Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Re: How do people hack your psn account

Jan 17, 2011

Ok people, ill gladly be the second hater if that means bringing some light into this.

If this is happening, (which to some degree i doubt) these guys are not using keystroke loggers or rootkits. The reason these work in linux and windows is because the way these OSes were built. Windows has some registry keys and other tools that allow software to run when the pc is booted, same as linux. GameOS, the operating system on the ps3 is as of now a complete mistery because no one has reversed it, had access to its code or i any way tampered with it. This is to say, to use these loggers and rootkits the gameOS would need to be compromised, but it isnt as of now. am not saying the "hacks" arent happening, but it they are theyre not using these methods at all.

Knowing someones ip means sh*t these days. I can tell you lots of microsoft, google and SONY ips but that doesnt mean i can hapilly go hacking.

Having someone on your friends list means they can sent messages to you thru PSN. That means he sends a message intended to your username, this message goes to PSN and then the message is sent from PSN to you. There is never a direct connection between you and the other guy when using text messages.

Your wallet password is not stored in the system at all. Whats stored (even if that) is the hash of your password.

The hash is a mathematical function and we can consider it impossible to reverse as of now. so, keep your password strong and unpredictable and there is no way hackers can get into your wallet even if they happen to crack open the GameOS.

This is the only secure way to keep the digital way going: Keep all  your passwords, from your PIN  to your PSN wallet  as strong and random as possible and youre safe. Hackers use the law of less effort: if they estimate taking some 500 hours to crack your account and will gain some 60 bucks that clearly wont worth the effort.

That same rule applies to almost any digital secret: If it takes you 100 years to steal 100000 billions from any bank the effort isnt worthy is it?

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 120 (4,146 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jan 17, 2011

My main concern is just that some one would get on my account and play stupid ass games like hannah montana and then im stuck with that crap on my trophy list. I don't keep my billing info filled in so im not worried about them buying stuff

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 120 (4,146 Views)
Wastelander
749 posts

Jan 17, 2011

i don't keep any of my information on file either on the ps3. If i buy anything it is with a psn card or a pre paid visa.  As far as what this guy is saying about the 500 hours of work for 60 bucks, that may be true, but people will still do this. If somone has your ip address, this is a critical part, as well as having the mac address of your router.    These people are simply trying to discredit thing so that others will not pay attention which will make their job easier to hack someone.    All i can do is tell you what happend to me and what i did to fix the problem. Next time i will make a video. 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 120 (4,146 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
749 posts

Jan 17, 2011

It would be worth it to me if i could spend a lifetime withdrawling amounts that equal up to a billion dollars. My kids and grandchildren would be set for life.  First you have to convince me to have kids.  Then we will work on hacking the bank later. lol

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 120 (4,146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 17, 2011

far as i know they can access you ip adress of the ps3 unless coneccted to you in a game of some type while they are host and they cant just hack you account they still need you info for it so its not hacking only way you could call it that is if they some how got the info off their ps3 and i really dont know if thats possiable

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 120 (4,146 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
661 posts

Jan 17, 2011

for anyone worried about their system getting hacked, send me your username and password and i will make sure you are protected JK.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 120 (4,145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

Jan 18, 2011

sonoske4 wrote:

far as i know they can access you ip adress of the ps3 unless coneccted to you in a game of some type while they are host and they cant just hack you account they still need you info for it so its not hacking only way you could call it that is if they some how got the info off their ps3 and i really dont know if thats possiable

there is no way for someone to hack ur account UNLESS you give them ur email and password DO NOT  let these kids scare you i cant tell you how many times someone has said they was gonna hack me i even push them to do it making fun of them laughing at there stats **** talking them ect... i even say i have over $50 on my account and tell them to go for it and im still here

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 120 (4,145 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

Jan 18, 2011

MileHigh420360 wrote:

