Jul 16 2012
By: charlierl48 First Son 10 posts

How do you register your Vita?

7 replies 204 views Edited Jul 16, 2012

I go to the register page and I don't see how to register your Vita.

I see where it says PSPgo, the PS3, PS2 hell even the PS1.

I tried putting the barcode in teh PSP section but it doesn't take.

Can anyone help me out?

Message 1 of 8 (204 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Re: How do you register your Vita?

Jul 16, 2012

Been wondering this too. Guessing sony just hasn't felt up to updating the site with all the current systems.

Werewolfhero's anime, manga, reviews, recommendations, blogs and lists at Anime-Planet
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Message 2 of 8 (181 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
1635 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Not sure if this is true or not, but I believe that since a PSN account has to be tied to the system, that it registers it when you sign in to the system for the first time...I could be wrong though.

Message 3 of 8 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Jul 18, 2012

H2CStrongBad wrote:

Not sure if this is true or not, but I believe that since a PSN account has to be tied to the system, that it registers it when you sign in to the system for the first time...I could be wrong though.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

this might be true cuz when i sent my vita in for repairs they haad all the info on it already even date purchased.

http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 4 of 8 (139 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8893 posts

Jul 18, 2012
When you sign in for the first time, im assuming your vita system gets automatically registered with the servers.

No need to enter it manually.
Message 5 of 8 (114 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
433 posts

Jul 20, 2012
So by logging in, it registered the hardware with Sony like if we did it manually? (Or send in a registration card) Like would be nice to see some confirmation so we know how long we have our warranty for. Would love to see some official confirmation on this.

~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
Message 6 of 8 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Jul 21, 2012

i was told by sony that there one year warrenty starts after purchase. so im sure its registered already or how else would sony know the day i purchased it and i didnt open it till about 2 weeks later.

http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 7 of 8 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
623 posts

Jul 21, 2012

I am also pretty sure the Vita Registration is done automatically when your PSN is first tied to the unit. I also added the 2 yr with AD and I remember that it was only available within the first month after purchase, so there has to be a log on the servers. You could always contact customer support with the question.

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 8 of 8 (51 Views)