011

Around $400 and in different colors.If not then there will be skins for it.

Get your Portable ID!Made You Read This...MIND FREAK! IM NOT ALWAYS A RACIST BUT WHEN I AM IT'S ON XBOX LIVE. Raptor Jesus....He went Extinct for our sins http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/Aragon101/RaptorJesus-vs-FSM2.jpg?t=1259971737 http://lee.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/raptor-jesus.jpg
Message 35 of 41 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Apr 16, 2011

SCE usually releases the white and silver ones to select members of the media (press & testers mainly.), people who worked on the project, and a few select employees 1st, while the general public get only black ...for the time being.

most of the time Japans general public will get the 1st sets of public silvers and whites, then they get their pastel colors(Pastels are like japans thing lol) as the USA and EUR gets the silver, whites and colors at once the colors very too. The USA usually gets solid basic colors as JAPan gets pastels and EUR gets the metalics. then eventually we all end up with all the same stuff in the end...

this is just something i've observed over the years its mainly a Sony and seemingly Square Enix thing. they do it so they appease all gaming nations, all fan bases JAPan, EUR, and USA. they send out what each area/nation would statistically prefer they get this info from public surveys and other means... opinions etc. and when someone wants another color before it its their nation you always have ebay lol...

I personally would much rather have black over white anyways, less stains. i also prefer the matte over shiny gloss, less finger prints

As for pricing its hard to say at this moment in time, always is. Sony never sets a definate price guide until about a month or two before launch

but reading up on all the features this NGP has its going to be pretty pricey... and seeing how everything is starting to have options in system selection (e.g 40g 80g 160gslim or Xbox and their core or extreme options as they call them) im sure there will be multiple system options which will in turn vary the price options with the NGP as well... but keep in mind this is just the trends i've noticed since the PS2 launched. SCE does all this with controllers too lol

Guess work

im sure we here in the US will only be getting the black ones 1st. it'll probably cost as low as 300$ for the basic package and probably about 500$ for the full package.(assuming they give us all system options) if not then ill say we are all stuck paying around 400$

oh however i did hear that for the 3G access its going to require a monthly payment plan kind of like a cell phone plan... i pay around 40$ a month just for my 3G USB modems 3G network (i dont know what the pricing will actually be this is just an example) however you can still piggyback on open wifi hotspots

(tidbit: you can often find free wifi outside of library's, inside airports and around hotels that have wireless service)

Message 36 of 41 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 17, 2011

Well when I was at GameStop pre ordering mine they told me $300 and what color did I want black or white. I chose black. But that could be the preorder deal and since I do so I get to choose from the two colors.

And they have only showed black and white they have not showed any other colors for the NGP at all as of yet.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 37 of 41 (3 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12342 posts

Apr 17, 2011

The $300 price from Gamestop is just tentative, nothing's set in stone. How do I know? I asked my friend who works there and that's what he told me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 38 of 41 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 17, 2011

Yea the GameStoppers at my stop are my friends too. And they still looked at the computer and said it is "saying" $300. So I feel good saying $300 just so no one thinks says or feels anything under that.

Basically the NGP will make you say (if you are in the position) "Do I want to get a PS3 or a NGP?"

And I completly forgot to say I want a 3G model too.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 39 of 41 (3 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12342 posts

Apr 17, 2011

Why would you want the 3G version? I mean, who wants to pay monthly for internet service? Especially if you have a smartphone and are already paying for that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 40 of 41 (3 Views)
0 Likes