Treasure Hunter
8540 posts

Re: How easily can the PS3 get a virus?

Jan 27, 2010
we are talking about the dmz of your router, not setting up an actual network dmz. it doesnt compromise the rest of the network at all.
Photobucket
Message 31 of 57 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8540 posts

Jan 27, 2010

CrazySouthrnBoy wrote:
But what he dont get is getting into the HDD opens a HACKER to your drive & then into your Modem & Router

what?, ok you are making less and less sense. what does your hdd have to do with this?
Photobucket
Message 32 of 57 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 27, 2010
Lol I see you dont know anything about this **bleep** man, By putting something into DMZ On a Modem or router, all you got to do is brute force a port then you have full access to there HDD then you can take a A bot or trojan & upload it as a firmware for that router or modem
Ventrilo Server: 69.90.43.131 Port: 4315
Photobucket
Photobucket

Message 33 of 57 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jan 27, 2010

invader113 wrote:

It's impossible as of right now. If it ever gets hacked then there's a chance someone could send you some files that would destroy your machine. But as of now you are free and clear.

i113

OK, so lots of people are adiment that a game could never harm a PS3 in any way, although it contains software.

You are implying that software can harm a PS3, maybe even destroy it. 

So if software can be created to purposely ruin hardware, then perhaps it could happen accidently as well?

So someone is wrong, and I doubt its you.  Because we all know that viruses can ruin computers.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 34 of 57 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8540 posts

Jan 27, 2010

CrazySouthrnBoy wrote:
Lol I see you dont know anything about this **bleep** man, By putting something into DMZ On a Modem or router, all you got to do is brute force a port then you have full access to there HDD then you can take a A bot or trojan & upload it as a firmware for that router or modem

lmao,,again i say, you dont know what your talking about. so you are saying that having my ps3 in the dmz of my router would allow a "hacker" to "brute force a port" to gain access to the ps3's hdd and somehow install a program in my router?, dude, go read a book.
Photobucket
Message 35 of 57 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jan 27, 2010

Behemothic wrote:

My ps3 was infected yesterday with the Tekken6 virus....

I infected my PSP with my PS3, seriously I did.   Then things were different.
Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 36 of 57 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 27, 2010
LMFAO! I never said PS3 dumbass READ! before you speak & yes its can happen. Why don't you go to school & learn like my Brother did OK?
Ventrilo Server: 69.90.43.131 Port: 4315
Photobucket
Photobucket

Message 37 of 57 (184 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1199 posts

Jan 27, 2010

hjason1 wrote:
the ps3 is going to be virus prone soon. the kid that hacked the iphone just announced he hacked the ps3 last week. and the hack/exploit is, something sony can't patch. so were going to be screwed if he lets out, the information on how to do it.

It's all pure speculation at this point. Talk is cheap and all i've seen from this hacker fool is big talk with no resutls. Even if he does hack it there's no way it's going to work. 

All PS3's must go through the sony network. So any hacked machines will show up to Sony. Cheaters and hackers are the scum of the earth.

If you actually believe this tool, you're more ignorant than he is.

Message 38 of 57 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jan 27, 2010

MrJenkins6390 wrote:
all in all, i doubt viruses getting into the ps3 will ever be of great concern. and if they do, then a new market will probably emerge for antivirus software designed for the ps3.

Actually people make the anti-virus first, then create the virus, or at the same time.

Viruses make people millions of billions of dollars.  The only way we will get a virus is if someone can sell an anti-virus.

99.999% of all viruses are made by the people who make anti-viruses.   How much money do you think MS makes off of Norton??????  Billions a year.

So in all likely-hood, Sony would make the virus if anyone, then magically happen to find the anti-virus which you can buy today from the PS Store!!!  Get it?

Na13-31 wrote:

some_text
Message 39 of 57 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jan 27, 2010

choochie49 wrote:

Mopthefloo wrote:

i want to download stuff from the browser since the PlayStation Store is limited. but i want to be sure that if i go to a bug infested site (accidently) my PS3 will remain unharmed.

until there is an anti-virus program for the console i have no intention of using it, period

Actually the PS3 does have internet security, which is like anti-virus isnt it? 

So I believe we already have anti-virus protection on the PS3, even if we dont actively use it yet.

Na13-31 wrote:

some_text
Message 40 of 57 (184 Views)
0 Likes