Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

Re: How do people hack your psn account

Feb 14, 2011

This thread is so full of fail and mis-information that I want to cry..

Someone can NOT (repeat, NOT) hack your PSN account just because they are in your friends list.. Someone can not hack your PSN account just because they know your IP address..

It's just not happening.. If this was happening, Sony would be sued out of existence due to all the credit card fraud..

Almost all of the accounts hacked are due to idiots that share their accounts with others to "trade" games..

If you are the minority that got hacked and did not share your account, then either a so called friends/family that had access to your PS3 log in and change the password or you used very weak password that someone guessed.

Quit talking about stuff you don't understand.

Your personal PSN information is NOT shared between PS3s.. That information is only transfered between you and Sony's servers..

It is a different story when talking about Online Games. As other have said, COD has some fake servers that can mess up your COD game saves.. This has nothing to do with PSN.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 117 (1,243 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Feb 17, 2011

There are many ways to hack you like example there are many softwares for to do so and to do this they simply track your IP address and also on PS3 jailbroken consoles can have unallowed software and iOS features so they can also get your IP address through the PS3 it's self. The question you should ask is how do you not hack a psn account lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 117 (1,243 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Feb 24, 2011

YE i agree with ur right how did you found out that?

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 117 (1,243 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Feb 24, 2011
i take excellent care of my ps3, i haven't turned it off for over 2 years now. 

LOL!

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 117 (1,243 Views)
Fender Bender
3310 posts

Feb 24, 2011

MEGATRON2415 wrote:

YE i agree with ur right how did you found out that?

just by reading/keeping up with all facets of gaming. alot of this hacking stuff is new to me though. i've been gaming since around 1983-84, i never really cared to learn about all of that stuff till the last year and a half or so when i started learning about it when the issues surrounding the hacking of the ps3 started.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 117 (1,243 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
500 posts

Feb 24, 2011

ClunkerSlim wrote:

LOL!

HAHA!  2 years of constant running is going to cause problems, I don't care what kind of aftermarket parts you have in it.  An intercooler isn't gonna solve the problem if the problem is not related to overheating.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 117 (1,244 Views)
Sackboy
586 posts

Feb 24, 2011

If somebody knows you psn security questions they can get it to send your password to your email...lol but then they would also need to your email password lol.

Get your Portable ID!Made You Read This...MIND FREAK! IM NOT ALWAYS A RACIST BUT WHEN I AM IT'S ON XBOX LIVE. Raptor Jesus....He went Extinct for our sins http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/Aragon101/RaptorJesus-vs-FSM2.jpg?t=1259971737 http://lee.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/raptor-jesus.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 117 (1,244 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Feb 24, 2011

Maybe when he says he hasn't "turned it off in two years" what he really means is that he hasn't killed the power on it by unplugging it (or fat-boys have a physical off switch right?).

Atleast that's what I hope he means.

Surely no one has left there ps3 running non-stop for 2 years.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 117 (1,244 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3310 posts

Feb 25, 2011

ObZen88 wrote:

ClunkerSlim wrote:

LOL!

HAHA!  2 years of constant running is going to cause problems, I don't care what kind of aftermarket parts you have in it.  An intercooler isn't gonna solve the problem if the problem is not related to overheating.

not necessarily, i don't know what happened to them, but there used to be people on this site that were running their ps3s non-stop for the first 3 1/2 years they were out folding at home. when the ps3 first launched and folding at home was a more popular thing, people were starting folding clans and like i said, some people were running them 24/7 365 for a few years.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 117 (1,245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 25, 2011

Thanks John for posting this. I was just shaking my head in disbelief with people's theories on how hacking on the PSN happens. All of it is bullsh*t. Don't share your info and you will be fine. That means, don't do game trading with people you only kind of know. Problem solved.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 117 (1,244 Views)
0 Likes