Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
255 posts

Re: How is everyone liking Destiny?

Jun 15, 2014
For an Alpha, it is truly beautiful! Gonna be a hermit when this are comes out!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 81 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2014

Here's the point: If you want to spend 60$ on Halo reskinned and remodeled and Borderlands' leveling system combined into 1 game that cost 140$ MILLION dollars to develop which I do not believe because this game doesn't look like it cost that much at all considering there are no new ideas for the FPS genre. But go ahead, spend on a game that is centered around multiplayer, and as for the bots thing, this game has no bots for a reason, because of PS+, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you have to PAY to PLAY this game multiplayer and with bots the AI is super broken. I am already seeing this game series to be the next CoD/Assassins Creed.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 81 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Jun 15, 2014

Varakharne wrote:

W/E I just wont buy this game thats all.

No one is forcing you to buy anything.  If you do not want the game, you don't have to buy it.  

"They ere in vision, they stumble in judgement; for the tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean." Isaiah 28:8
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 81 (177 Views)
Sackboy
548 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2014

I've come here to clear things up. There's too much misinformation going on here.

There is AI. This isn't a "multiplayer" game as in competitive multiplayer. The focus is co-op you can just go in and play by yourself, or with others. There is competitive multiplayer, but it's seperate. You build your character, and it goes everywhere with you, even in competitive MP. There is a story, a big one, we know next to nothing about it though. The AI is genuinely challenging. There are also Strikes and Raids, which are like Dungeons and Raids from other MMOs. You team up with, 2 other people for Strikes, and 5 other for Raids. They are hard, a little too hard. That's one of the biggest problems in the alpha right now. The game's difficulty is all over the place.

You may like it, you might not. For everyone saying it's like Borderlands, you couldn't be more wrong. Borderlands is (obviously a lot different than Destiny in both look and feel). Yes, you find loot and level up, like in Destiny, but it's much different. Destiny is bigger, it's more open as opposed to lots of open-ish areas that are connected by loadscreens.

It's funny when people are hating on this game, or several new ones for having some of the same things as other games. But they worship other games.

Uncharted? The Last Of Us? Some of my favorite games, but you're kidding youself if you think they did anything new. They are standard 3rd person shooters with a great story and great graphics. They brought nothing new to the table.

If you ever need to defend yourself against people hating on Destiny, or any game you're looking forward to, ask them what game(s) they're looking forward too. You'll find out they're criticizing your game for things that also apply to ones they want.

Edit: Final Flash seems upset. Yet again spreading misinformation. The gunplay has a sort of Halo feel to it. But the game is nothing like Halo when played. The leveling system is hardly like Borderlands either.

I chose TLOU and UC as examples since it's assumed most people in this thread have enjoyed it/loved it, and well... This is THE Playstation Forums afterall....

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 81 (173 Views)
Survivor
2515 posts

Jun 15, 2014

This game doesn't catch my interest in the slightest but I didn't know so many people really didn't like it after playing the alpha.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 81 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2014

JOSH55886 wrote:

I've come here to clear things up. There's too much misinformation going on here.

There is AI. This isn't a "multiplayer" game as in competitive multiplayer. The focus is co-op you can just go in and play by yourself, or with others. There is competitive multiplayer, but it's seperate. You build your character, and it goes everywhere with you, even in competitive MP. There is a story, a big one, we know next to nothing about it though. The AI is genuinely challenging. There are also Strikes and Raids, which are like Dungeons and Raids from other MMOs. You team up with, 2 other people for Strikes, and 5 other for Raids. They are hard, a little too hard. That's one of the biggest problems in the alpha right now. The game's difficulty is all over the place.

You may like it, you might not. For everyone saying it's like Borderlands, you couldn't be more wrong. Borderlands is (obviously a lot different than Destiny in both look and feel). Yes, you find loot and level up, like in Destiny, but it's much different. Destiny is bigger, it's more open as opposed to lots of open-ish areas that are connected by loadscreens.

It's funny when people are hating on this game, or several new ones for having some of the same things as other games. But they worship other games.

Uncharted? The Last Of Us? Some of my favorite games, but you're kidding youself if you think they did anything new. They are standard 3rd person shooters with a great story and great graphics. They brought nothing new to the table.

If you ever need to defend yourself against people hating on Destiny, or any game you're looking forward to, ask them what game(s) they're looking forward too. You'll find out they're criticizing your game for things that also apply to ones they want.

Edit: Final Flash seems upset. Yet again spreading misinformation. The gunplay has a sort of Halo feel to it. But the game is nothing like Halo when played. The leveling system is hardly like Borderlands either.

I chose TLOU and UC as examples since it's assumed most people in this thread have enjoyed it/loved it, and well... This is THE Playstation Forums afterall....

There is No "AI" in terms of what the player is asking for ....

Actually the Game feels like Halo with the addition of aiming down the sights... So it feels like Call of duty? ( It does)

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 81 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Jun 15, 2014

I have only played a little but coming from HALO and XBOX, its very Halo'ish which isn't a  bad thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 81 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Jun 15, 2014

I was not very interested in it until I played the alpha. I wasn't too sure on how all the MMO aspects would blend in, I'm not a big MMO/PC fan. But once I tried it, I just seemed natural. I will definately be keeping my pre-order and hopefully talk some friends into getting it as well. I can't believe that this is only an alpha build, it seems very polished already, can't wait to see the beta and the final product. My only complaint so far is the voiceovers, they sound terrible...

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 81 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Jun 15, 2014

Killa-B187 wrote:

I was not very interested in it until I played the alpha. I wasn't too sure on how all the MMO aspects would blend in, I'm not a big MMO/PC fan. But once I tried it, I just seemed natural. I will definately be keeping my pre-order and hopefully talk some friends into getting it as well. I can't believe that this is only an alpha build, it seems very polished already, can't wait to see the beta and the final product. My only complaint so far is the voiceovers, they sound terrible...

The Alpha probably killed whatever Hope i Had in keeping my pre-order for My xbox one or PS4 ... So many other games that I want before this game  that this will hit the bottom of my list on video games to buy this Fall.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 81 (136 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11798 posts

Jun 15, 2014

Killa-B187 wrote:

I'm the opposite.

I was interested UNTIL I played the Alpha. And then realized it's just more of the same stuff.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 81 (131 Views)
0 Likes