Ok, so here's what happend to me just this morning.  I added 2 new friends who i met thru other aquaintances last night on home. I left my ps3 online overnight which i always do.  This morning when i woke up however, my ps3 started doing to very unusual things. I would try to start up home and before the Home screen would even load, my ps3 would do a hard reset like it was handling a heavy load.  This never happend to me before so i started thinking what i did differently.  I then tried Uncharted 2 and the same thing occured,  I would get almost to the main screen of Uncharted 2 and my ps3 would do a hard reset like it was handling a really heavy load. Next i though about why this might be happening.  So i deleted my game data for Uncharted 2 and thought maybe i just had some corrupted data.  After deleting the game data for both Home and Uncharted 2, i tried to log back on to Home first so i could redownload the software for ps3, but low and behold my ps3 would almost get to the home loading screen and it would do a hard reset like it was handling a heavy load.  After this, i then decided to delete the 2 new users i had added.  After i deleted the 2 new users i added the night before, i got on my other ps3 and logged on using the same id i had used on the previous ps3. For some reason everything worked fine again.  I then decided to go ahead and do a system restore on the ps3 i was having trouble with to do a full format of the hard drive.  After i deleted the 2 new users and did a full format of my ps3 it worked fine again.  Either it was coincidental that my ps3 was having trouble or 1 of the 2 new users i had added was causing my system to have a heavy load simply by being on my friends list.      Perfect example of how someone can hack your ps3 simply by being on your friends list.   I reported the users who i met on home to Mercury Valentine and gave the above listed description to her also.   I hope this helps.

ur ps3 did that cause u do not take very good care of it for 1 do not leave it on over night it could and can very well overheat causing big problems

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 120 (4,145 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4127 posts

Jan 18, 2011

TheSentient wrote:

Ok people, ill gladly be the second hater if that means bringing some light into this.

If this is happening, (which to some degree i doubt) these guys are not using keystroke loggers or rootkits. The reason these work in linux and windows is because the way these OSes were built. Windows has some registry keys and other tools that allow software to run when the pc is booted, same as linux. GameOS, the operating system on the ps3 is as of now a complete mistery because no one has reversed it, had access to its code or i any way tampered with it. This is to say, to use these loggers and rootkits the gameOS would need to be compromised, but it isnt as of now. am not saying the "hacks" arent happening, but it they are theyre not using these methods at all.

Knowing someones ip means sh*t these days. I can tell you lots of microsoft, google and SONY ips but that doesnt mean i can hapilly go hacking.

Having someone on your friends list means they can sent messages to you thru PSN. That means he sends a message intended to your username, this message goes to PSN and then the message is sent from PSN to you. There is never a direct connection between you and the other guy when using text messages.

Your wallet password is not stored in the system at all. Whats stored (even if that) is the hash of your password.

The hash is a mathematical function and we can consider it impossible to reverse as of now. so, keep your password strong and unpredictable and there is no way hackers can get into your wallet even if they happen to crack open the GameOS.

This is the only secure way to keep the digital way going: Keep all  your passwords, from your PIN  to your PSN wallet  as strong and random as possible and youre safe. Hackers use the law of less effort: if they estimate taking some 500 hours to crack your account and will gain some 60 bucks that clearly wont worth the effort.

That same rule applies to almost any digital secret: If it takes you 100 years to steal 100000 billions from any bank the effort isnt worthy is it?

i'm not disagreeing with you in any way as i don't have the faintest idea how someone could get your info off of the psn, but the gameOS has been cracked as well now. i can't link it here for obvious reasons, but the lvl1 & the lvl2 have now been opened. now, the only good side of this is that it's bricking consoles left & right, and the site with this info now has a huge disclaimer warning people that using the new tools released might brick their console.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 120 (4,145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
749 posts

Jan 18, 2011

i take excellent care of my ps3, i haven't turned it off for over 2 years now.   Someone was overloading my ps3 with some type of lag that was causing my ps3 act like it was having a heavy Load.  I have been around long enough to know when my ps3 has been tampered with.  i even got the scea message on the hard reset asking me to send a report to them. Which i did.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 120 (4,145 Views)
0 Likes