Feb 23 2012
By: Tatsuya441 Lombax Warrior 144 posts

How many Vita's do you think sold during launch?

64 replies 81 views Edited Feb 23, 2012

Hey guys, just curious how many PSVitas you all think sold during the two launches (meaning FEB and actual launch). I have found 8 other people by me on NEAR so it looks like its going to be up there.

Message 1 of 65 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7388 posts

Re: How many Vita's do you think sold during launch?

Feb 23, 2012

Tatsuya441 wrote:

Hey guys, just curious how many PSVitas you all think sold during the two launches (meaning FEB and actual launch). I have found 8 other people by me on NEAR so it looks like its going to be up there.

8 people ? lol , there are 174 showing up on my Near app , i live in NYC btw

Message 2 of 65 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Feb 23, 2012

woah! dang thats a lot! >.< I get your finding tons of discoveries lol.

Message 3 of 65 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Well when I first got mine.. I was the first in my area LOL.. didn't show anyone.. then as the days moved on, it was showing like 4 then 8, 13, 18.. and today it's up to 107   And I live in very small town.

Message 4 of 65 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Maybe not much where I'm at. I don't have a Vita yet but it doesn't look like many people want it in Arizona but I could be wrong, some people could be like me and not say a word about it in public lol. I don't like to talk about games in public, it sounds weird.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 65 (81 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Feb 23, 2012

5.. maybe 6. Just kidding. You could take guesses all day along. Just wait till Sony releases their sales... whenever that will be. Hopefully it will do better in the US than in Japan. My guess....... around a million.. more or less. There could be more sales though. It just came out the 22nd, so no guarantee.

Message 6 of 65 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 23, 2012

I'm hoping by March it's at 2 million. Lol, seems like it's not possible but it could happen you never know.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 65 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7388 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Tatsuya441 wrote:

woah! dang thats a lot! >.< I get your finding tons of discoveries lol.

17 on modnation, 11 on uncharted , 1 on katamari , 12 on ultimate marvel vs capcom

Message 8 of 65 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 23, 2012

i ended up at a best buy and frys electronics this morning and it was pretty sparse.  neither store had dedicated displays at the entrance like major launches of anything tend to have.  Out of curiosity i asked at both places and by 11, both had sold only 3-4 units each.  not representative of the nation I know but these are both high volume stores and more then anything, just speaking from the feeling I'm getting especially in hitting stores the past week adding to my launch titles.  I got mine last week, I am totally enjoying the vita, it's been significantly better then I thought it would be, I've got 10+ launch titles so I'm not trying to purposely hate.  That said, I have never seen a more underwhelming launch for any major system before like this.  I always thought the vita was going to tank and judging just by the general feel of it today, I am guessing the launch sure tanked.  They have a hard hill to climb on this one, especially if they are not proactive like nintendo was and do a very, extremely quick price drop before summer.  lose 3rd party support before that and this will not end well.

Message 9 of 65 (81 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13559 posts

Feb 23, 2012

regularshow1234 wrote:

5.. maybe 6. Just kidding. You could take guesses all day along. Just wait till Sony releases their sales... whenever that will be. Hopefully it will do better in the US than in Japan. My guess....... around a million.. more or less. There could be more sales though. It just came out the 22nd, so no guarantee.

No system, handheld or console, has sold 1 million on launch day. Mainly because the company doesn't make 1 million available on launch day. They usually only stock around 400k-500k

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 65 (81 Views)
0 Likes