Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 07 2014
By: MonkeyDad1977 Gaming Beast 2390 posts

How many Vita games actually have game goods?

[ Edited ]
2 replies 621 views Edited Mar 7, 2014

I noticed that pretty much all Vita games will have an option to get game goods by going into Near and checking the box next to the game. How many games actually have game goods? Do they all actually have game goods? So far just Uncharted: Golden Abyss, FROBISHER SAYS!, and Smart As have received game goods by updating Near. Right now I am playing Ys: Memories of Celceta and I checked the box to receive game goods but I have no idea if there actually is any. I'm also playing a bunch of the free Plus PSN Vita games as well like STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN, WipEout 2048, Sine Mora, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Jetpack Joyride, GRAVITY RUSH, flOw, and Germinator. For the most part though I am really just focusing on Ys: Memories of Celceta until I get it beat then I will really start working on the other games.

Any info that you could give me about the Vita would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edit: Added labels. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (621 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1058 posts

Re: How many Vita games actually have game goods?

Mar 8, 2014

huh, I just realized that there isn't that much sites dedicated to info on the "near" app and lists all the games that have game goods. For example, here's Giant Bomb's wiki page for "near", but it's list of games isn't complete.

Anyways, there's quite a bit of games that use the "near" app. (by the way: I keep calling it "near", complete with quotation marks, as that seems to be the official way Sony refers to it, the "near" app), but not every game uses it for game goods.

Because all the games you played on the PSVita are listed in the "Game Good automatic download settings" of the "near" app settings doesn't actually mean that they will actually have any game goods. 

So, here's a list I decided to make right now of games that supports "near" game goods that I'm aware of:

• Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
  • Big Sky Infinity
  • BreakQuest: Extra Evolution
  • Ecolibrium
  • EscapeVektor
  • Frobisher Says
  • Gravity Rush
  • Hustle Kings
  • LittleBigPlanet PSVita
  • Little Deviants
  • Lumines: Electronic Symphony
  • ModNation Racers: Road Trip
  • Rayman Origins
  • Ragnarok Odyssey
  • Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen 
  • Smart As
  • Soul Sacrifice
  • Street Fighter X Tekken
  • SunFlowers
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Touch My Katamari
  • Treasure of Montezuma Blitz
  • Treasure Park
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Unit 13
  • Wipeout 2048

That's all I've found according to games I own & lists I've found online. While there's quite a bit of games that uses the "near" functionality, I just wish more games did as well. Not to mention that I wish that more people actually use the "near" feature. I don't get too much game goods when I'm out & about with my Vita...

Hope that helps!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (594 Views)
Gaming Beast
2390 posts

Re: How many Vita games actually have game goods?

Mar 8, 2014

Thanks for the info.  "Near" helped me to get my platinum trophy in Uncharted: Golden Abyss.  About 25% of all of my collectibles I got through the Uncharted Black Market using Near.  I had to post a lot to get people to send me friend invites so that we could do lots of Black Market trades.  I wish that there were more games that supported Near Game Goods and that more people owned Vitas.  I would have really liked to have Game Goods on YS: MEMORIES OF CELCETA.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (586 Views)
0 Likes