Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Re: How do you interpret the life of a psp go?

Mar 22, 2011

As I said before, look Wikipedia if you want to know more about electrolysis.

Anyway, I am just saying you can't trust each bar to always represent a exact percentage of the battery life - each bar could have different timing.

I say that for experience I had with iPods, cellphones, etc. It could take a whole day to drop the first bar but would empty on the second day.

Message 11 of 12 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1344 posts

Re: How do you interpret the life of a psp go?

Mar 25, 2011

leonardokim7474 wrote:

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

leonardokim7474 wrote:

The battery, like any other, has a non-linear behavior because it works on electrolysis. Take a look on wikipedia if you want to know more about it.

Best regards !

But isn't software sometimes written to compensate for this and provide a linear estimation of the remaining power?

They do actually, but I wouldn't trust those bars that much.

Even so, those bars will eventually get less accurate over time. Because the older it gets, the less will it last (just as the guy said)

Technically Battery Meters aren't programmed to provide accurate percentage. But they still detect the amount of charge left on the battery.

Its true that it becomes less accurate overtime, the only solution to fix this OR prevent this is to recharge the battery to 100% then discharge to 0% then full charge, recommended to do this every month.

Message 12 of 12 (6 Views)
0 Likes