Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 04 2010
By: GameGhost Lombax Warrior 106 posts

How many accounts/users?

3 replies 11 views Edited Jul 4, 2010

I just bought Plus, and I noticed it only gives a plus symbol to the main user. But of course other users can play the games. What exactly is different for the main user and the pther accounts on my PS3? and i guess does it really matter if we have 1 or many PLUS accounts? And of course, I really hate to see this go the way of the gold on my other game system...I had gold once and never re-upped it. It''s lame! And I suspect I will NOT re-up my PLUS account either. Mainly since everyting I want to do is free anyway. For now I just got 1 year to give it a try. But really, after we gamers spend so much on the consoles, and the $60 games, and our internet connection etc..... really? REALLY? should we be paying a subscription fee?  LOL

Any way I bought it to give it a shot, but after this i really doubt Sony like M$ has enough to entice me to re-up the Plus. Esp since PSN is basically free... that is all I need. Extras are'nt all that. And as for GOLD....I just NEVER play online games...and subsequently M$ NEVER gets $50 a year out of me. SWEEET!  As long as PSN is free, I'll stick to NON PLUS when it expires. Why buy when you can do it free?  duh

------

Caveat emptor...You buy it- you own it. if it sucks, too bad. hope it's a good game...No Demo no Dolla !!!!!

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3dlgames&thread.id=178065
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8085 posts

Re: How many accounts/users?

Jul 4, 2010

The main difference is that the main account is the one that paid for PSN+ and is the PSN+ Member.  You can take your PSN+ User ID, put it on another PS3 and download the PSN+ content again to be used on that system.  I believe, just like other PSN content, the PSN+ membership can be used on up to 5 PS3s.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Jul 4, 2010

So other users on my PS3 have all the benefits (whatever all of them are)? That is perhaps one cool thing compared to GOLD (1 user 1 account etc.) Thats part of the reason I NEVER re-upped my GOLD...buying 1 gold for every user is like buying a mailbox for every internet user in your house.... it's just bogus. But if PSPLUS goes for the entire box and my users, then thats cool!

GOLD sucks, maybe Plus is a bit better  

------

Caveat emptor...You buy it- you own it. if it sucks, too bad. hope it's a good game...No Demo no Dolla !!!!!

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3dlgames&thread.id=178065
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8085 posts

Jul 4, 2010

Yep.  All it takes is one PSN+ membership for all users of the same PS3.  The account is tied to the user, the content can be played by anyone using that PS3, provided the PSN+ member's ID remains on it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (11 Views)
0 Likes