Jan 31 2014
By: MLPixler Lombax Warrior 145 posts

How many playthroughs on Knack?

[ Edited ]
6 replies 265 views Edited Feb 1, 2014

How many playthroughs did it take you until you collected all gadget parts and all Knack pieces? I'm on my third playthrough and I need one more piece for one more gadget and need to unlock three more Knacks, including Diamond Knack. I keep getting pieces for the Knacks that I've already unlocked. It's frusterating. 

--

Meowstro Edit: I've updated your thread label. More information about Labels Best Practices in PS General.

Message 1 of 7 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Re: how many playthroughs on Knack?

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2014

Have you tried the mobile app? You can earn pieces there and sync it back to your game, I believe. It might be something different to play if you're tired of the actual game.

Message 2 of 7 (261 Views)
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jan 31, 2014

Thanks man, I'll have to do that!

Message 3 of 7 (255 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39473 posts

Feb 1, 2014

MLPixler wrote:

Thanks man, I'll have to do that!

I did two compete playthroughs, I also utilized the IOS Application.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 7 (220 Views)
MVP Support
10911 posts

Feb 1, 2014

I got all of the gadget parts on my first playthrough, and all of the Knacks (except Diamond) on my second.  I am now on my fifth playthrough and still only have one diamond.  iOS app is useless at this point for me, I don't think you can earn diamonds from it.

Message 5 of 7 (201 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Re: How many playthroughs on Knack?

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2014
It took me 3 playthroughts on normal to get everything. Add people who play knack and when you open a chest it will give you a list of items friends got out of that chest and you can pick what item you need, but diamonds. Add me if you want psn: k1rkworm. Here is a site I got my knack friends from http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704522-knack/67847742?page=9.
Message 6 of 7 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Re: How many playthroughs on Knack?

Feb 1, 2014

:^/ I think I played though about four times before I had collected enough diamonds for Diamond Knack. After that, I used him for Hard and Very Hard modes. Interestingly, Very Hard mode wasn't really that much more challenging than Hard mode.

I learned that diamonds are not able to be copied from your friends, which feels like a cheat on the developer's part. Extended replay value should not feel forced. The player reacts to his platinum trophy with a sigh of relief, telling himself "now I don't have to do that anymore," the developer has done something wrong. A good showman always leaves the audience wanting a little bit more, instead of a lotta bit less....

Message 7 of 7 (165 Views)
0 Likes