Dec 07 2011
By: ramdomwolf Splicer 45 posts

How do you store PSP games on your PS3?

5 replies 431 views Edited Dec 7, 2011

I used to download PSP games then after downloading them I'd install the little executable bubble and they would live on my PS3 in a folder. (I sort my games by system, PS1, PSP, PS3, Mini's etc) However since upgrading to a 500gb drive on the day of the 4.00 firmware I'm redownloading everything and when I download my PSP files the install bubles won't let me install on my PS3 they keep asking to install on a PSP rather than uncompres and then when i go to open them THEN asking for a PSP. Is there a setting I forgot or did they really just flip the script and change how PSP games work? (in an extremely negative manner)

--
Just another second banana
Message 1 of 6 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: How do you store PSP games on your PS3?

Dec 7, 2011

They simply changed how the PSP games are stored without a word of warning. The bubbles can no longer be installed, and any games you've previously installed cannot be used to transfer to a PSP. You have to copy from the bubble to the PSP.

Message 2 of 6 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Dec 7, 2011

ARGG.. freaking a man that's annoying. It was perfectly fine before now I'm stuck either having a clutter of install bubbles or having to wait 20-60 minutes to download them when I want them.. bugger.

--
Just another second banana
Message 3 of 6 (431 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Dec 7, 2011

This is quite possibly one of the lamest changes I've seen so far. Why would they want to make it more difficult for us to copy over our games to our PSP?

I just downloaded FFVI and noticed the install bubble didn't go away on its own. Come to find out that PSOne Classics can no longer be copied to the PSP. You have to have the install bubble. WTF Sony!? Why is it always something stupid like this?

0 Likes
MVP Support
7215 posts

Dec 7, 2011

Interesting.  I knew of the copying problem, but I didn't realize you can't even install them anymore.  It makes sense to not install them, but it's unfortunate for people who already have them all backed up.  If I understand this right, that really complicates things - what about Minis and PS1 games?  It seems from the post above that you can't copy those installed games either.  So now you need an uninstalled one (for PSP) and an installed one (for PS3).  That makes no sense.

potatobreath wrote:

They simply changed how the PSP games are stored without a word of warning. The bubbles can no longer be installed, and any games you've previously installed cannot be used to transfer to a PSP. You have to copy from the bubble to the PSP.

Message 5 of 6 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Dec 8, 2011

The reason is because any of us who have already given them money can go to hell while

they pave the way for some more suckers with the vita.

Message 6 of 6 (431 Views)
0 Likes