Oct 28 2012
By: WithDreday Lombax Warrior 180 posts

How do we delete post?

5 replies 927 views Edited Oct 28, 2012

I triple posted a draft of a thread and I don't want the admins to think I'm spamming. 

Message 1 of 6 (927 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Re: How do we delete post?

Oct 28, 2012

Don't think you can here. I honestly can't stand how these forums work. Everything is soooo old.

I mean even trying to quote someone is a real pain in the arse and requires all this HTML nonsense. God forbid you wan't to use a quote from something that isn't already posted..

Message 2 of 6 (922 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39149 posts

Oct 28, 2012

WithDreday wrote:

I triple posted a draft of a thread and I don't want the admins to think I'm spamming. 

You can't delete a post, just be more careful in future or the Moderators will indeed think you are spamming, why did you triple post anyway?

PM a member of the Moderation Team & ask them to delete the posts concerned.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 6 (915 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39149 posts

Oct 28, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

Don't think you can here. I honestly can't stand how these forums work. Everything is soooo old.

I mean even trying to quote someone is a real pain in the arse and requires all this HTML nonsense. God forbid you wan't to use a quote from something that isn't already posted..

I & most others like the way the new Forums are working, there are still a few things to be ironed out but the Forums are running as planned.

Why are you finding it so hard to quote someone, what browser are you using?, quoting someone else's post is actually very easy to do, like I did here with yours.

I don't understand your last comment though, how would you be able to quote something that hasn't already been posted anyway!!??

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 6 (914 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Oct 28, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

WithDreday wrote:

You can't delete a post, just be more careful in future or the Moderators will indeed think you are spamming, why did you triple post anyway?

PM a member of the Moderation Team & ask them to delete the posts concerned.

My browser loaded the post a bit slow and crashed so I refreshed and typed it out a bit differently and then I posted again only to discover It triple posted.

I have no clue why you can't delete though.

Message 5 of 6 (902 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6557 posts

DELTE THIS TOPIC (for example)

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

You can't delete so that if you screw up and insult some one you can't run and hide.

Most users can't even work out how to edit..

so it does not matter about deleing as they would not be able to find that option either.

Just admit your mistake and PM mods for Deletion. if you realy care

No harm no real failure..

Standard practice on forums is just to EDIT the multi posts deleting the content and marking it as a duplicate or un-needed post, making one full post, then mods can delete if they want.. or ignore as the other users will after editing is done any way.

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

Fix your 3.5mm headset mic issues with a solution....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Click Here <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 6 of 6 (900 Views)
0 Likes