Wastelander
749 posts

Re: How do people hack your psn account

Jan 18, 2011

p.s. i have a nyko inter cooler on it, so it wasnt overheating....

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 117 (1,778 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Jan 18, 2011

ctfw529 wrote:

i'm not disagreeing with you in any way as i don't have the faintest idea how someone could get your info off of the psn, but the gameOS has been cracked as well now. i can't link it here for obvious reasons, but the lvl1 & the lvl2 have now been opened. now, the only good side of this is that it's bricking consoles left & right, and the site with this info now has a huge disclaimer warning people that using the new tools released might brick their console.

here is the thing: the code that makes up the GameOS itself is uncompromised. what the sceners/hackers managed to do is to gain access to those levels of code execution, do stuff with the same security level as  GameOS. as of now, no one knows for example which funtion sony calls to open up the wallet.

I laughed at this, because when i was typing that response up there i had another tab with the forum of that same site full of people complaining ...

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 117 (1,779 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Jan 18, 2011

MileHigh420360 wrote:

i take excellent care of my ps3, i haven't turned it off for over 2 years now.   Someone was overloading my ps3 with some type of lag that was causing my ps3 act like it was having a heavy Load.  I have been around long enough to know when my ps3 has been tampered with.  i even got the scea message on the hard reset asking me to send a report to them. Which i did.

You know, there are 1000 things that could be happening to your console other than a hacker trying to get in...

like a backround download, high network load, your ps3 being overloaded due to not resting for over 2 years now...

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 117 (1,779 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5628 posts

Jan 18, 2011

I agree it's not possible to hack ones account, the only way is to know their username and password which is not hacking, like said either it's easy to guess or the person gave it to them. Like the above poster said the problems you experienced could be caused by any number of reasons. just because it happens around the same time means nothing. (For example, I hear many people complain that a said game cause YLOD just because they were playing the game when it happened, or a said update broke it, but when in fact, it would of happned anyway, not because of a game or update.) Sony's networks are also very secure with many things in place. The thing that has been hacked was the PS3 itself, which only affects the ps3 the hack was used on.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 117 (1,779 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3843 posts

Jan 18, 2011

TheSentient wrote:

ctfw529 wrote:

i'm not disagreeing with you in any way as i don't have the faintest idea how someone could get your info off of the psn, but the gameOS has been cracked as well now. i can't link it here for obvious reasons, but the lvl1 & the lvl2 have now been opened. now, the only good side of this is that it's bricking consoles left & right, and the site with this info now has a huge disclaimer warning people that using the new tools released might brick their console.

here is the thing: the code that makes up the GameOS itself is uncompromised. what the sceners/hackers managed to do is to gain access to those levels of code execution, do stuff with the same security level as  GameOS. as of now, no one knows for example which funtion sony calls to open up the wallet.

I laughed at this, because when i was typing that response up there i had another tab with the forum of that same site full of people complaining ...

yeah, i'm not claiming to know everything there is to know about all of this. i am in the process of learning it all now because i'm involved in a few threads on this site about all of this and have been doing a lot of reading/researching on those types of sites to get more knowledgeable about all of this.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 117 (1,779 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
749 posts

Jan 18, 2011

Yes, there are a 1000, things that could be wrong, but i told you guys what i did to fix the problem and it worked.   I can only tell you what i am experiencing, its up to you to decide for youself.  I can't make you see the light, but i can always point you in the right direction.   New ways of hacking are created everyday.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 117 (1,779 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Feb 8, 2011

hey who is dumb enough to give thier email and pass 2 u.

MEGATRON2415.png

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 117 (1,779 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 11, 2011

Idk but my psn account just was hacked in MW2. I think I have the guy's gammer tag because I got a friend request that I did not respond to but five minutes later my account was hacked. Someone had changed ny classes and set my clan tag as something rude.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 117 (1,779 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1319 posts

Feb 11, 2011

Milehigh, theres a thing called an "enter" or "return" button.  You dont have to keep making post minutes apart from eachother.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 117 (1,779 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3843 posts

Feb 11, 2011

BlackDiamondback wrote:

Idk but my psn account just was hacked in MW2. I think I have the guy's gammer tag because I got a friend request that I did not respond to but five minutes later my account was hacked. Someone had changed ny classes and set my clan tag as something rude.

your psn account was not hacked. the hackers have hacked the game & when you play in a match with them, it tricks *your* save file on your ps3 and also your save file on IWs' servers into thinking you've unlocked this stuff or changed your clan tag. don't worry, your account on psn or in your ps3 was not hacked.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 117 (1,779 Views)
0 Likes