Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 13 2011
By: zskillz6891 First Son 12 posts

How much do trophies really mean to you?

42 replies 181 views Edited Jan 13, 2011

How much do trophies really mean to you?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 43 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Re: How much do trophies really mean to you?

Jan 13, 2011

Not a lot. For me, they represent more of a list of challenges to try, rather than something I'm being awarded. Whatever trophies I get as a natural part of playing a game is generally what I end up with, although I will go back to try to get some of the other trophies that seem like a fun challenge, but not for the purpose of completing a trophy list.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 43 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1847 posts

Jan 13, 2011

trophies to me are what brains are to zombies.... but the slow kinda zombies lol

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 43 (181 Views)
Wastelander
774 posts

Jan 13, 2011

bh-alienux wrote:

Not a lot. For me, they represent more of a list of challenges to try, rather than something I'm being awarded. Whatever trophies I get as a natural part of playing a game is generally what I end up with, although I will go back to try to get some of the other trophies that seem like a fun challenge, but not for the purpose of completing a trophy list.

Agreed.  I completed GOW III just to get 1 Platinum but decided against completing any other game that I have.  Some provide a challenge but thats it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 43 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7687 posts

Jan 14, 2011

They don't mean a whole lot to me.  On my first playthrough, whatever trophies I get, are usually what I'll end up with.  I don't have the urge to platinum every game that supports trophies.  However, if there are some trophies that are easy to get, then I'll try and get them.  If it's part of a side mission, I'll try and complete the side mission to get it, but if it's like collecting 200 flags, coins, feathers, or whatever, then I'll usually leave that be.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 43 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jan 14, 2011

they mean alot to me it shows tht u r good at completing games and a good gamer i love trophies

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMidWestWarriors?feature=mhee
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 43 (181 Views)
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 14, 2011

Not important to me at all. I do not have a single platinum trophy I have 142 trophies but I cannot be bothered with unlocking everything in order to complete a platinum trophy or getting the on-line trophies. I just play the game if I unlock a trophy great. But I just cannot be bothered with finding every secret,or doing every side quest etc. to collect trophies for the task.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 43 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Jan 14, 2011

i could careless if they went away. right now they are meaningless if say every 100 trophies you got a free game off the PS Store or free avatar etc. then that might make me want to try to get trophies, but i play a game because i like it not because i want to have more trophies then so and so on my friends list.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 43 (181 Views)
First Son
30 posts

Jan 15, 2011

Trophy Addict that's all i have to say

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 43 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Jan 15, 2011

Made me play through God of War and now i am working on the GoW 2 plat. Doubt i would have considered giving a missed last gen series a chance without the trophies, was an awesome game  glad i didnt pass this one up.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 43 (181 Views)
0 Likes