I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Re: How much do trophies really mean to you?

Jan 16, 2011

They mean nothing to me.

Message 11 of 43 (44 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 16, 2011

To me a lot, because then i can really show what i did on my games. Also i like finishing games wtih a a platinum trophy then i can sell my games to buy new games!

Also, sometimes my friends tell me oh i got this trophy and brag about it, so then i can brag with the hardest trophies>!

-AncientBloodLord
Message 12 of 43 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
353 posts

Jan 16, 2011

Trophies mean a lot to me, especially considering I worked my butt off to earn them all LEGITIMATELY.  Now hackers claim that there is a tool that can automatically earn trophies....that just ruins the trophy system, Sony needs to start issuing bans like Microsoft does, MS doesn't take steps to counteract hacks but atleast they issue bans to those who cheat.

For me to have worked over 30 hours in Naruto shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 and then a hacker can earn all thoe trophies in a matter of seconds is complete BUL&#&$

Photobucket

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 43 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Mar 30, 2011

Trophies mean nothing to me.  I will play a game because it is fun and I enjoy it.  As soon as the game isn't fun anymore I quit playing.  Whatever trophies I have at that time is what I'll have.

http://www.mygranturismo.net/10810

BF3 Stats
Message 14 of 43 (44 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1344 posts

Mar 30, 2011

I'd say 50% of my care of my PSN Trophies. And the other 50% is just about gameplay, communicating with people, etc; Trophies are good to show off to your friends and what not, it also gives you achievements for things during gameplay.

Message 15 of 43 (44 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1344 posts

Mar 30, 2011

K_Roivas wrote:

Not important to me at all. I do not have a single platinum trophy I have 142 trophies but I cannot be bothered with unlocking everything in order to complete a platinum trophy or getting the on-line trophies. I just play the game if I unlock a trophy great. But I just cannot be bothered with finding every secret,or doing every side quest etc. to collect trophies for the task.

I gotta agree man. Unlocking everything just to get platinum is just a waste of time. I wouldn't play the entire day just to get it. There are some games that can easily get 100%.

Message 16 of 43 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Apr 23, 2012

Trophies are your gaming resume.  They tell everything about you.  If you want a career in the gaming industry, then your trophies should mean everything to you. 

For many of you the PS3 was your first gaming console and you haven't experienced gaming without trophies.  I've been gaming since Pong and I've had Atari, Nintendo, Dreamcast, Xbox 1 and 2, Playstation 1-3.  Years ago I would buy a game and once I beat it the challenge was over and that game would either collect dust or I would sell it at a pawn shop or game store.  I wasn't the kind of person that would keep playing a game after I beat it.  But not too long ago trophies came to be and suddenly I had another reason to keep playing a game after beating it.  Sure, today I still get burned out and sell or trade-in my used games, but because of trophies, I play my games more and keep them longer. 

Trophies prolong the life of all games.  If not for trophies, many of the our favorite multiplayer games would die off much faster.  So you may not be much of a trophy advocate, but they are why your favorite online game is still going strong 2-3 years after release. In the past, there would typically be a small handfull of great games and their communities would thrive for several years.  But today is a different time.  Never in history have gamers been confronted with the options in entertainment we have today.  There are too many salivating, draw dropping titles to keep track of.  Gamers can't decide what they want to play.  As soon as they dive into a great game, a greater one comes out and they move on.  The ones that stay are typically the ones that strive for that 100%.

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Message 17 of 43 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Apr 23, 2012

i dont care about them unless i really love the game. most games are too much of a pain to bother unlocking all the trophies and require you do play certain ways you might not enjoy.

Message 18 of 43 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Apr 23, 2012

thats hilarious,the gaming industry can careless about your trophies if you was looking to get work with them...i about busted a gut on that one..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 19 of 43 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Apr 23, 2012

They really don't mean much to me. With my Xbox I was addicted to getting achievements and was getting out of control. But now with my ps3 I feel lke I can just play the game and not worry about trophies just enjoys the game like it used to be with the old school systems. Thanks to Sony for breaking my bad habit lol.

Message 20 of 43 (44 Views)