First Son
1 posts

Re: How to play PS3 on Laptop

Sep 13, 2010

There is one way which I'm using, however it doesnt play in HD only standard def, but hey, its better than nothing right..

What you'll need is an a Video Capture Adapter, one I recomend which you can get of eBay for about £5 is called Easy Cap

It converts the composite input into USB which you then decypher using software.

The Easy Cap comes with software, however this can produce a slight lag which will obviously affect gameplay. 

I recomend you download some free software called Virtual VCR which is a basic program that detects any capture devices and shows what its receiving. 

Note: If you've been using your PS3 on a HD TV make sure you change the display settings to output via composite cables otherwise you'll just get distortion. 

Once you've got it all go into the settings of virtual VCR and select the input device which should be detected automatically and there you go!

If however you have issues with recieving the audio you may have to do this, buy another adapter called 2X RCA Composite Audio Phono to 3.5mm jack adapter which you can get off eBay for like £2, use that to connect the audio cables (red+white) to a speaker that can take input through a 3.5mm jack

ANYWAY

There you go!

Message 41 of 57 (1,807 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 21, 2010

I've been looking at this question for a long time now through several different forums. So I threw caution to the wind and decided to go buy a Dazzle "HD" video capture card. Although excited to get a full screen PS3 display on my laptop it took 2 minutes for that excitement to fade away into a pit of pixilated despair. The resolution is horrific...and tweaking the settings both in the software and on the PS3 do almost nothing to fix it. I look forward to returning the $75 mistake to best buy as soon as possible.

Message 42 of 57 (1,807 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Oct 22, 2010

i have a laptop with hdmi output but no input so your answer is no if you have a hdmi output

Playstation all day! Card Collector #PokemonMaster

My YouTube: KidsPTC - Please Subscribe!

Get your Portable ID!
Message 43 of 57 (1,807 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 3, 2010

the only method i know is if you use an easycap 

Message 44 of 57 (1,807 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Feb 13, 2011

play something that is with sony or those wierd emulators

Message 45 of 57 (1,807 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22834 posts

Feb 13, 2011

mrbrown2195~ wrote:

Folks, the only thing that would possibly let this user play the PS3 on their laptop would be a HDMI->DVI->USB adapter. Most laptops, even the highest of the highest end laptops, do not have ANY sort of video input, just output.

Hooking an HDMI cable up between the laptop and the PS3 is going to do nothing, unless on the off chance the laptop has an input, which I seriously doubt.

Move along.

to the point reply    very helpful

but seriously..  HDMI converted to USB??  talking about major picture and sound    quality loss..

@ the OP

maybe this will do for you  (it was $170 before.. but  i guess people are cactching on ..so the price jumped)

http://www.amazon.com/HD-LCD-Monitor-3-Playstation/dp/B003P8X75Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297622576&s...

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 46 of 57 (1,807 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

How To: --->

Jul 1, 2012

Does anyone know how I can play Home without having my PS3? I have my laptop but currently my PS3 is unavailable. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Message 47 of 57 (1,805 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: How To: --->

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2012

Sadie_Bright wrote:

Does anyone know how I can play Home without having my PS3? I have my laptop but currently my PS3 is unavailable. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

No.

Home is exclusive to the PS3. And only playable throught the PS3.

Your question is better asked in the specific forum that is relevant. Hence why there is a Home forum.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 48 of 57 (1,804 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 4, 2013

I have a Thinkpad Edge, i want to know whether i can play PS3 on it?

respond ASAP please

Message 49 of 57 (1,244 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 4, 2013

flamingpade2001 wrote:

I have a Thinkpad Edge, i want to know whether i can play PS3 on it?

respond ASAP please

Did you even BOTHER to read the entire thread first?

The question has been answered across many pages....

Furiously Chaosing
Message 50 of 57 (1,240 Views)
0 Likes