Jun 29 2010
By: guitalex2007 I Only Post Everything 1002 posts

How much did you spend and how much have you saved with PSN+?

17 replies 13 views Edited Jun 29, 2010

Paid:

Service $49.99 (divided by 15 months would amount to about $3.34/month)

Fat Princess DLC Fat Roles (with discount): $3.99

Gauntlet II (with discount): $2.50

Rampage (with discount(: $2.50

Total: $58.98 ($12.33 if we count that PSN+ is roughly $3.34/month at the current special rate)

Discounts:

Fat Roles: $1.00

Gauntlet II: $2.49

Rampage: $2.49

Total: $5.98

Free Add-Ons (you keep these as long as the main game is active):

Cuboid - $4.99

Warhawk - don't remember, but I think $4.99

Total: $9.98

Plus a Qore subscription for a year, divided by 12 months would be about:

$2.09/month

- I'm not going to add Wipeout HD because it will deactivate when the time has passed.

- I'm not going to count the two Fat Princess avatars because it is unknown if in the future these will be free or premium, and what the price would be.

So, so far I paid:

$58.98

Got discounts for the amount of:

$5.98 (already accounted for above)

And add-ons for the amount of:

$9.98

And Qore for one month (judging by the lower yearly price):

$2.09

So the total investment so far is actually:

$59.98 - 9.98 - 2.09 = $47.91

For a savings of $12.08. Not bad.  If I consider the Plus as a monthly cost instead (about $3.34 per month since we get 15 in America), then for this month $12.33 is the investment (without counting paying the other 14 months in advance, that is).

With this in mind, assuming that PSN+ only cost me $3.34 this month, the total investment is:

$12.33 - $9.98 - $2.09 = -$0.25

So this month, my PSN+ was worth it, since I saved a total of one quarter , plus I got $5.98 worth of discounts.

Hey, as long as it's not a positive number, I'm fine with it lol

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
601 posts

Re: How much did you spend and how much have you saved with PSN+?

Jun 29, 2010
So it cost $50 for 15 months? Simple question.
PS360 owner!
So I can bash either system if I choose to.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Jun 29, 2010

JoshF24 wrote:
So it cost $50 for 15 months? Simple question.

I'm not sure if it's an introductory offer only, but yes.  I paid $49.99 for 15 months.  That is only in America, however.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2702 posts

Jun 29, 2010

I've probably spent close to $1000 since joining the PSN. Hopefully PS+ will save me some money.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jun 29, 2010

This is kinda the reason for my thread.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Jun 29, 2010

a_dirty_Shisno wrote:

Your thread, however, has a flaw.  It erroneously ASSUMES the player will download everything that is discounted from the store.

Another flaw your thread has is that it doesn't add the actual amount spent for a TRUE savings analysis.  Sure, you can get $1.00 off of Fat Princess's DLC Fat Roles, but you ARE paying $3.99 for it.

Effectively, even though it shows you're saving $108.85, it doesn't show how much you're spending.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jun 29, 2010

guitalex2007 wrote:

a_dirty_Shisno wrote:

Your thread, however, has a flaw.  It erroneously ASSUMES the player will download everything that is discounted from the store.

Another flaw your thread has is that it doesn't add the actual amount spent for a TRUE savings analysis.  Sure, you can get $1.00 off of Fat Princess's DLC Fat Roles, but you ARE paying $3.99 for it.

Effectively, even though it shows you're saving $108.85, it doesn't show how much you're spending.

If you define "savings" as only being "true savings" when you get a return then you'll never see savings, ever.

You always have to spend money to see the savings.  When you go buy a $1000 tv on sale for $600 on Black Friday, you've just saved $400. Yes you spend $200 more than you save, but savings doesn't just start when you save 50%.  The way you make it sound you need to spend $499 on that tv in order to call it "true savings" and that just doesn't make sense.  The only way to see your "true savings" at that point is to not spend money at all.

Now, as to the supposed "flaw" in my thread, the point of the thread is to supply you with the itemization of all the savings so you can calculate out what you save.  You can calculate it out however you choose to find your "true savings".

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
914 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Dirty...you got all that right!! You must do good with your taxes..LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Jun 29, 2010

a_dirty_Shisno wrote:

guitalex2007 wrote:

a_dirty_Shisno wrote:

If you define "savings" as only being "true savings" when you get a return then you'll never see savings, ever.

You always have to spend money to see the savings.  When you go buy a $1000 tv on sale for $600 on Black Friday, you've just saved $400. Yes you spend $200 more than you save, but savings doesn't just start when you save 50%.  The way you make it sound you need to spend $499 on that tv in order to call it "true savings" and that just doesn't make sense.  The only way to see your "true savings" at that point is to not spend money at all.

Now, as to the supposed "flaw" in my thread, the point of the thread is to supply you with the itemization of all the savings so you can calculate out what you save.  You can calculate it out however you choose to find your "true savings".

"Feel free to calculate what you do save to see what you get out of PlayStation Plus."

(That's what you said, and that's what I did.  I might as well not have done it if I knew I was going to get jumped on for doing math.)

The math is simple: IF you save an amount equal to what you spend on PSN+ subscription ONLY then you're good.

Meaning, if you got a year +3 months, for $49.99 you did 15 months.  That's $3.34.  If you saved $3.34, THEN you saved something and it was worth the purchase.  Hard to justify a savings of $10 when you paid $3.34 for the chance to (you only then saved $6.66... TRUE savings, not counting the fee payment)

The logic about the TV is wrong if you assume that the service that saved you $400 on that TV actually cost you $500.  Because that's exactly what this is.  You're PAYING A SUBSCRIPTION FEE to SAVE MONEY.  Only if your savings are larger than the cost of the subscription for the MONTH are there any true savings.

You can't possibly say that paying $3.34 a month for a $1.00 savings on the Fat Princess DLC is a good deal; not with a straight face, unless the person downloads something ELSE to add value.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jun 29, 2010

SouthernSaltine wrote:

Dirty...you got all that right!! You must do good with your taxes..LOL

I'm only a college student.  I make hardly any money.  :smileysad:

Not enough to be taxed though!  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (13 Views)
0 Likes