Treasure Hunter
4038 posts

Re: How is everyone liking Destiny?

Jun 15, 2014

I noticed when you get new gear you character don't change to show it I hope that just in Alpha. Otherwise haveing fun with it. Pre-ordered and waiting on beta now.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 61 of 81 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Jun 15, 2014

TomatoDragon wrote:

ClosingRacer wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:

ClosingRacer wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:

It's getting addicting. That spider tank is a monster to take down. but loving it. only thing is i hope bungie is able to up the frame rate just a wee bit.

To what 90 frames per second? the problem probably is the game is at 60 Per say but isn't locked at 60 .... Personally I rather take 30 FPS with a locked 30 FPS similar to how Tomb raider is on Xbox one  over an unlocked 60 FPS  ... but that is just my 2 cents

im not expecting 90...though id take an unlocked 60. Smiley Happy

This game is 60  FPS  ( at least I think it is)... Unlocked which usually means it will peak at 60 but will dip down quite a lot like in fighting parts of the game which probably averages between 45-50?    A Locked 30 FPS like in  Tomb Raider on Xbox one the Game pretty much stayed in the 30 FPS range which is much more important imo then hitting a theoretical 60 FPS

As someone who's worked in broadcast television marketing for 17 years, i can assure you, this isn't 60fps (if you have mgs ground zeroes... that's 60fps.) I'm not complaining. i'm loving the game. just wishful thinking.

IDK i figured the game was going to be 60 FPS ... Personally after Playing World of warcraft in 15 FPS I can deal with anything Smiley Tongue

Message 62 of 81 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Jun 15, 2014
I never did get an alpha code. Pretty lame. Getting an ok feel for the game with this thread though thanks for the thoughts everyone. I definitely want to check this game out the more I read and watch about it.
Message 63 of 81 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Jun 15, 2014

aperfectstranger wrote:
I never did get an alpha code. Pretty lame. Getting an ok feel for the game with this thread though thanks for the thoughts everyone. I definitely want to check this game out the more I read and watch about it.

I got one for signing up on that website and Amazon emailed me another one ( gave it to a friend already) for pre-ordering the game or something

Message 64 of 81 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Jun 15, 2014
I signed up on the website too and it sounds like everyone but me got a code for it. I made it to the confirmation page so I don't know what happened
Message 65 of 81 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Jun 15, 2014
Love it . The alpha it self could win goty. This will be the cod killer and change gaming the way we see it. Welcome to a new age.
Message 66 of 81 (138 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2014

aperfectstranger wrote:

Pmed you the code buddy.

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 67 of 81 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Jun 15, 2014

DirtyGuttz wrote:
Love it . The alpha it self could win goty. This will be the cod killer and change gaming the way we see it. Welcome to a new age.

I highly Doubt this will be a COD killer.... The COD killer will be COD itself by means of destrying the game or just stop making it ...

Message 68 of 81 (121 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jun 15, 2014

ClosingRacer wrote:

DirtyGuttz wrote:

I highly Doubt this will be a COD killer.... The COD killer will be COD itself by means of destrying the game or just stop making it ...

^This.

COD cannot be "de-throned" by anyone but themselves.

They'd have to make a game so terrible or clonish that the game tanks and then are forced to actually improve their games.

Because all the other shooters and such out there cater to different audiences. COD is a "casual" shooter, anyone can pick it up, play it, and do SOMETHING in it. Even if they don't win, it's still "easy".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 69 of 81 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Jun 15, 2014

Honestly...I didn't think it was that great. I thought it was over hyped before the Alpha.

Trying the Alpha, I really did start to like it and I got used to everything rather fast. Reached lvl8, just doing side missions now. I put a few hours into the game, not going to deny.

But as far as pre-ordering goes....I'll pass. I STILL think its incredibly over-hyped. It won't be a CoD killer. If anything I'll wait for the price to drop because I don't think its worth 69.99 (CAD). Especially with the framerate its running by. Really feels like PS3 graphics, not next gen at all. 

I like the story, the side missions, the gathering, the upgrading and the PvP component however that aside, I'm still very happy I didn't pre-order this like a lot of people did. I'm glad I tried the Alpha though to get a feel for it.. (1 more day to go) 

But yeah, end point for me is that its great however not as good as it was put out to be and marketed as. 

Same thing with EA UFC. Big time marketing on that game, but I can already tell the graphics and the motion of the fighting is off. Hell I played one game and I knocked the opponent out with a straight leg kick up the middle to the guy's face however I was seen kicking the air and the opponent just reacted as if I actually made contact with him. Seemed glitchy, I pre-ordered it only b/c I'm a massive UFC fan and I'd love to play with my buddies.

Anyways Destiny is a no-no...for me.

Message 70 of 81 (108 Views)
0 Likes