Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 11/21/2005
Offline
431 posts
 

Re: How many Vita's do you think sold during launch?

Feb 24, 2012

I was going to purchase one during lunch but they were sold out at best buys.

i imagine alot of people picked one up during their lunch break.

Message 51 of 65 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/14/2012
Offline
842 posts
 

Re: How many Vita's do you think sold during launch?

Feb 24, 2012

When do i ever spread lies?

I have never talked about anything untrue intentionally, I only list speculation from other users or stuff I read about from blogs. If it is false, its not my fault, and I do my best to correct it should that happen.

Example 1: "From what I hear the vitas arn't selling well, and corporate is already jumping ship towards support on other products/3DS (supposidly)." This is obviously a speculation statement.

Example 2: The TacoBell ripping off people their Vita is true. there are tons of posts about it on this forum, including several blogs and Youtube Videos on it. A reported 15 people contacted TacoBells corporate office and they were told that their winnings are "Not Valid", thus they were scammed from their Vita, and what of the other thousands who won? According to TacoBell, they were giving away one every 15 minutes- more like ripping someone off every 15 minutes.

Message 52 of 65 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13655 posts
 

Re: How many Vita's do you think sold during launch?

Feb 24, 2012

Ming_Dragon wrote:

When do i ever spread lies?

I have never talked about anything untrue intentionally, I only list speculation from other users or stuff I read about from blogs. If it is false, its not my fault, and I do my best to correct it should that happen.

Example 1: "From what I hear the vitas arn't selling well, and corporate is already jumping ship towards support on other products/3DS (supposidly)." This is obviously a speculation statement.

Example 2: The TacoBell ripping off people their Vita is true. there are tons of posts about it on this forum, including several blogs and Youtube Videos on it. A reported 15 people contacted TacoBells corporate office and they were told that their winnings are "Not Valid", thus they were scammed from their Vita, and what of the other thousands who won? According to TacoBell, they were giving away one every 15 minutes- more like ripping someone off every 15 minutes.

That's because people who won could share the URL page to someone else and they would also get the "You Won" message and therefore thousands more people claimed they won and had "proof' when they really didn't.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 53 of 65 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/08/2009
Offline
30 posts
 

Re: How many Vita's do you think sold during launch?

Feb 25, 2012

Here in SoCal

Brother In law works at target, all vita models were sold out by noon since launch day and they only have a few games left on shells/stocks.

The best buys in my are have been getting shipments everyday and they sell out by closing time. And they sold out of most games.

Same goes for gamestops here. I have 4 that I have gone too since launch days.

Oh and Walmart only carried 4 games and a couple of VITAs. They weren't really advertising it or supporting it. Damn punks.

And my near is blowing up like a mofo. So my estimation, I HAVE NO F'n IDEA

Message 54 of 65 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
2362 posts
 

Re: How many Vita's do you think sold during launch?

Feb 25, 2012

@action it is up to Sony to get walmart onboard and get a presence in their stores, it worries me if what you say is true that sony may not be doing a good job promoting and getting the vita out there.

Message 55 of 65 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/12/2007
Offline
1727 posts
 

Re: How many Vita's do you think sold during launch?

Feb 25, 2012

Ming_Dragon wrote:

When do i ever spread lies?

I have never talked about anything untrue intentionally, I only list speculation from other users or stuff I read about from blogs. If it is false, its not my fault, and I do my best to correct it should that happen.

Example 1: "From what I hear the vitas arn't selling well, and corporate is already jumping ship towards support on other products/3DS (supposidly)." This is obviously a speculation statement.

Example 2: The TacoBell ripping off people their Vita is true. there are tons of posts about it on this forum, including several blogs and Youtube Videos on it. A reported 15 people contacted TacoBells corporate office and they were told that their winnings are "Not Valid", thus they were scammed from their Vita, and what of the other thousands who won? According to TacoBell, they were giving away one every 15 minutes- more like ripping someone off every 15 minutes.

Translation: I spread lies.



Message 56 of 65 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: How many Vita's do you think sold during launch?

Feb 25, 2012

Everytime I check NEAR in whatever location I am in I see about 16 Vita users on the radar. Not bad. This is NY though. I can't speak for the rest of the country.

Message 57 of 65 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/16/2012
Offline
142 posts
 

Re: How many Vita's do you think sold during launch?

Feb 25, 2012

The game section in wal mart has about 5-6 vitas still, but only 5 games left/ on display.

I bought the system with Uncharted in mind. I ended up getting a 2 year AD plan, 32GB card, 6 more games, all within a week of the official launch.

I'm hooked.

I have ~90 people on NEAR at any given time. I have nothing but the best wishes for Sony. I haven't loved a handheld this much since the original game boy. Now I am an old man, but this Vita is really cool. I'm probably slightly out of the target demographic for the system.

It is really strange that people still haven't even heard about it. But anyone who knows me, knows I can't shut up about it. I love the thing.

Message 58 of 65 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13655 posts
 

Re: How many Vita's do you think sold during launch?

Feb 25, 2012

COHEED__ wrote:

The game section in wal mart has about 5-6 vitas still, but only 5 games left/ on display.

I bought the system with Uncharted in mind. I ended up getting a 2 year AD plan, 32GB card, 6 more games, all within a week of the official launch.

I'm hooked.

I have ~90 people on NEAR at any given time. I have nothing but the best wishes for Sony. I haven't loved a handheld this much since the original game boy. Now I am an old man, but this Vita is really cool. I'm probably slightly out of the target demographic for the system.

It is really strange that people still haven't even heard about it. But anyone who knows me, knows I can't shut up about it. I love the thing.

Live in a big city?

My friend and I went driving around with his Vita. Total users found within 1 hour of driving: 4.

Shame.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 59 of 65 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/07/2006
Offline
2213 posts
 

Re: How many Vita's do you think sold during launch?

Feb 25, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

COHEED__ wrote:

The game section in wal mart has about 5-6 vitas still, but only 5 games left/ on display.

I bought the system with Uncharted in mind. I ended up getting a 2 year AD plan, 32GB card, 6 more games, all within a week of the official launch.

I'm hooked.

I have ~90 people on NEAR at any given time. I have nothing but the best wishes for Sony. I haven't loved a handheld this much since the original game boy. Now I am an old man, but this Vita is really cool. I'm probably slightly out of the target demographic for the system.

It is really strange that people still haven't even heard about it. But anyone who knows me, knows I can't shut up about it. I love the thing.

Live in a big city?

My friend and I went driving around with his Vita. Total users found within 1 hour of driving: 4.

Shame.

Live in a small small town??

I live in a small town in Central PA..  Not much around here as far as jobs or even malls.  I can turn my Vita on, load up near and find 138 people using near, me..  That's not bad considering we are 45 mins away from any major city..

Message 60 of 65 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes