Fender Bender
4038 posts

Re: How many of you Vita owners do NOT have a PS3?

Jan 22, 2013
I'm not at a disadvantage for not having a ps3 lol.
Message 11 of 26 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2530 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Gamble_STARS wrote:
I'm not at a disadvantage for not having a ps3 lol.

To some extent, we are at a disadvantage on things like PSP / PSX compatibility, not being able to do the whole transfer thing because Sony of America is too incompetent at keeping up with the other branches is kind of a low blow~.

Message 12 of 26 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Before purchasing my Vita, that last console I owned was an original PlayStation.

I am a PC gamer...my Steam library is way too big, with way too many games I've never touched.

I bought my Vita because 1) it gives me access to some console-only franchises, and 2) it gives me a more viable portable gaming solution than my iPhone or iPad does. Any multi-platform title, I'd always choose PC, so there's no real point for me to buy a PS3.

In addition, I often watch TV while gaming on either my PC or Vita, something I wouldn't be able to efficiently do with a PS3 (not going to set up a second TV, nor would I want to use P&P since it wouldn't provide audio for both).

Do I feel I'm at a disadvantage for not owning a PS3? Not really. Cross-Buy provides an advantage to PS3 owners, but doesn't create a disadvantage for Vita owners....I bought PSABR for $20, much cheaper than I've ever seen the PS3 version sell for.
 PS3 + Vita owners get better value out of PS+, but it's still worth it for Vita alone, so I can't complain (though I wish they'd start giving us better Vita IGC games, especially exclusive ones, aka. not ones available for PS3 as well).

Overall, I'm definitely happy with my Vita purchase and have no intention on ever buying a PS3, and very litle intention on buying a PS4, whenever the hell that'd come out. My PC beats any console, especially since I'm building a new one right now.

Message 13 of 26 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2530 posts

Jan 22, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Overall, I'm definitely happy with my Vita purchase and have no intention on ever buying a PS3, and very litle intention on buying a PS4, whenever the hell that'd come out. My PC beats any console, especially since I'm building a new one right now.

While this is true, if anything you nailed it with the Steam part. Steam is just what any digital store should aspire to be, PC users get the most out of their money thanks to things like Steam and even GoG~.

Message 14 of 26 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Yeah, I love Steam.

I've bought less console games in the last couple years thanks to Steam. Just knowing I can still play them when I next upgrade my PC is great. Consoles seem to be moving away from this, and I like being able to use one device that can play games from 10+ years ago. I can bring them with me on my laptop or hook it up to my 3DTV and surround sound and play with m/kb or console controller. Add to that all Steams sales, 4 pack deals that you can gift to friends. Great Stuff.

I also agree with, "Liking to be able to game while something is playing on my TV, even if it's while my Wife is watching her shows."

Edit: @Deaofly. You're in the wrong thread. It's asking "How many of you Vita owners do NOT have a PS3?" :smileywink:

Message 15 of 26 (137 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5238 posts

Jan 22, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Before purchasing my Vita, that last console I owned was an original PlayStation.

I am a PC gamer...my Steam library is way too big, with way too many games I've never touched.

I bought my Vita because 1) it gives me access to some console-only franchises, and 2) it gives me a more viable portable gaming solution than my iPhone or iPad does. Any multi-platform title, I'd always choose PC, so there's no real point for me to buy a PS3.

In addition, I often watch TV while gaming on either my PC or Vita, something I wouldn't be able to efficiently do with a PS3 (not going to set up a second TV, nor would I want to use P&P since it wouldn't provide audio for both).

Do I feel I'm at a disadvantage for not owning a PS3? Not really. Cross-Buy provides an advantage to PS3 owners, but doesn't create a disadvantage for Vita owners....I bought PSABR for $20, much cheaper than I've ever seen the PS3 version sell for.
 PS3 + Vita owners get better value out of PS+, but it's still worth it for Vita alone, so I can't complain (though I wish they'd start giving us better Vita IGC games, especially exclusive ones, aka. not ones available for PS3 as well).

I primarily game on consoles (which is part of the problem I'll mention), but use PC if it's cheaper and I know I can run it.  Steam sales and indie bundles tend to be much cheaper, so while I do have a large backlog anyway, my Steam backlog in particular is horrible.  I haven't even finished 20% of my Steam games. 

Message 16 of 26 (129 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3134 posts

Jan 22, 2013
@ UnrealButcher....My reply was for magicx11 when he said alot of old people on these forums lol.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 17 of 26 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Jan 22, 2013
The only thing i'd say to that xClayMeow as a PC gamer myself is most of the best PS3 games are NOT available on PC or available on Vita. PC's have and will always blow away consoles from a PURELY spec point of view but when most of the better exclusives for sony are only for their console their is quite a large amount you miss out on. If we were talking about the Xbox i'd agree as most of their hits are also available on PC. PC's for gaming really have become more or less ""MMO BOXES"(Which honestly is what i use mine for) really as those are the biggest money makers on PC's right now and piracy just runs rampant on anything else to the point even Epic studios never released Gears of war 3 normally a game out for Xbox and PC due to it.
PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
Vita 2000 (Slim) Black Borderlands 2 bundle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 18 of 26 (122 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I own get ready
atari2600 5 games
nes 50 games
pc 30 old games 21 released in the oos
gb 5
gbc 13
gba 50+
ds 50+
psp 26
snes 208
n64 106
gc 104
xbox 80+
ps 1 120+
ps2 90+
ps3 39
wii 140+ all vc included
xbox360 310 xbla included
gamegear 13
dc 29 since my th2 broke
saturn 5 games
sega cd 3 games
genesis over 40
3ds 77 vc included 25 retail
and my favorite wiiu 10 retail plus all six available eshop games

Message 19 of 26 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2530 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Did the N64 even have 106 games~?
Message 20 of 26 (101 Views)
0 Likes