Feb 23 2012
By: ionic44 First Son 9 posts

How do you copy content to the ps vita OFFLINE

13 replies 6655 views Edited Feb 23, 2012

Ok seriously im freaking out right now. as you all know the vita has this BS thing called content manager. already in 24 hours im seeing all the pros and cons of the console. Right away i freaking love the browser, is way more powerful than the ps3s... untill you try youtube. i love how in an update the vita actually can recod video, thats bad ass and a step up from sony.

ok my main point, like any user i was eager to play around with the features and i wanted to simply copy some games, videos, my drawings, and of course my music. when i plugged it into my ps3 nothing happens, the ps3 acts like its doing something then it gets an error.

(when you use a psp the memory icon just appears and you copy things to and from it, EASY)

serously i thought my ps3 was broken or something.

i realised i needed to update both the ps3 and the vita, ok fine, so i went to my friends house updated them both, returned home and tried again. now its telling me i need to connect to the internet just to copy things. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? im sure this isn't a problem to those with internet but i don't. so what would this mean? that people who don't have internet basiclly can't use the ps vita? that totally breaks the all reason to have it. so i can't copy games, videos, pictures, or music to it...... UNLESS i have internet. WHAT A LOAD OF BS. im just so surprised sony would cripple the system like that...

but... maybe theres something i don't know. im new here so i really would like to ask, is there a way to copy things from my pc and ps3 WITHOUT the internet? or should i say screw it and just sell it. omfg I just can't beleve this...

Message 1 of 14 (6,655 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11145 posts

Re: How do you copy content to the ps vita OFFLINE

Feb 23, 2012

Make sure you are logged on to the same PSN account on both the PS3 and the Vita.

All transfers both to and from the PS3 are done from the Vita.  I believe for Games, the Vita looks for the Install package on the games tab of the XMB (which is why since the last update, Minis and PSOne title install packages remain on the XMB after they are installed on the PS3).

The Vita does not currently support PSOne titles, but I understand it's coming soon.

Message 2 of 14 (6,655 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 23, 2012

what about the pc if thats offline?

Message 3 of 14 (6,655 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11145 posts

Feb 23, 2012

As for game saves, I'm not sure, since I'm still trying to get all my PSV titles squared away.

Message 4 of 14 (6,655 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11145 posts

Feb 23, 2012

I haven't even connected my Vita to my PC, yet, so no clue on that.

Message 5 of 14 (6,655 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Is your PS3 showing that the vita is hooked up? As soon as you plug it in it should show you a screen that is devoted to the contrent manager.

Also did you register the Vita with your PS3 in the remote play section of settings? I was getting the cannot connect to my PS3 until I registered. 

Message 6 of 14 (6,655 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 23, 2012

yea it will not work whatsoever . it forces your ps3 to sign in first . that  is terrible

Message 7 of 14 (6,655 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Feb 23, 2012

It's part of the security measures for Content Manager that you need to be online at all times. I lost connection yesterday on my PS3 while transferring Touch My Katamari and received an error message on my Vita that it couldn't be transferred anymore. It would only let me transfer if I was connected to the internet.

Message 8 of 14 (6,655 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 22, 2013

great i just bougth a 250 dollar paperweigth...
is not that i cannot afford internet service... (40dlls + hidden costs and tax upon tax)
is just that bothh my only existing phone company  and the cable company said that
the don't have high speed internet service in my area... only Dialup (Qwest has dialup for 20dlls)

paranoid sony borks its consumers yet again (PSP go AND the stupid memory card and DLC only games) .... i understand the piracy problems, but why not only require internet connection to move games, and as for music and pictures only request  connection on the initial setup, registration and in case major changes are done to the media folders in the PC

Message 9 of 14 (5,624 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 22, 2013
this and the "No used games" and no backward compatibility on the new coming PS4 will kill Sony
Message 10 of 14 (5,622 Views)
0 Likes