Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Re: How do you all feel about your PSPs?

Apr 8, 2011

I bought the 3000 model.  I like it so far.  Even better jacked into my tv but I wish the cords were longer.  UMDs are a little noisy aren't they?   Could be the same as the PS2/3, just not used being that close to it.  Day 2 and already have finger prints all over my screen.  I don't even remember touching it   Was clean when I bought it.  Something special you suppose to clean it with?  So far dry cloth hasn't worked.

Message 21 of 36 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Apr 8, 2011

Yea those cords are pretty short but you can get extensions for it from your local electronics store. Umd's are noisy but you get used to them after a while, won't even notice it when wearing headphones.

I use eyeglass cleaning solution and a microfiber cloth to clean the screen. You can also breath on it. Just don't use any type of paper product on it or it can scratch (like paper towels, toilet paper) as it contains wood fibers. 100% cotton works too. I also bought a Hori screen protector for mine.

Message 22 of 36 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Apr 8, 2011

I have the GO and I love it.  I have got the 16GB M2 for a total of 32GB of storage and I have got it loaded down with PSP games, PSOne Classics, minis, TV shows, and movies.  Like it much better than my Iphone, just wish it made phone calls. But I am not getting the Play because it is not integrated with PSN and it will not play the content I already own from the PSStore.

Message 23 of 36 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 10, 2011

I love my PSP 3001. It honestly seems like the only console with games for hardcore gamers at the moment. I'm also really enjoying The 3rd Birthday right now. With all the great games going down in price I have to say this is my favorite system.

Message 24 of 36 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

May 22, 2011

UPSET! I bought mine because Sony said that they were going to offer TV service, GPS for the PSP.

Treasure hunter, coin collector, bottle collector (pre 1890).

Navy (retired)

Army National Guard (1996-2002)

Message 25 of 36 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

May 22, 2011

I'm feeling a bit impatient as of late.  I ordered a 32 gig card from amazon, then when it came, I went to gamestop and updated to a 3000.  Was gonna get a bunch of stuff to play, but about an hour or so after I bought it, the network went down.

On the upside, It's been a pretty decent paperweight for about the past month. 

Message 26 of 36 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

May 22, 2011

Each system is different in a good way and in bad ways.

The PSP GO is good for multiplayer games, from my own experianc I mean. You don't have to carry games around too, but you sacrifice a lot of space carrying your games on the memory stick. With older systems, I found them to be sturdier (sisters dropped my blue 2001 ten times, on the face and back and its still fine) and stronger (against death etc etc).

PSP (older systems), you can buy and play imports. Which is great if you want to play a certain game or games, that won't be released or translated, outside of Japan.

Personally, I like to own my games pysically. Never know what could happen virtually to make you lose your stuff or something. But again, that's just me.

Message 27 of 36 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 23, 2011

I have a PSP-3000 model.  Man I love that I can use both Physical and Digital Media.  While I love the PSN store, some games I like are only on UMD, plus I am seriously running out of room on my Memory Sticks for games!

The PSP is so much better than my DS Lite, which hardly gets used anymore.  And since I don't own any Console, except for a PC.  I do most of my gaming from my PSP.  My brother now has a PSP, and man do we ove the Ad-hoc feature.  We have played against each other alot.  Ad-hoc is good for games that don't have online gaming or defunct online (like TM Head-On).

Message 28 of 36 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

May 23, 2011

Well I pretty much shunned my 2000 until FFV complete came out now I play it every chance I get.

Message 29 of 36 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

May 23, 2011

I don't have FF V or VI yet but have all the others (minus III of course since Square Enix hasn't released it to PS).  I am wanting to get a bigger memory stick for mine so I can download all my PSOne Classics to my PSP-3000.  I have FF VII thru IX downloaded to my PS3 but they'd probably get more play on my PSP given certain circumstances of a household nature.

Message 30 of 36 (3 Views)
0 Likes