Reply
Mar 21 2011
By: R1J_M-R First Son 29 posts
Offline

How do you interpret the life of a psp go?

11 replies 89 views Edited Mar 21, 2011

I recently got a psp go and realized that you can't see the percentage of battery life it has left.I know the approximate time frames that listening to music, whatching moveis and videos, and playing games are but I was wondering how you can tell approximatly how long my psp go has according to the bars, and when the light begins to flash but I think when the light flashes I have half an hour left.Any input would be helpful.

Message 1 of 12 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/09/2011
Offline
161 posts
 

Re: How do you interpret the life of a psp go?

Mar 21, 2011

I also have a PSP Go but I haven't really spent the time trying to figure out the time values.  Here's a way to measure the time based on percentages.

There are 3 bars. Each bar would be worth an approx value of 33% of the life of the battery. Start with a fully charged battery and use the Go until it goes 'dead.'  Note the total time, the time that each bar takes before it disappears, and the difference in those times.  Based on the percentage, give each bar a value in approx time (could be minutes, hours, seconds, etc.).

Now you have a baseline to work with and can continue to do tests as you use the system. For instance, if it takes approx 47 mins for the first bar to disappear while playing a game, try out that time period with different games and see if the results change.

Message 2 of 12 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/27/2008
Offline
5189 posts
 

Re: How do you interpret the life of a psp go?

Mar 21, 2011

xUltimate_Spidey wrote:

I also have a PSP Go but I haven't really spent the time trying to figure out the time values.  Here's a way to measure the time based on percentages.

There are 3 bars. Each bar would be worth an approx value of 33% of the life of the battery. Start with a fully charged battery and use the Go until it goes 'dead.'  Note the total time, the time that each bar takes before it disappears, and the difference in those times.  Based on the percentage, give each bar a value in approx time (could be minutes, hours, seconds, etc.).

Now you have a baseline to work with and can continue to do tests as you use the system. For instance, if it takes approx 47 mins for the first bar to disappear while playing a game, try out that time period with different games and see if the results change.


That is assuming the bars on the PSPgo are a linear representation of the battery life, for example my cell phone has 4 bars and the first 2 bars disappear with in 2 days, the 3rd lasts another 2 days and thast one can last 3 or more. So the last bar is about 3/7 of the battery life where as the first 2 are 1/7 each.

I do  not know if the PSPgo is like this but I thought I would just throw it out there. It all depends on if you have your bluetooth on, wifi on, screen brightness on maximum, watching video, playing games or just listening to music.

Message 3 of 12 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/14/2010
Offline
164 posts
 

Re: How do you interpret the life of a psp go?

Mar 21, 2011

The battery, like any other, has a non-linear behavior because it works on electrolysis. Take a look on wikipedia if you want to know more about it.

Best regards !

Message 4 of 12 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/27/2008
Offline
5189 posts
 

Re: How do you interpret the life of a psp go?

Mar 21, 2011

leonardokim7474 wrote:

The battery, like any other, has a non-linear behavior because it works on electrolysis. Take a look on wikipedia if you want to know more about it.

Best regards !


But isn't software sometimes written to compensate for this and provide a linear estimation of the remaining power?

Message 5 of 12 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/09/2007
Offline
1321 posts
 

Re: How do you interpret the life of a psp go?

Mar 21, 2011

There's also the fact that the older the battery is, the less hours it will last. Somone that has a 1 year old PSPGO is going to have a much different battery life than someone that has a brand new PSPGO. You have to estimate your battery life based on your own personal experience, and the older it gets, the worse it will get.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 12 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/14/2010
Offline
164 posts
 

Re: How do you interpret the life of a psp go?

Mar 21, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

leonardokim7474 wrote:

The battery, like any other, has a non-linear behavior because it works on electrolysis. Take a look on wikipedia if you want to know more about it.

Best regards !


But isn't software sometimes written to compensate for this and provide a linear estimation of the remaining power?

They do actually, but I wouldn't trust those bars that much.

Even so, those bars will eventually get less accurate over time. Because the older it gets, the less will it last (just as the guy said)

Message 7 of 12 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/24/2010
Offline
29 posts
 

Re: How do you interpret the life of a psp go?

Mar 22, 2011

How does wikipedia help?

Message 8 of 12 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/24/2010
Offline
29 posts
 

Re: How do you interpret the life of a psp go?

Mar 22, 2011

I got it in decmeber though and if it's a year old I don't think it would make that much of a diff cuz then people would e sneding them in to replace non stop and sony would loss tons of money it's prolly like 3 years or 4 at the most

Message 9 of 12 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/24/2010
Offline
29 posts
 

Re: How do you interpret the life of a psp go?

Mar 22, 2011

and how long would the waranty be on it then cuz I was thinking a year or 2 2 at the most but I daught it  would be two

Message 10 of 12 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes